Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Vaccinations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26664)

Susie Cougar 01-15-2021 09:07 AM

I believe everyone 65 years old and older in New Hampshire will be able to sign up for the vaccine starting on January 22. Hopefully, within a month everyone should have been vaccinated.

Lakegeezer 01-15-2021 05:03 PM

Maybe by April?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Cougar (Post 349205)
I believe everyone 65 years old and older in New Hampshire will be able to sign up for the vaccine starting on January 22. Hopefully, within a month everyone should have been vaccinated.

This is great news. I listened to some of the Gov's announcement yesterday and he mentioned there will be a web site to sign up for an appointment as of January 22. He also said appointments could be five weeks out. If you add the five to six weeks it takes to get the second dose and build up the immunity, we're talking mid April before the people in this phase are fully protected. Hopefully the signup process, supply and delivery into arms will flow smoothly.

ApS 01-16-2021 06:11 PM

"We're All In This Together"?

Make mine a paper passport...:rolleye2: Maybe a tattoo? :eek2:

Quote:

"A coalition of health and technology organizations are working to develop a digital COVID-19 vaccination passport to allow businesses, airlines and countries to check if people have received the vaccine.

The initiative, which includes members like Microsoft, Oracle and U.S. nonprofit Mayo Clinic, is using the work from member Commons Project’s international digital document..."

thinkxingu 01-17-2021 03:27 AM

For too many, the vaccine was too late. My mother-in-law passed away earlier this morning after testing positive just a few days ago on Wednesday.

For some, there are minimal effects. For many, it's a death sentence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

fatlazyless 01-17-2021 03:49 AM

Holy smokes ...... that's totally terrible! ......so in a time period of five fast days, she went from relatively healthy lungs to lungs unable to inhale and exhale?

Am very sorry for your loss as it must be a very, very difficult time.

thinkxingu 01-17-2021 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 349280)
Holy smokes ...... that's totally terrible! ......so in a time period of five fast days, she went from relatively healthy lungs to lungs unable to inhale and exhale?

Am very sorry for your loss as it must be a very, very difficult time.

What many people are missing about this is the wide range of effects it can have. It appears that cardiac arrest as a result of oxygenation issues is not uncommon and, given the nature of spreading the virus, resuscitation is rarely pursued. Add a DNR and, well, coming back from cardiac arrest is very low.

DEJ 01-17-2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 349279)
For too many, the vaccine was too late. My mother-in-law passed away earlier this morning after testing positive just a few days ago on Wednesday.

Sorry for your loss Think.

Susie Cougar 01-17-2021 05:36 AM

Quote:

I am so very sorry for you, think.

Newbiesaukee 01-17-2021 08:01 AM

My condolences to you and your family,

gillygirl 01-17-2021 08:11 AM

Sorry for your loss, think.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 01-17-2021 09:10 AM

Thanks, friends—I've been very fortunate to not have been affected by the pandemic much beyond my classroom and a few friends who have experienced mostly minor symptoms. This being so close, and so quick, is jarring—with both my parents, I had time to say goodbye and have closure. This went from "I could use some Pedialyte" at 10 AM yesterday to cardiac arrest at 3 AM this morning.

FlyingScot 01-17-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

So sorry for your loss, Think. Thanks for sharing this.

TheTimeTraveler 01-17-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

So sorry for your loss! Covid-19 is a very cruel disease and really shows the need for Vaccine relief all over the world.

mswlogo 01-17-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 349281)
What many people are missing about this is the wide range of effects it can have. It appears that cardiac arrest as a result of oxygenation issues is not uncommon and, given the nature of spreading the virus, resuscitation is rarely pursued. Add a DNR and, well, coming back from cardiac arrest is very low.

Yeah, there are all sorts of problems people have. My Aunt has cardiac issues with COVID too. She had a heart attack and didn't know it, just difficult breathing at night.

Even people that have "Recovered" can also have new chronic issues.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I heard on the radio that India is targeting 300 million vaccinated by July. It will take 2 YEARS to vaccinate their 1.5 billion population. And yes, that's a problem for us because it may mutate over such a long period and the vaccine could be no longer effective.

Sue Doe-Nym 01-17-2021 01:11 PM

Think, that is very sad news about your mother in law...condolences to you and your family.

Descant 01-17-2021 01:29 PM

Condolences

Condolences to you and your family, Thinkxingu. At the same time, we appreciate your sharing some detail so that we all better understand what we're up against.

