Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Center (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7555)

weim2 04-19-2009 10:23 AM

Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Center

Last night we had to use this facility for our dog who got into a porcupine. We had great friendly quick service. We are very lucky to have this facility in our area. So anyone, do not hesitate to use them.

KonaChick 04-19-2009 10:25 AM

Would you mind giving out their location and perhaps phone number would be helpful too. :)

weim2 04-19-2009 10:33 AM

They are in Meredith in the old Harley Davidson Shop accross fron Lovering Volvo and their phone is 279 1117.

pats fan 04-19-2009 05:59 PM

Weim2,

I feel for your dog! My dogs have gotten into those evil creatures before and it is very painful! I hope your baby is ok. What kind of dog is he? I have also used those Vets and they are wonderful. So lucky to have a 24 hour emergency vet so close by.

wifi 04-19-2009 07:47 PM

I echo the recommendation. Had to take one of my Siamese there a few weeks ago, excellent service. The are only open, nights, weekends and holidays.... exactly when all the regular vets are closed. The have a full lab onsite.

weim2 04-21-2009 05:46 PM

As my log on suggests, I have Weimaraners. One male now, a female on the way. I have seen these vets two other times also and have had great service each time.

meredith weekender 04-22-2009 08:31 AM

We used them late last fall and they were great. Friendly, Prompt and Very Reasonable.:)

Lakewinn1 04-22-2009 09:00 AM

Vet

Thanks for the information. We recently adopted a rescue dog and I'm sure she, due her inquiring nature , will also encounter creatures of the north.

michael c 05-23-2009 11:20 PM

If we are speaking about the same place: I have used them .Heading into Meredith proper, you leave lovering on your right and take a left ,as if you were going to the case & keg. Just after the case& keg you need to take a left about 100 feet further.
They took really good care of my Newfy one evening !
It was kinda odd: my regular vet had closed for the day and I was only getting really woried about that very time.
This vet we are talking about does not even open until late in the day. I think it is 5:00 P.M. but I may be off a bit .They stay open every night and close up in the morning..So it seemed a bit odd that I needed to wait until the sun was going down to bring my dog in . It worked out fine ,my dog was okay and they did a very good job.
I went home relieved that ,although my dog was not feeling well ,she would be fine .
She had only eaten 3 meals in 6 days [ A Newfy !!! ??? ]
and when I left ,they assured me that she was not sick , only feeling a bit funky and would snap out of it soon.
I think the Hamburg and rice with plain yogurt did the trick ..She hasn't stopped eating since and has gained back the 11 pounds she lost [ 11 pounds,while something to watch,is not as severe in a Newfy as in other breeds ]11 pounds in my little girl is only a loss of about6 % of body weight.Certainly something to make you sit up and take interest but many dogs ,if they lost 11 pounds ,would simply cease to exist.
She is a National champion and has lots of titles ,but in the end,she is my best friend !
M

Rose 05-24-2009 06:28 AM

Glad to hear your Newfy is okay. I've found with one of my cats that he ALWAYS gets sick when my vet is closed...over a long, holiday weekend. And unfortunately we don't have a very good emergency vet near us.

wifi 05-24-2009 06:50 PM

Michael, that is the place, the old harley shop, I took my cat to. They are ONLY open nights, weekends and holidays, which is exactly when the main stream vets are closed. That is what they intended their business to be.

michael c 05-28-2009 12:31 AM

they are good people !
M

Long Island Baba 06-16-2009 07:52 PM

Emergency Vet

I took my Lab/Neufy mix there last week. They are open each day 5pm to 8am which is wonderful. I shouldnt say it too loudly, but their prices are not too bad either. My "regular" vet charges $65 for a visit, and they were $80. So given all the givens, it was pretty reasonable.
The folks were great. My dog was very well attended to by the lab tech/vet assistant and the vet/doctor herself. They were great at explaining what was going on...very compassionate people. I would not hesitate to recommend them even if you need to drive a ways to get there. Call ahead if you can so they can be ready for your emergency.

Jmo77011 06-24-2009 08:49 AM

Great!!

Wow...what a great idea! Luckily we haven't had any late night emergencies in a few years, but when our boys (a corgridor and a Great Dane) get sick, it's ALWAYS at night! Or on a weekend. So nice to know that there is someone open!

Coastal Laker 06-24-2009 12:17 PM

Great to have for emergencies for sure!

I had a late night emergency with one of my beagles over the winter (at 11pm). I called ahead and they were waiting by the door when I got there. They were super with everything.

Newfie 07-04-2009 05:49 PM

Visit to Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Center

Thanks for this forum discussion since we had an issue today and I remembered seeing a thread about after hours and weekend/holiday pet care. This morning-yes on the July 4th holiday- my 4 year old basset hound woke up with a swollen, painful, and infected eye. We brought her to the Veterinary Emergency Center around noon and she was seen right away. They were very thorough and she is already on the mend.

winnipugs 07-15-2009 08:28 PM

emergency vet

amazing facility. our pug ate a dove chocolate bar and we thought she was a gonner. we brought her there and she received prompt treatment, and the price was without a question reasonable. they saved her life and im forever greatful.

A Piece of Heaven 07-16-2009 09:01 AM

thumbs up

I would also like to say that we were extremely happy with the care that was provided to our 13 year old Bichon. We also had seen the positive posts on this forum about the emergency vet. Highly recommend them.

weim2 07-25-2009 03:30 PM

Another Visit

My little Weim pup got a yellow jacket sting this AM on her mouth. She was quite displeased and more so when it began to swell. I called for advice which I followed but she got worse. I brought her right in and was seen promptly and procedures were explained fully and patiently. We are lucky to have this facility in Meredith.

SumoDog 07-29-2009 08:48 PM

Big Fan

Last week I was out of town on business and had an issue at midnight with one of our pets - wife was hysterical - I was 200 miles away - she called them - drove over and they were great - what a great addition to the Lakes Region area - driving to Concord was long - although the emergency vets down there are great also. Thanks to them - it saved me a 200 mile trip

Winopt 07-29-2009 09:01 PM

Daytime options?

I have already written the phone number down for an after hours emergency. Awesome!

Who would you go to during they day? Any veterinary recommendations in the Laconia / Meredith area?

Great thread!

trfour 07-29-2009 09:42 PM

No Specific #....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winopt (Post 101223)
I have already written the phone number down for an after hours emergency. Awesome!

Who would you go to during they day? Any veterinary recommendations in the Laconia / Meredith area?

Great thread!

Emergencies aside.

However, I would stay tuned to Winnipesaukee.com. As of a moment ago, we have, 17,990,827 views and counting and would not be at all surprised if someone had any question about the Lakes Region, that it would not be answerd, fourth-with.

We are not perfect, you must understand, but, we are looking into it.

Newcomers 08-03-2009 05:40 PM

Yes, they are very professional and have good I.T.

We are new to the area, but when we heard about them - I decided to drop in to check them out. I was greeted by a staff person who was very professional and he explained all of their services. I recommend getting to know these people before you need them in an emergency. An added benefit is our vet in Moultonborough - Meadow Pond - shares records with them electronically - so the next time my German Shepherd Dog - Sam - does something goofy - they know his history!