Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gilford non-resident school tuition (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27525)

twentworth12 10-09-2021 12:21 PM

Gilford non-resident school tuition

Does anyone know how putting a student in the Gilford school system works? Or what the annual tuition is?

mcdude 10-09-2021 01:15 PM

<table class="table--spacing--spacious table--mobile-show-headers table--fixed-width-columns-md"><thead><tr><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>https://ireport.education.nh.gov/districts/191/finance

School Type Comparison

<table class="table--spacing--spacious table--mobile-show-headers table--fixed-width-columns-md"><thead> <tr><th>School Type

</th><th>District

</th><th>State

</th></tr> </thead><tbody><tr><th>Elementary School

</th> <td data-column-header="District">$18,455</td><td data-column-header="State">$16,520</td> </tr><tr><th>Middle School

</th> <td data-column-header="District">$19,295</td><td data-column-header="State">$15,490</td> </tr><tr><th>High School

</th><td data-column-header="District">$21,194</td><td data-column-header="State">$16,600</td></tr></tbody></table></th></tr> </thead><tbody><tr><th>
</th> <td data-column-header="District">
</td><td data-column-header="State">
</td> </tr><tr><th>Gilmanton tuitions it's students to Gilford.

According to the AREA agreement signed in 2003, Gilmanton is responsible for a per pupil tuition charge, which is about $18,000 this year, and a rental charge, which is unknown.
</th> <td data-column-header="District">
</td></tr><tr><th>
</th><td data-column-header="District">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

NHskier 10-09-2021 05:48 PM

Best to check with the SAU. Depending on where you live there may well be a different (higher) rate for “tuition students”, those outside the AREA (regional agreement) sending towns. It may also be that such students are not being accepted at a given point in time due to space limitations.

mcdude 10-09-2021 06:05 PM

....or Covid concerns/protocols

John Mercier 10-09-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 363205)
....or Covid concerns/protocols

That wouldn't do it. The student isn't expected to be a short term guest.

joey2665 10-09-2021 08:39 PM

I petitioned to Interlakes two years ago. You had to be approved by the board of education and the tuition was 20k. Unfortunately the board did not approve us but it all worked out for the best my son now attends New Hampton

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

fatlazyless 10-10-2021 09:32 AM

New Hampton School ... www.newhampton.org: From the nine Bicknell Tennis Courts to the Jacobson Ice Arena, there's always plenty for YOU to do at the New Hampton School!

"The ice is in!" ...... https://www.facebook.com/newhamptons...3551468915206/ ..... Sept 28, 2018

Today is October 10, 2021 so it could well be you can play tennis and ice hockey/figure skating on the same day? What to do? .... :D

BroadHopper 10-10-2021 11:40 AM

Holderness School

That's cheap compared to Holderness School. My granddaughter's tuition and board are $70,000 a year!

mcdude 10-10-2021 11:46 AM

$64,700 for New Hampton School. Day students: $38.500

fatlazyless 10-10-2021 11:47 AM

So ... inquiring minds want to know ... how come the Holderness School only has EIGHT tennis courts if the New Hampton School has NINE tennis courts ... :eek:

And, how many tennis courts at Brewster Academy over in Wolfeboro?

Descant 10-10-2021 01:13 PM

Deceptive numbers?

These private school tuition numbers may be a little deceptive, just like college tuition numbers. Tuition at Phillips Exeter is listed at ~$59K, but they have an endowment of over $1.3B and award $20-25K in financial aid grants each year.

If the OP doesn't live in Gilford, but wants a better school experience than his residence offers, a regional charter school might be an answer. These are still public schools but have an academic focus, e.g. arts, STEM. history.

joey2665 10-10-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 363226)
$64,700 for New Hampton School. Day students: $38.500

Correct. My son is a day student

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TheTimeTraveler 10-10-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 363231)
These private school tuition numbers may be a little deceptive, just like college tuition numbers. Tuition at Phillips Exeter is listed at ~$59K, but they have an endowment of over $1.3B and award $20-25K in financial aid grants each year.

If the OP doesn't live in Gilford, but wants a better school experience than his residence offers, a regional charter school might be an answer. These are still public schools but have an academic focus, e.g. arts, STEM. history.

$1.3 Billion isn't what is used to be. Speaking of endowments: Harvard is sitting on $60 Billion and they're always looking for more!

Descant 10-10-2021 07:13 PM

Embarrassed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 363239)
$1.3 Billion isn't what is used to be. Speaking of endowments: Harvard is sitting on $60 Billion and they're always looking for more!

If I were Harvard alumnus, I think I'd almost be embarrassed when I get the annual donate letter.

Sue Doe-Nym 10-10-2021 07:52 PM

Yegods re the cost of education and everything!

This thread really makes me feel ancient, which isn’t too far from the truth. As college graduates in 1961 and newlyweds around then, our combined income was $10,000 and we saved all of mine, some of his, and were able to purchase a charming but tiny stone house in a short time period. We were able to educate two children without loans. The reason I bring this up is that the goals we were able to attain back then aren’t within reach of so many right now. Education expenses are not even close to being in step with inflation, but are multiples higher than the value of today’s dollar vs. that in 1961, for example. I have worked this out using 1961 tuitions vs. today’s with various institutions, and the results are astonishing to me. No wonder people are discouraged.

TheTimeTraveler 10-10-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 363250)
This thread really makes me feel ancient, which isn’t too far from the truth. As college graduates in 1961 and newlyweds around then, our combined income was $10,000 and we saved all of mine, some of his, and were able to purchase a charming but tiny stone house in a short time period. We were able to educate two children without loans. The reason I bring this up is that the goals we were able to attain back then aren’t within reach of so many right now. Education expenses are not even close to being in step with inflation, but are multiples higher than the value of today’s dollar vs. that in 1961, for example. I have worked this out using 1961 tuitions vs. today’s with various institutions, and the results are astonishing to me. No wonder people are discouraged.

You likely could buy a new house back in 1961 for $25,000 or so.....

Sue Doe-Nym 10-10-2021 08:11 PM

Yep….it was $24,500, stone Tudor with only 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 fireplaces on 4 acres. 2 car detached garage with workshop and potting shed. We loved it, but outgrew it……