Sue Doe-Nym 01-17-2021 01:57 PM

Yes, thank you for demonstrating the seriousness of the disease. We are booked on a flight to Florida shortly, and my sensible side says to reschedule until we get the vaccine. Better to freeze our derrières up here than to take the chance in airports, planes, rental cars, over 75, with one lung cancer survivor. To me, it’s a no brainer, but I have to convince my other half that we should postpone.

tis 01-17-2021 02:21 PM

Think, how awful! I am very sorry!

tummyman 01-17-2021 02:23 PM

So, you could make the trip with no issues, or one or both of you could get sick in Florida away from your doctors, or one of you could really get sick in Florida, or one or both of you could end up with an even worse outcome. Agree...no brainer. Stay home, get the shot ASAP. Even after getting the shot, you need the second one and it will probably take 60 days to get full protection. Virus raging in many places, new strains popping up. What about this idea of going to Florida now makes sense? Good luck with grumpy !

LoveLakeLife 01-17-2021 03:17 PM

That’s horrible Think. Sincere condolences from all on here I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Pricestavern 01-17-2021 03:32 PM

Virus

So sorry to hear that, Think. Our thoughts are with you.

We just tested positive for the virus ourselves this week, even after trying to be very careful. We have headaches and fatigue but so far that's about it. We are very, very lucky. Our neighbors are having a more difficult time of it with muscle aches, chest congestion, lack of taste/smell. My uncle died of it in April.

This is no joke people. Please take care of yourselves and please care for those around you.

TheTimeTraveler 01-17-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 349300)
Yes, thank you for demonstrating the seriousness of the disease. We are booked on a flight to Florida shortly, and my sensible side says to reschedule until we get the vaccine. Better to freeze our derrières up here than to take the chance in airports, planes, rental cars, over 75, with one lung cancer survivor. To me, it’s a no brainer, but I have to convince my other half that we should postpone.

I don't think there is any question about rescheduling. Just think of all the various exposure points you'll subject yourselves to on your trip to Florida.....

Don't risk it. Get your Vaccine shots when you can, and plan to take a longer trip next time around. Think of the money you'll save this year!

JEEPONLY 01-18-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 349299)
Condolences to you and your family, Thinkxingu. At the same time, we appreciate your sharing some detail so that we all better understand what we're up against.

Well stated!

Think- condolences to you and your family.

ApS 01-19-2021 06:48 PM

"Distribution" Good. "Administration"...Not So Much...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 349187)
You having to ask is the problem most are having with distribution of the vaccine.

New York is among the worst, but North Dakota has taken the vaccination lead among all the states:
Quote:

"North Dakota has emerged as America's unlikely leader in the battle against COVID-19, leading the nation in the vaccine rollout and battling back from being the worst coronavirus hotspot in the nation with an 80 percent decline in active cases since mid-November.

"Only a little over 14 million Americans have been vaccinated against COVID-19 as of Monday morning, and only about 54 percent of vaccine doses distributed to states have been administered to people, according to data from Bloomberg.

"But while some states like California are floundering, using a meager 37 percent of doses distributed to it, North Dakota is flying through the doses sent to it by the federal government, using 78 percent of its allotted doses and vaccinating just shy of seven percent of its vaccine doses".
—The Daily Mail (excerpt)

Pricestavern 01-20-2021 09:07 AM

2 Million per Day

To rollout the vaccine to 1 million people per day, which would provide the majority of people with the shot by end of September (+/-), they will need to actually inoculate 2 MILLION people per day. If a second shot is needed, then to get a million new people vaccinated, you'll also need to be giving the other 1 million people getting their second shot at the same time as those getting their first.

This is going to be a huge effort. The planning and logistics will be something akin to a major WWII battle requiring huge amounts of state and federal resources.

Fingers crossed!

fatlazyless 01-20-2021 09:37 AM

At the speed of vaccination this country has been going, up to now, the cows ..... http://www.beef2live.com/story-cattl...state-0-114255 ...... will get vaccinated before the humans ........ mmmooooo!

So, just remain calm and wear a good mask, or wear two masks, one under the other.

WinnisquamZ 01-21-2021 03:13 PM

Mass just dropped their stay at home order. Funny how the numbers have declined in just 24 hours. Hopefully, NH does the same this afternoon

gravy boat 01-21-2021 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 349443)
Mass just dropped their stay at home order. Funny how the numbers have declined in just 24 hours. Hopefully, NH does the same this afternoon

Even Cuomo has miraculously had a change of heart... On Jan 11:

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Monday that the state must start reopening its economy despite most New Yorkers not having received a coronavirus vaccination, saying that there will be “nothing left to open” otherwise.

