Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Recommend Auto Insurance? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22383)

shifthappens 08-01-2017 04:55 PM

Recommend Auto Insurance?

I know there is already a thread on the subject but it's rather dated and was attempting to get an update for a recommendation for decently priced auto insurance. I've been with Ameriprise (CostCo) for 10+ years and have always been satisfied with their rates. Since moving here their quote is $100+ more than what I had in California. Any suggestions/recommendations would be happily received.

Thanks in advance.

WINNOCTURN 08-01-2017 05:29 PM

Kurt Wicks, Allstate Insurance

Kurt Wicks

Allstate Insurance
447 2nd St
Manchester, NH 03102
(603) 668-7228
kurtwicks@allstate.com

I find Kurt and his Staff easy to work with. Always quick to answer any question you may have.

I got involved with Kurt some 20 years ago when looking for Snowmobile insurance. Most Insurers were quoting between $600.00 to 800.00 per Sled for a year.

Allstate hand a program where the Snowmobile coverage was split for In season and out of Season.

This brought the IN Season cost to under $200.00.

We now have our Home, Boat and Trailer, 2 Snowmobiles and Trailer, 2 Cars, and an Umbrella Policy with Kurt.

I would highly Recommend His Office.

shifthappens 08-01-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN (Post 282958)
Kurt Wicks

Allstate Insurance
447 2nd St
Manchester, NH 03102
(603) 668-7228
kurtwicks@allstate.com

I find Kurt and his Staff easy to work with. Always quick to answer any question you may have.

I got involved with Kurt some 20 years ago when looking for Snowmobile insurance. Most Insurers were quoting between $600.00 to 800.00 per Sled for a year.

Allstate hand a program where the Snowmobile coverage was split for In season and out of Season.

This brought the IN Season cost to under $200.00.

We now have our Home, Boat and Trailer, 2 Snowmobiles and Trailer, 2 Cars, and an Umbrella Policy with Kurt.

I would highly Recommend His Office.

Living in Belmont so I would have to go to Manchester correct? Sounds like a good lead. Thanks.

Slickcraft 08-01-2017 05:52 PM

For about the past 10 years we have dealt with NFP in Alton and the prior owners.
https://www.co-opinsurance.com/agent...vices-Alton-NH

They deal with many insurance companies and can find the best deal. For us that was the Concord Group.

Doobs41378 08-01-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifthappens (Post 282959)
Living in Belmont so I would have to go to Manchester correct? Sounds like a good lead. Thanks.

You shouldn't have to go there. I would think they could do everything through email these days. They may even have e signature like progressive etc.

shifthappens 08-01-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 282965)
You shouldn't have to go there. I would think they could do everything through email these days. They may even have e signature like progressive etc.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Descant 08-01-2017 09:06 PM

USAA, if you can qualify. Liberty Mutual has great prices for those who meet their standards. USAA has a joint arrangement with Progressive for boats and misc. stuff that they don't do directly, but you still get USAA service levels. Insurance companies are using a "Fair Isaac" software program for pricing, so you really have to do price shopping for individual situations. My good price may not be yours, etc . My experience is that both USAA and LM are loyal to clients in terms of claims and cancellations etc.

WINNOCTURN 08-01-2017 09:28 PM

Call them first.

Living in Belmont so I would have to go to Manchester correct? Sounds like a good lead. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Give Kurt a call, see if you can meet.
My financial Planner is out of Boston, We meet at Panera in Concord to move those Millions of pesos around so we can spend them in TAX FREE New Hampshire $$$$$$$$$

Feel free to mention my name George Higgins.

From the Lakes Area Concord and Manchester are just down the block a ways.

We built our first house here in Moultonboro and I was building my DREAM Snowmobile Workshop, We would go down to the Concord Home Depot late on Saturday afternoon. We would load the VAN with Supplies and then stop at the Windmill Restaurant for Supper. The had GREAT Steak Tips!

Over the years Home Depot and Lowes moved North, Lowes to Tilton and Laconia. Home Depot also to Tilton.

Tilton, we stop at the 99 occasionally.

Laconia, Wendi's, T-Bones, or maybe Fratelos

Greene's Basin Girl 08-02-2017 12:34 AM

I think AAA has the least expensive auto insurance. It can be hundred's of dollars less then the competition - and believe me i always look for the best price.

Major 08-02-2017 07:19 AM

Usaa

If you qualify, I think USAA has proven to be the most reasonable insurance around. I have been a member for 30 years, and found them to be great. Tremendous service, including paying on claims. Good luck!

shifthappens 08-02-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 282985)
If you qualify, I think USAA has proven to be the most reasonable insurance around. I have been a member for 30 years, and found them to be great. Tremendous service, including paying on claims. Good luck!

