Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Speed Limits (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   SB-27 and anticipation (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12086)

lawn psycho 05-17-2011 05:04 PM

SB-27 and anticipation

We should ask Las Vegas to allow for betting on the number of votes for/against SB-27.

Hard to say how many legislators will take which sides but I'm sure 99% have already made up their minds.

I truly hope it passes so we can move on from this issue for a while.

Sleezstak 05-17-2011 08:37 PM

You know, I hope it passes too.

Grandpa Redneck 05-18-2011 05:37 AM

I also hope it passes, but I personally think they should repeal the speed limit altogether.

NH_boater 05-18-2011 05:55 AM

I am against the speed limit but I don't expect it getting removed. Look at the trends nationally. It apears to me that Lake speed limits go in, they do not come out.

Regardless of the facts, legislators are not likely to remove a law 'intended for public safety'. Especially after such a recent, high-profile case that included a fatality.

Grandpa Redneck 05-18-2011 06:07 AM

I agree it is not likely to be repealed, and is instead likely to become state wide. I am also afraid, knowing how libs, flatlanda's and politicians work, that if 45 is considered the max "safe speed" for a lake the size of Winnipesaukee, then the smaller lakes in the state may end up being no wake zones.

(and just for clarification, Flatlanda is a State of mind, not necessarily a State of birth.)

fatlazyless 05-18-2011 06:30 AM

One thing about the performance boaters is that they are some hard core boaters who get out on the lake and go boating regardless of the rain and wind. So's that one more reason why there's been fewer boats out on the water of late.

White caps, wind, rain and 4.50/gal gas don't mean nuth'n to someone who has scratched together $20,000 for a 20-year old Donzi with twin 454 engines and kept the boat all running pretty good........more or less.....they want to go boating.....cept for this .....(fill in the blank depending on your speed limits alienation of affection).... 45-mph speed limit! There seems to be a definite lack of boaters out on the water, lately, and even the early season, cold water kayakers have disappeared?

chipj29 05-18-2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 157276)
One thing about the performance boaters is that they are some hard core boaters who get out on the lake and go boating regardless of the rain and wind. So's that one more reason why there's been fewer boats out on the water of late.

White caps, wind, rain and 4.50/gal gas don't mean nuth'n to someone who has scratched together $20,000 for a 20-year old Donzi with twin 454 engines and kept the boat all running pretty good........more or less.....they want to go boating.....cept for this .....(fill in the blank depending on your speed limits alienation of affection).... 45-mph speed limit! There seems to be a definite lack of boaters out on the water, lately, and even the early season, cold water kayakers have disappeared?

The fact that it has been in the 40's and raining for 4 days, not to mention the water temps, all might have something to do with that.