“We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high,” Cuomo wrote in a tweet Monday morning.

“We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely,” the Democratic governor added.

Seaplane Pilot 01-22-2021 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 349443)

Miraculous! And would you believe this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nas...21-01-21%3famp

Who could have ever guessed that this would happen 1 day after inauguration day ...:rolleye2::rolleye2:

Sue Doe-Nym 01-22-2021 08:17 AM

Very frustrating....busy busy busy. We have both been going nuts, trying phone and computer. Absolutely nonsensical....you are not on hold, as advertised, but get a busy signal. We knew this would happen.

Buffalo Gal 01-22-2021 08:28 AM

I registered

It took about 10 minutes of re-loading the page but I was able to get into website. Fairly easy questions. The best part was that it allows you to add a spouse at the same time, which is VERY helpful. No appointment yet, they will notify me by email when we are scheduled. So I still have to wait....

Sue Doe-Nym 01-22-2021 08:57 AM

Help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo Gal (Post 349486)
It took about 10 minutes of re-loading the page but I was able to get into website. Fairly easy questions. The best part was that it allows you to add a spouse at the same time, which is VERY helpful. No appointment yet, they will notify me by email when we are scheduled. So I still have to wait....

BG, what page, exactly? We have been trying and trying....doesn’t accept our info.

GregW11 01-22-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 349489)
BG, what page, exactly? We have been trying and trying....doesn’t accept our info.

I used vaccines.nh.gov successfully. The site struggled for awhile - I’m sure the traffic is immense. There’s a big button right on that page that leads you directly into the registration process.

Buffalo Gal 01-22-2021 09:27 AM

The website is: https://vaccines.nh.gov

Or go to WMUR website and the link is also there. Good luck!

Sue Doe-Nym 01-22-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo Gal (Post 349493)
The website is: https://vaccines.nh.gov

Or go to WMUR website and the link is also there. Good luck!

Thanks! It finally accepted our info. I need to work on “ patience “.

upthesaukee 01-22-2021 09:46 AM

Only complaint

Our only complaint was entering our DOB. When you click on the box, it brings up a Jan 2021 page. At least on my Samsung tablet and my wife's iPad, we then had to scroll back through up to almost 75 years of months to get to our respective month and year page(less for my bride and I'm sworn to secrecy on that) . Sure would be easier to have the box with "xx/xx/xxxx" to where you can type in the numbers.

Other than that, so far so good. We will wait a time with patience to see how the rest of the process works.

Dave

tummyman 01-22-2021 09:48 AM

We also got on but had trouble at 8am exactly. Suspect the site went "live" a little late. One thing that might really help the process is if they could also provide online the form that you need to fill out at the vaccine site. People could prefill it out at home and bring it. Might really help to speed things up.

After we got registered, message said they would get back to us in 3-5 days.

bobkatfly 01-22-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 349495)
Our only complaint was entering our DOB. When you click on the box, it brings up a Jan 2021 page. At least on my Samsung tablet and my wife's iPad, we then had to scroll back through up to almost 75 years of months to get to our respective month and year page(less for my bride and I'm sworn to secrecy on that) . Sure would be easier to have the box with "xx/xx/xxxx" to where you can type in the numbers.

Other than that, so far so good. We will wait a time with patience to see how the rest of the process works.

Dave

I was on at 8:00 with an Android tab running off a cell hotspot. Couldn't get past the reCaptcha although I got a green check mark on it. Kept getting the message "verification expired" I also had a hard time with DOB. Started scrolling back 21 years (yeah, right) when I stopped and realized you can just click in the date field and enter you DOB. Anyway, gave up on that and went to my laptop running off the same hotspot and had no problem. Go figure.

bobkatfly 01-22-2021 12:40 PM

Vaccination locations

Anyone know where the closest location is around the lake? I think I read somewhere that Tamworth, near the DMV off rt16 is the closest.

Edit. Found this. https://www.governor.nh.gov/news-and...care-providers

Looks like Laconia, Plymouth and Tamworth unless other sites open.

winniplayhouse 01-22-2021 02:29 PM

Congrats to everyone who registered this morning! How wonderful! Keep those of us not yet eligible updated on how the process goes for you.