Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Outdoor fire pit recommendations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27911)

imyourhuckleberry 05-02-2022 06:40 PM

Outdoor fire pit recommendations

I'm looking at putting in a propane outdoor fire pit and the landscaper i called is booking out into next year.

Can anyone recommend a place near Meredith that will install a gas fire pit this year?

John Mercier 05-02-2022 07:03 PM

I'm going to guess you mean running a line from your propane supply to where you want the firepit.
Stop in at Middleton and ask Mike Breton who he would recommend.
He should know most of the plumbers in the area and their schedules.

imyourhuckleberry 05-02-2022 08:22 PM

ok thanks for that. I actually hadn't considered that part, and will give him a call.
I was referring to a landscape company that would physically install it.
Called Belknap but they're booking into 2022.

John Mercier 05-02-2022 11:18 PM

A gas firepit... if you have a specific one in mind... maybe something they could do most of.

Mr. V 05-02-2022 11:24 PM

You'll probably need to go to a vendor away from the lake to get what you want when you want it.

BroadHopper 05-03-2022 05:43 AM

Middleton

I second Middleton. Lately, I have had better luck with Middleton for all my needs. Lowes and Home Depot have really gone downhill!

imyourhuckleberry 05-03-2022 07:40 AM

Not being remotely familiar with middleton, can someone post a link to what that is?

burgerunh 05-03-2022 07:46 AM

My advice...Get the most powerful, highest BTU's that is available. Propane fire pits do not throw off heat the way a traditional wood campfire does. The flip side of that is convenience and you don't stink like a campfire.

pondguy 05-03-2022 07:52 AM

Stinkin like a camp fire is half the fun. :banana:

Lakeboater 05-03-2022 08:43 AM

Middleton Building Supply

Quote:

Originally Posted by imyourhuckleberry (Post 370181)
Not being remotely familiar with middleton, can someone post a link to what that is?

Middleton Building Supply. It is located right across from where they keep the trains by Lower Ladd Hill Rd

Descant 05-03-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeboater (Post 370185)
Middleton Building Supply. It is located right across from where they keep the trains by Lower Ladd Hill Rd

Meredith. But you can Google and find half a dozen locations.

John Mercier 05-03-2022 05:43 PM

It does get confusing sometimes.
We have had customers call the Middleton store and think it was Middleton-Meredith.

All the stores east of I-93 are Middleton Building Supply, all the ones west of I-93 are Lavalleys Building Supply.

mcdude 05-03-2022 07:19 PM

Why a propane firepit? Why not a "real" firepit with logs and kindling and crackling and hissing sounds? There's nothing like the real thing. And the lingering smoky smell on your clothes!

John Mercier 05-03-2022 08:02 PM

You can get a smokeless now.

I think the gas is more about instant on/off.

imyourhuckleberry 05-03-2022 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 370215)
Why a propane firepit? Why not a "real" firepit with logs and kindling and crackling and hissing sounds? There's nothing like the real thing. And the lingering smoky smell on your clothes!

I have a "real" one, a "smokeless" one too... and it's an absolute pain in the ass. Still smokes, ashes need to be cleaned out, need to buy and store (and haul) wood. no thanks. i wanna relax as much as possible, and wood is just one more thing i need to worry about.

Good call about the high BTU though. The one thing I would miss is that you can get a fire really ripping with logs. I don't just want the ambiance, I want to keep warm for sure.

8gv 05-03-2022 10:23 PM

After years of careful consideration I have concluded that for me, a propane unit is best.

I also know that I want my friends to have real wood fire pits for when I get a hankering for that. :D

dippasan 05-04-2022 09:04 AM

Easy Fire Pits.com

Just throwing it out there....

Bought a kit from this company 2 years ago and installed it myself in our outdoor table.
Kit was complete and very easy to install. We absolutely love it and use it all summer long.

They sell kits for every type of install you might want.

https://easyfirepits.com/

John Mercier 05-04-2022 06:01 PM

Did you already have gas piped to the area?