Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Vaccinations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26664)

ApS 07-29-2021 06:03 PM

From "Tin Foil" Territory...

My first point:

Quote:

The vaccinated can still spread the virus.
Answer:

Quote:

Top health officials Anthony S. Fauci and Rochelle Walensky said July 28 that vaccinated individuals should wear masks indoors, per new CDC guidance .
Source:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...dance-indoors/

John Mercier 07-29-2021 06:24 PM

Since the vaccines have never claimed to be 100% effective, we know that the vaccinated can get the virus. And if they can get the virus, then they can spread the virus.

That isn't news.

TheTimeTraveler 07-29-2021 07:50 PM

Bottom Line? Covid is in fact still with us. No one knows if or when it will die out.

In 1920, the Spanish Flue just died out and forever disappeared. We should be so lucky that this will occur in 2021 or 2022 with the current Covid.

John Mercier 07-29-2021 08:36 PM

https://www.history.com/news/1918-fl...ic-never-ended

It simply mutated.

Covid could be with us forever, but only killing a fraction of the Americans each year that it has during its initial introduction.

VitaBene 07-29-2021 10:51 PM

Nothing?

crickets...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth (Post 359410)
Must have been the third shot that fried his brain.

ApS:

July 22, 2021: “I got the Moderna back in January and Feb.”

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...140#post359140

June 25, 2021: “As to the inoculation, I had the Johnson & Johnson one-shot maybe a month ago: no difference in my daily life.”

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...629#post357629

Lakegeezer 07-30-2021 05:39 AM

New news will continue

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mercier (Post 359582)
Since the vaccines have never claimed to be 100% effective, we know that the vaccinated can get the virus. And if they can get the virus, then they can spread the virus.

That isn't news.

The news is that when a small percentage of vaccinated people catch it, new data suggests that they can shed viral elements at a similar volume to the unvaccinated with Covid. A few weeks ago, it was thought that vaccine immunity would reduce the spewed load to a non-contagious level. Now, not so much. Maybe the Delta variant made the difference, but the new recommendation is based on new data and analysis. That's how science works. Learn as you go.

So, as I see it, the request is for vaccinated people to take care not to infect the unvaccinated. People have many reasons not to vaccinate. Most are based on flawed logic but some are valid. In the lakes region, and NH in general, the rate of vaccinations is good and one would hope that those with reasons not to get the jab are taking extra precautions or accept the relatively low risk of hospitalization or dying. Until the businesses start requiring masks again, which is doubtful, that "look" is unlikely to come back into style in the short term. The vaccinated people care about spreading it to the unvaccinated, but not that much.

We aren't out of the woods yet and not even the scientists know what will happen this winter. Some scenarios are worse than others. Change is hard and since many aren't agile enough to bob and weave as the nature of the pandemic runs its course, even the protected have to stay vigilant.

FlyingScot 07-30-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 359607)

So, as I see it, the request is for vaccinated people to take care not to infect the unvaccinated. People have many reasons not to vaccinate. Most are based on flawed logic but some are valid. In the lakes region, and NH in general, the rate of vaccinations is good and one would hope that those with reasons not to get the jab are taking extra precautions or accept the relatively low risk of hospitalization or dying.

I think you're too kind. It is a VERY small number of people who have genuine religious or healthcare issues with the vaccines. On religion--Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims--all are good to go. Doesn't that leave us at less than 1%? On healthcare--I'm not sure I've seen even one case of a person for whom the vax would be unsafe; I know of only two individual cases where the vax is unlikely to be effective, both are people with exceedingly rare conditions. So I'm thinking well under 5% of the population has a valid reason for avoiding vaccination.

I've lost patience for those who refuse to protect themselves and others

Newbiesaukee 07-30-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 359621)
I think you're too kind. It is a VERY small number of people who have genuine religious or healthcare issues with the vaccines. On religion--Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Muslims--all are good to go. Doesn't that leave us at less than 1%? On healthcare--I'm not sure I've seen even one case of a person for whom the vax would be unsafe; I know of only two individual cases where the vax is unlikely to be effective, both are people with exceedingly rare conditions. So I'm thinking well under 5% of the population has a valid reason for avoiding vaccination.

