Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting Here (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speed Limit on 93 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9882)

martbri7 05-10-2010 09:57 AM

Speed Limit on 93

Wondering if the new speed limit of 55mph on 93 stretch that the state is working on (exit 22 or 23) comes to mind, if those speed limits are 55 during non work hours or during weekends? I understand at some points in the highwayt it turns to one lane, but there are stretches where for a few miles its wide open.

Thanks

Brian

jmen24 05-10-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martbri7 (Post 126783)
Wondering if the new speed limit of 55mph on 93 stretch that the state is working on (exit 22 or 23) comes to mind, if those speed limits are 55 during non work hours or during weekends? I understand at some points in the highwayt it turns to one lane, but there are stretches where for a few miles its wide open.

Thanks

Brian

If it is a posted work zone, than it is 55 all the time. They do not take down the work zone on the weekends and at night. The idea is that you are traveling through a constricted space, so slower speeds are safer for you.

Lakesrider 05-10-2010 10:53 AM

"The idea is that you are traveling through a constricted space, so slower speeds are safer for you."

And for the workers mostly.

If the sign is up and it doesn't mention any zone it is the posted speed limit. You don't see an end of work zone sign until you are after the Tilton Bridge at exit 20. Though I think it is 65mph down the long hill to exit 20. I was amazed when people were passing me at like 85MPH in the 55mph zone, and doing 65 or better in the 45 zone. And not one Statey anywere....:rolleye2:

RailroadJoe 01-05-2012 04:07 PM

Most speed limit signs I see must mean minimum. Nobody follows them anyway, anymore.

songkrai 08-07-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RailroadJoe (Post 173943)
Most speed limit signs I see must mean minimum. Nobody follows them anyway, anymore.

Certainly some do exceed the speed limit at times.

But when they are stopped by the uniformed folks they do get a ticket that will cost real money and probably insurance points.

When I took drivng school many years ago and when I took the driving test I was told to keep up with the flow of traffic.

RailroadJoe 08-07-2012 02:29 PM

Some do! Rarely do I see many cars doing the speed limit or less. Times change and people have to get where they are going quickly. Stay with the flow - and break the law, no tickets given. Isn't this a great country or what.

VitaBene 08-11-2012 06:18 PM

If the sign is white and does not have some kind of flashing light indicator stating work zone, then I would go the number on the sign- that is the legal limit.

There is a section of 93 (exit 8 or 9 I think) that is marked 45

Belmont Resident 08-12-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 188844)
If the sign is white and does not have some kind of flashing light indicator stating work zone, then I would go the number on the sign- that is the legal limit.

There is a section of 93 (exit 8 or 9 I think) that is marked 45

I believe in going with the flow to a point. If I'm leading and approach a unoccupied work zone I slow down.
But if someone else is leading and there are others behind I'll go with the flow to a point depending on just how fast over the leader is going. I draw a line at more then 5 over.
During work hours I'll be the one doing the posted speed limit.