Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Vaccinations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26664)

DEJ 03-10-2021 08:23 AM

You clearly keep backing up my point that it should be age based, period. Situational factors other than health care folks only muddy the waters and suggest someone is more important than someone else. Vaccinations by age group eliminate all this BS as well as union influence. But we are where we are and nothing you or I can do now to change it. Good luck when you go back full time teaching if not there already.

bobkatfly 03-10-2021 09:27 AM

Lost vaccine card

Has anyone lost their first vaccine shot card (other than me) and gone to their second appointment (Pfizer) without it? Any issues, turned away?
I think ours got mixed in with some junk mail on the counter top and trashed.

Sue Doe-Nym 03-10-2021 09:35 AM

I would suggest calling the 211 number and ask them....or....jeeponly had a situation where he had his card, but wasn’t on their list, and he was allowed to get the shot...but I would try calling first..

thinkxingu 03-10-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkatfly (Post 351928)
Has anyone lost their first vaccine shot card (other than me) and gone to their second appointment (Pfizer) without it? Any issues, turned away?

Good question—there's gotta be some record in the system that processed your first shot? I would think they'd be able to fill in a new card when you showed up.

On the same topic: what will the card be needed for, if anything, and should we get them laminated for durability/longevity?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

upthesaukee 03-10-2021 10:05 AM

Shoulda coulda

Too late now, but when we got our 1st shot, while we were waiting to leave, the worker in the waiting area told everyone to take a picture of the card in case it got lost or misplaced. Then to remember to do it again after 2nd shot.

In hindsight, a great idea.

Dave

Sue Doe-Nym 03-10-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 351933)
Too late now, but when we got our 1st shot, while we were waiting to leave, the worker in the waiting area told everyone to take a picture of the card in case it got lost or misplaced. Then to remember to do it again after 2nd shot.

In hindsight, a great idea.

Dave

Terrific idea! Now I hope not to lose my phone! 😂

Slickcraft 03-10-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkatfly (Post 351928)

Log onto the CDC website. Then you can view and download a PDF copy of your vaccination certificate.

thinkxingu 03-10-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 351937)
Log onto the CDC website. Then you can view and download a PDF copy of your vaccination certificate.

Do you have a link? I just did a search and found: "It's important to know that the CDC does not store individual vaccination records. Therefore, the CDC cannot provide you with a record of you Covid-19 vaccination."

Slickcraft 03-10-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 351940)
Do you have a link? I just did a search and found: "It's important to know that the CDC does not store individual vaccination records. Therefore, the CDC cannot provide you with a record of you Covid-19 vaccination."

https://vams.cdc.gov/vaccineportal/s...00000016u32AAA

I think that this would be only for those that were scheduled through the CDC VAMS system. And they should already have the link. I have accessed and saved our PDF files. Appears to contradict what you found.

winni83 03-10-2021 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our first shot of Moderna at Huggins was scheduled through VAMS. Huggins scheduled the second shot at the time of the first. The appointment for the second shot did not show up on VAMS, which had me a little concerned that while the record of the first shot was on VAMS, the second shot would not be.

However, the second shot does appear on the VAMS site, so we have both the card from Huggins, which we have both saved as a photo and a PDF and had laminated, but also the record of both shots on the VAMS site.

Redacted version of what shows up for us on VAMS.

bobkatfly 03-10-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 351937)

I did that and have the confirmation of first shot but it doesn't show any info on the second shot appointment that the paper card had. Our second appointment is tomorrow. I'll try to get through on 211 today.

bobkatfly 03-10-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 351932)
Good question—there's gotta be some record in the system that processed your first shot? I would think they'd be able to fill in a new card when you showed up.

On the same topic: what will the card be needed for, if anything, and should we get them laminated for durability/longevity?

I think the card may be useful for proof of vaccine when traveling while there are still restrictions. Sort of a vaccine passport.

thinkxingu 03-10-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkatfly (Post 351948)
I think the card may be useful for proof of vaccine when traveling while there are still restrictions. Sort of a vaccine passport.

