Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Recommendation for Limo Service (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28492)

Major 12-13-2022 11:24 AM

Recommendation for Limo Service

I found an old thread (2012) on this topic. We are looking for a recommendation for a limo service from Laconia to Logan Airport. For us to park in Central Parking at Logan is approximately $285. Wondering if a shuttle or limo service would be around the same price point. Please let me know if you have a recommendation. Thanks!

randalnh 12-13-2022 12:12 PM

I booked a limo for February (Grace Limo) to go from Derry, NH to Logan AP and back - cost $428 with driver gratuity. From Laconia it might be a bit more.

The total cost is a bit more than parking at the AP, but for me, the convenience is worth the extra money.

codeman671 12-13-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 379329)
I found an old thread (2012) on this topic. We are looking for a recommendation for a limo service from Laconia to Logan Airport. For us to park in Central Parking at Logan is approximately $285. Wondering if a shuttle or limo service would be around the same price point. Please let me know if you have a recommendation. Thanks!

Leaving from Dover to Logan it was around $200 each way, plus tip. I am imaging Laconia will be more.

Did you look into Parkshuttlefly? Its $203 per week and they shuttle you right to your terminal.

ishoot308 12-13-2022 12:23 PM

Asl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 379329)

Major,

Contact ASL Limo out of Gilford / Laconia. I have used them a number of times as recent as two weeks ago. Great company and super professional. They have a variety of cars to choose from based on your needs.

Highly recommended!

Dan

Descant 12-13-2022 12:41 PM

You can drive to Londonderry, park free and take the Boston Express to Logan, get dropped off/picked up at your terminal. I have also taken Laconia Taxi to Manchester and then whatever transportation I wanted from there. Limo convenience can't be beat, especially when you come back from overseas and it is snow and slush overhead and on the roads and the driver handles your bags. Priceless. Have a good trip.

Major 12-13-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 379333)
You can drive to Londonderry, park free and take the Boston Express to Logan, get dropped off/picked up at your terminal. I have also taken Laconia Taxi to Manchester and then whatever transportation I wanted from there. Limo convenience can't be beat, especially when you come back from overseas and it is snow and slush overhead and on the roads and the driver handles your bags. Priceless. Have a good trip.

If it were just me, this is what I'd do. We are returning relatively late at night from Europe and do not want the hassle of the bus and uncovering the car, if needed. I appreciate all the helpful feedback!

Woodsy 12-13-2022 02:25 PM

I usually park at the Anderson Transpo Center.... that way if for whatever reason your flight gets FUBAR, its not an expensive Uber.

Limo prices last time I checked were ridiculous.... it was cheaper to park in Central parking for my quick hop to EYW.

Woodsy

Newbiesaukee 12-13-2022 06:33 PM

I had a great experience with Lakes Region Airport Shuttle. I wanted door to door Logan to Long Island. People were nice and everything worked the way it was supposed to. Highly recommend.

joey2665 12-13-2022 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 379332)
Major,

Contact ASL Limo out of Gilford / Laconia. I have used them a number of times as recent as two weeks ago. Great company and super professional. They have a variety of cars to choose from based on your needs.

Highly recommended!

Dan

I also recommend ASL Deb and the crew are great!! I always ask for Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

phoenix 12-14-2022 07:26 AM

I have used Lakes Region shuttle for 15 years from Moultonboro to MHT and BOS they have always been on time and competitive . I think if you go on line they give you 10% off But you will still need to call

smith point boater 12-14-2022 07:43 AM

Murphy's

Mary Murphy recently started Murphys Car Service (out of Alton)
We used her from MHT to W. Alton and will be for the return in January. Nothing fancy but on time and very friendly and safe. Regularly goes to Logan

603-340-0723

ApS 12-14-2022 08:13 AM

Maybe...Someday...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 379335)
I usually park at the Anderson Transpo Center.... that way if for whatever reason your flight gets FUBAR, its not an expensive Uber.

Limo prices last time I checked were ridiculous.... it was cheaper to park in Central parking for my quick hop to EYW.