I've tried to qualify before but I was told that although I served 4 years in the USAF that I didn't make the cut. I'll try again. Thanks.

Doobs41378 08-02-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifthappens (Post 282986)
I've tried to qualify before but I was told that although I served 4 years in the USAF that I didn't make the cut. I'll try again. Thanks.

If that doesn't qualify, who would???

Whimsey 08-02-2017 08:39 AM

Amica

I've saved money with Amica. It's a mutual company and I typically get back a dividend of more than 10% of my annual premium.

Seaplane Pilot 08-02-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 282993)
If that doesn't qualify, who would???

I'm sure illegal aliens and members of Congress would qualify. :mad:

elbie 08-02-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 282998)
I'm sure illegal aliens and members of Congress would qualify. :mad:

You got that right!

shifthappens 08-02-2017 12:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm following up on most of them and hope to find a better rate.:)

Doobs41378 08-02-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifthappens (Post 283009)
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm following up on most of them and hope to find a better rate.:)

Do not just buy on price though. Make sure the liability is good and the deductibles are within your means. Make sure you have rental coverage if you do not have another way to get around if your car is being repaired for a covered loss.

shifthappens 08-02-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 283011)
Do not just buy on price though. Make sure the liability is good and the deductibles are within your means. Make sure you have rental coverage if you do not have another way to get around if your car is being repaired for a covered loss.

I am doing a price comparison with what I have with my current insurance and all is covered including car rental and roadside. One of the problems I'm having so far is that even though my son is not driving my car, the fact that he is here in my household several quotes insist he has to be on the policy because he has a drivers license (out of state). That jacks up the rate big time. If I hadn't told the agent that he was here there would be a much better rate that is comparable or less than what I have.

upthesaukee 08-02-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifthappens (Post 283012)
I am doing a price comparison with what I have with my current insurance and all is covered including car rental and roadside. One of the problems I'm having so far is that even though my son is not driving my car, the fact that he is here in my household several quotes insist he has to be on the policy because he has a drivers license (out of state). That jacks up the rate big time. If I hadn't told the agent that he was here there would be a much better rate that is comparable or less than what I have.

Does your son have his own vehicle with his own insurance? If the answer is yes, you only have to provide your carrier with his insurance policy number (and maybe a copy of his policy or insurance card). If he doesn't have his own policy or if he is not listed as the principal operator on another policy, he will be required to be listed on your policy because hee is a member of the household. It is, unfortunately, the case with virtually any insurance policy / company, and you can expect it to be on the highest rated policy. And it doesn't matter if his driver's license is from out of state.

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Doobs41378 08-02-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 283017)
Does your son have his own vehicle with his own insurance? If the answer is yes, you only have to provide your carrier with his insurance policy number (and maybe a copy of his policy or insurance card). If he doesn't have his own policy or if he is not listed as the principal operator on another policy, he will be required to be listed on your policy because hee is a member of the household. It is, unfortunately, the case with virtually any insurance policy / company, and you can expect it to be on the highest rated policy. And it doesn't matter if his driver's license is from out of state.

Dave

This is correct info. How old is your son?

shifthappens 08-02-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 283022)
Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 283017)

Dave

This is correct info. How old is your son?

He is 18..

Doobs41378 08-02-2017 05:29 PM

Yeah then he would still be an occasional youthful operator on your vehicle if he does not have one of his own. Keep in mind, here in NH you must carry uninsured motorist coverage as insurance is not the law. Did you have that on your policy in CA?

shifthappens 08-02-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 283044)
Yeah then he would still be an occasional youthful operator on your vehicle if he does not have one of his own. Keep in mind, here in NH you must carry uninsured motorist coverage as insurance is not the law. Did you have that on your policy in CA?

Yes. I'm going to let my current insurance run out in February and then sign on with USAA as a few suggested. By then I can get a great rate and more coverage that Ameriprise and my son will be off to college.

TheProfessor 08-02-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifthappens (Post 282956)
I know there is already a thread on the subject but it's rather dated and was attempting to get an update for a recommendation for decently priced auto insurance. I've been with Ameriprise (CostCo) for 10+ years and have always been satisfied with their rates. Since moving here their quote is $100+ more than what I had in California. Any suggestions/recommendations would be happily received.

Thanks in advance.

Insurance is not always the cost/price.

Visit a couple of local auto body shops and ask which insurance is the easiest to work with. Makes a world of difference.