That's what I was wondering. Has anyone heard of private businesses requiring proof of vaccination? I can imagine large amusement parks, close-contact venues, etc. thinking about doing this.

pondguy 03-10-2021 12:42 PM

I carry my card in my wallet just in case.

BrownstoneNorth 03-10-2021 01:08 PM

Proof of vaccination card

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 351950)
I carry my card in my wallet just in case.

We scanned ours into our computer and also printed them out on heavy photo paper to carry with us because we don't want to chance losing the originals, which we're keeping in a safe place in the house.

rick35 03-10-2021 05:48 PM

The vaccination card can't possibly be considered to be a certificate. Mine has two stickers on an otherwise blank card. What kind of official document would be needed to get on a vaccinated-only cruise ship? I don't think it could be that card or the downloaded pdf certificate. Either could be easily forged.

8gv 03-10-2021 06:41 PM

I apologize if this has been mentioned already but...

Tonight, Wednesday, 3/10 at 8pm you can watch the South Park Vaccine Special on Comedy Central.

If you have never watched South Park you will likely be addicted or repulsed.

Either way, don't blame the messenger. :D

rick35 03-10-2021 09:35 PM

My wife doesn't have a vaccination certificate on the Vams site. That's probably because she was my plus one and had to register manually both times. The only entry in Vams is that she had cancelled her first appointment after becoming my plus one.

bobkatfly 03-11-2021 09:33 AM

Lost vaccine card

So, we're off to get our second shot in a few hours. I just called 211 about the lost card and surprisingly waited only a few minutes to speak with someone. She assured me that they would have our records but to bring the downloaded certificate from the VAMS site (as Slickcraft described) for additional confirmation of the first shot.
Will update later.

BrownstoneNorth 03-11-2021 10:34 AM

Proof of vaccination

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 351961)
The vaccination card can't possibly be considered to be a certificate. Mine has two stickers on an otherwise blank card. What kind of official document would be needed to get on a vaccinated-only cruise ship? I don't think it could be that card or the downloaded pdf certificate. Either could be easily forged.

You're right, the cards with the CDC logo are already being counterfeited, but for the time being are considered acceptable by some places requiring proof.

THANK YOU for motivating me to find my state's official immunization records website (it wasn't easy), register, and get actual proof. I've now saved in my computer and printed that one out, too. In a couple of weeks we're going to NY, which has recently lifted quarantine & testing requirements for out of state visitors who are fully vaccinated — no indication of what will be considered “proof.”

I think most states have a similar data base. For anybody here who happens to be a Maryland resident, this is it:

https://md.myir.net/

bobkatfly 03-11-2021 12:50 PM

Update

Just got second Pfizer. Be warned that LRCC is no longer giving shots. Moved to Belknap mall. They asked for cert. cards from first shot but didn't need them. They also wrote new cards for the second shot.

JEEPONLY 03-11-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 351932)

At my second shot, the person administering suggested i keep my card in a safe place. At each shot a sticker was applied on the card with the date, location and make (for me Moderna) of the shots. So, my card has two stickers with the appropriate information on each, and I keep it in the same place with the cards that identify the type of lenses I received when I had cataract surgery- "just in case"! :eek:

TiltonBB 03-11-2021 07:04 PM

Patrick's Open 3 PM Friday

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 351824)
FYI. Patrick’s Pub closed today due to a positive among the staff
Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

We're delighted to let you know we'll be open for business tomorrow, Friday, beginning at 3pm (we'll return to opening at Noon next week)!

Working with healthcare experts, we have followed the CDC guidelines, performed extensive cleaning and are now ready to safely serve you.

ApS 03-13-2021 08:43 PM

Show Your "Green Pass"

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 351961)

I'd hold on to every document you can. Other countries are opening restaurants to serve people who can document their vaccinations. (New mentions of the "green pass").

Quote:

"According to the regulations, in order to eat inside a restaurant a specially appointed staff member, like a host, must check the patron's green pass or vaccination/recovery certificate, which can be done by scanning the pass's QR or barcode, before they can be seated. Those without the green pass can only be seated outdoors, according to the government regulations".
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing

WinnisquamZ 03-13-2021 08:46 PM

So we just toss out the HIPPA Laws and Privacy rules?

rick35 03-13-2021 11:42 PM

There's been some chatter on various news sources about a "vaccine passport". Theres nothing official at this point but it makes sense that there will need to be soon.