Woodsy

Are there enough of us to afford sharing a private jet from Laconia to EYW?

bigdog 12-14-2022 02:28 PM

Just an option, but whether you are flying out of Boston or Manchester, some airport hotels allow you to leave your car in their parking lots, if you plan to stay overnight at their hotel. They usually have you park in a special area of their lots.

I know people that stayed overnight at airport hotel, and hotel allowed free parking for a week. This would be extremely convenient, if you have a real early morning flight (which are usually cheapest flight of the day).

Something to consider......

tis 12-14-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 379362)
Are there enough of us to afford sharing a private jet from Laconia to EYW?

I'm surprised there aren't private flights from Laconia to Fl. Not enough interest?

Seaplane Pilot 12-14-2022 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 379404)
I'm surprised there aren't private flights from Laconia to Fl. Not enough interest?

Hi Tis, there are quite a few private flights from Laconia to Florida and other destinations. Net Jets is one of the most frequent operators running these trips, but there are several others as well. Average cost right now is running about $10,000 per hour for a mid-size jet, so the trip from Laconia to Florida is running about $30,000.

tis 12-15-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 379405)
Hi Tis, there are quite a few private flights from Laconia to Florida and other destinations. Net Jets is one of the most frequent operators running these trips, but there are several others as well. Average cost right now is running about $10,000 per hour for a mid-size jet, so the trip from Laconia to Florida is running about $30,000.

I see a lot of "net jets" flying in and out so I guess they are based somewhere else and just fly into Laconia? 30 is a lot, lot of money, but if three or four couples split the cost, it wouldn't be as bad.

Jeanzb1 12-15-2022 08:35 AM

Recommendation for Limo Service

Just last week I returned from Anchorage, Alaska. My husband drove me to the bus in Concord where I took it to Logan for $21 each way. Comfortable, on time, and you can’t beat the price!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

fatlazyless 12-15-2022 08:49 AM

From https://concordcoachlines.com/faqs/ ......

"Smoking is prohibited on all coaches. This includes all tobacco products as well as all tobacco-free-products and devices (e.g. e-cigarettes and vaporizers."

Is there WiFi on the bus?

Can I bring my bicycle on the bus?

Can I bring my pet cat on the bus?

How much does it cost, and how long does it take to travel by the bus from Concord, New Hampshire to Miami, Florida? ........ ;)

8gv 12-15-2022 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 379414)
I see a lot of "net jets" flying in and out so I guess they are based somewhere else and just fly into Laconia? 30 is a lot, lot of money, but if three or four couples split the cost, it wouldn't be as bad.

At $30k, three couples would each pay $10k.

I will gladly drive a couple down to FL for half of that and provide 60's/70's music, snacks, drinks and Dramamine.

The singing of mangled or out of order lyrics will require additional tip!

tis 12-15-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 379421)
At $30k, three couples would each pay $10k.

I will gladly drive a couple down to FL for half of that and provide 60's/70's music, snacks, drinks and Dramamine.

The singing of mangled or out of order lyrics will require additional tip!

Would this be in your limo? Be careful what you offer!!:laugh::laugh:

8gv 12-15-2022 12:21 PM

My Subaru Ascent self identifies as a limo.

Seaplane Pilot 12-15-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 379414)

It's all about supply and demand. I'm looking at some prices in early to mid January from Laconia to Naples, FL, and the prices are coming in at around $20K. What a deal!

8gv 12-15-2022 01:11 PM

I miss my airline...

tis 12-15-2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 379439)
It's all about supply and demand. I'm looking at some prices in early to mid January from Laconia to Naples, FL, and the prices are coming in at around $20K. What a deal!

Are you looking or considering?

tis 12-15-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 379438)
My Subaru Ascent self identifies as a limo.

:laugh::laugh: All the comforts of home, right?

Seaplane Pilot 12-15-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 379444)
Are you looking or considering?

Not me, I just happen to know people that are.

shifthappens 10-20-2023 11:09 AM

I used "Lakeside Limo" a couple of times for that route. Their rates were pretty decent.