Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Castle in the clouds (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28180)

Jagstersmom 07-31-2022 08:03 PM

Castle in the clouds

Does anyone know if the restaurant in the Castle in the clouds has opened yet? I know they couldn't get staff and had shut down.

SAMIAM 08-01-2022 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagstersmom (Post 374130)
Does anyone know if the restaurant in the Castle in the clouds has opened yet? I know they couldn't get staff and had shut down.

Only the snack bar is open next to the pond.
Beer,wine and some nice wraps are available.
Miss the Carriage House very much but the snack bar is pleasant with outside tables and views of the mountain

FlyingScot 08-01-2022 07:29 AM

This is such a bummer--The Carriage House lobster rolls and views were second to none!

thinkxingu 08-01-2022 07:29 AM

Has anyone taken in a concert in that new venue? We were thinking of checking out the Fleetwood Mac cover band, but the timing didn't work out.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

winni83 08-01-2022 07:53 AM

We have been to the first two. Beatles Tribute and ELO. Both very good, but the Beatles was fantastic. Seating under the tent is very good and the acoustics, lighting and the stage are impressive. Lawn seating seems to be popular too and is less expensive than tent seating. There are 3 events left in the series at Castle In The Clouds.

8gv 08-01-2022 07:56 AM

We have been to their venue for a concert.

It's called Great Waters.

It's a nice place.

The audience was somewhat seasoned citizen dominant and thus the parking lot exodus after the show was, um, "entertaining".

This coming Saturday we will see a band play the Fleetwood Mac album Rumors in its entirety.

thinkxingu 08-01-2022 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winni83 (Post 374146)
We have been to the first two. Beatles Tribute and ELO. Both very good, but the Beatles was fantastic. Seating under the tent is very good and the acoustics, lighting and the stage are impressive. Lawn seating seems to be popular too and is less expensive than tent seating. There are 3 events left in the series at Castle In The Clouds.

How open was the tent for the show? When we went hiking the other day, it was all closed up which looked horrible, but I'm assuming that's just for unused times?

winni83 08-01-2022 08:04 AM

The sides of the tent are fully open during the shows, but in the event of rain the sides can be closed. That is one down side of the lawn seating -- rain. There is good airflow in the tent and it looks very solid. The seats in the tent are reserved seats and each seat is numbered with the row and seat number.

upthesaukee 08-01-2022 08:18 AM

Last year

We went last year to a comedy show. Seating is on folding chairs and they are placed right next to one another on the grass. Not a lot of room for those whose butts don't fit within the confines of a folding chair seat. It was a warm night, no breeze, and the sides were up. Because it was so warm, we all wore shorts and shirtsleeves. As it got dark, the mosquitoes came out to enjoy the bounteous buffet being offered. I concur with 8gv, exiting the parking area and the property exalts the phrase "patience is a virtue".

We would go again, but memo to self: bring the Deep Woods Off. :cool:

Dave

thinkxingu 08-01-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 374147)
This coming Saturday we will see a band play the Fleetwood Mac album Rumors in its entirety.

This is the one we're gonna miss—enjoy, friend!