BrownstoneNorth 03-15-2021 06:25 PM

HIPAA Privacy rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 352090)
So we just toss out the HIPPA Laws and Privacy rules?

HIPAA's privacy protections are to prevent others from revealing your information without your permission, not to stop you from revealing it to whomever. Americans have been required for generations to show proof of vaccination against various diseases in order to attend school, camp, etc.

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profes...acy/index.html

The HIPAA Privacy Rule

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals' medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The Rule also gives patients rights over their health information, including rights to examine and obtain a copy of their health records, and to request corrections.

thinkxingu 03-17-2021 05:29 AM

I just saw an article that Staples is laminating vaccination cards for free.

Sue Doe-Nym 03-19-2021 08:09 AM

A salute to the vaccine volunteers

We had shot #2 yesterday in Plymouth. The line was enormous, so we thought we would be there for hours....not so....it was so efficient, and the National Guardsmen could not have been more helpful and polite. They were appreciative when we thanked them...very positive experience, and we were out of there in 75 minutes total. Moderna....slightly sore arm, nothing more.

FlyingScot 03-19-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 352403)
We had shot #2 yesterday in Plymouth. The line was enormous, so we thought we would be there for hours....not so....it was so efficient, and the National Guardsmen could not have been more helpful and polite. They were appreciative when we thanked them...very positive experience, and we were out of there in 75 minutes total. Moderna....slightly sore arm, nothing more.

Congrats, Sue! I got my first at Fenway on Monday, and I was shocked how quick and efficient it was. Even with a bit of back and forth during registration, my father in law and I were out the door in less than 40 minutes :)

Biggd 03-19-2021 08:49 AM

My wife and I got our first 2 weeks ago at CVS, we get our second in another week. Both our birthdays are in the middle of April so we should be safe by then. :D
Our 40th anniversary is this June and we were hoping to take a trip so we are planning now that we will be fully vaccinated.
Feeling hopeful for a promising 2021!!

SailinAway 03-19-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 352405)
My wife and I got our first 2 weeks ago at CVS

How did you do that? CVS isn't listed among the vaccination sites.

TheTimeTraveler 03-19-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinAway (Post 352431)

Maybe from another nearby State ?

gillygirl 03-19-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 352432)
Maybe from another nearby State ?

Perhaps Mass house in Waltham. It’s in his bio.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

upthesaukee 03-20-2021 06:35 AM

Woo hoo

Woo hoo. 2nd shot in the books yesterday at Huggins. A little achy today, but not bad.

Kudos to Huggins for an exceptional job of scheduling and then administering the shots.

Dave

Biggd 03-20-2021 07:05 AM

I'm in Ma.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinAway (Post 352431)

radioman 03-20-2021 06:10 PM

vacinations

Cannot say enough about the marvelous job of the vac program offered at Mid-State Medical in Plymouth !!!!Well done to all involved!!

Lakegeezer 03-22-2021 06:23 AM

New batch of appointments

The state opened up the registration app for those over 50's at around 7AM and we got an appointment for this afternoon. Lots of slots available! Early bird gets the needle.

HobieCat'n 03-22-2021 07:58 AM

State and County menus won't populate

I'm trying to register for vaccine this morning as part of Phase 2b. As of 8:45am the front page of the web site says it's down for maintenance and will open at 8 am, and lacks a Register Now button. If you go thru the Do I qualify? button, answer the questions, you then get a register now button. I got all the way thru the process. But when fill in my personal info, I got stuck because the State and County menus won't fill with choices, nor can you type text into them. So still waiting for them to correct this....

8gv 03-22-2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 352522)
The state opened up the registration app for those over 50's at around 7AM and we got an appointment for this afternoon. Lots of slots available! Early bird gets the needle.

Well my wife wanted to sign us up and gave it a shot.

She couldn't get the state and county drop down boxes to work.

She started needling me about it so I tried too.

After an injection of effort on my part I found no cure.

Now it seems that the site is down.

I hope it doesn't have a virus!