I've lost patience for those who refuse to protect themselves and others

I basically agree with both of you as my posts show. Although very rare, anyone with a serious allergic reaction to vaccines, might not be a good candidate. And just to be a snot…anyone with an anaphylactic reaction to a first shot, should not complete the series.

But, basically, there are millions of people who could (and should) get vaccinated and mitigate this mess and who choose not to.

WinnisquamZ 07-30-2021 09:46 AM

https://whdh.com/news/91-vaccinated-...-surpass-6000/

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Newbiesaukee 07-30-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 359638)

Wow...good news. According to your reference, there are approximately 4.2 million fully vaccinated in MA and a breakthough rate of .15%. That's fantastic.

And the Covid deaths in the fully vaccinated again support the efficacy of the vaccines.

Or is there something I have missed in your reference?

FlyingScot 07-30-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 359627)
I basically agree with both of you as my posts show. Although very rare, anyone with a serious allergic reaction to vaccines, might not be a good candidate. And just to be a snot…anyone with an anaphylactic reaction to a first shot, should not complete the series.

But, basically, there are millions of people who could (and should) get vaccinated and mitigate this mess and who choose not to.

I have a friend with a severe nut allergy--as in, peanuts could kill her. After consulting with doctors, etc. they gave her the vaccine with extended supervision. That is not not say every person with allergies is OK. But it is to say that many with severe allergies can be vaccinated safely.

Each person with allergies should consult their doctor, then decide

WinnisquamZ 07-30-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee (Post 359641)
Wow...good news. According to your reference, there are approximately 4.2 million fully vaccinated in MA and a breakthough rate of .15%. That's fantastic.

And the Covid deaths in the fully vaccinated again support the efficacy of the vaccines.

Or is there something I have missed in your reference?

Your comment is a clear indication we are moving forward. Less then two years ago one death from this virus was too many. Now, as people are dying with and without the vaccine you talk % rates and breakthrough. Be safe

Newbiesaukee 07-30-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 359647)
Your comment is a clear indication we are moving forward. Less then two years ago one death from this virus was too many. Now, as people are dying with and without the vaccine you talk % rates and breakthrough. Be safe

Actually, one death from the virus IS still too many. That philosophy does not, in the least, suggest an unreality on anyone’s part.

ApS 07-30-2021 08:32 PM

Not Disinformation...

My second point—also disputed:

Quote:

"Today's 'break-throughs' are milder in effects".
Answer:

Quote:

Post-vaccination infections, or breakthroughs, might occasionally turn symptomatic, but they aren’t shameful or aberrant. They also aren’t proof that the shots are failing. These cases are, on average, gentler and less symptomatic; faster-resolving, with less virus lingering—and, it appears, less likely to pass the pathogen on.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...t-to-know.html

trfour 07-31-2021 12:49 PM

Not Over

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nated-n1275210

thinkxingu 07-31-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfour (Post 359718)

EXACTLY how I feel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

trfour 07-31-2021 02:09 PM

Some of US know The Truth...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

gillygirl 07-31-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 359726)
EXACTLY how I feel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Me as well. One of my biggest disappointments is that I still won’t be able to go in to the vet with my dog. He had a large, cancerous mass removed in April, and it was difficult having to confer with the vet from my car.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

trfour 07-31-2021 04:48 PM

Back to School?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...?ocid=msedgntp

John Mercier 07-31-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 359607)
The news is that when a small percentage of vaccinated people catch it, new data suggests that they can shed viral elements at a similar volume to the unvaccinated with Covid. A few weeks ago, it was thought that vaccine immunity would reduce the spewed load to a non-contagious level. Now, not so much. Maybe the Delta variant made the difference, but the new recommendation is based on new data and analysis. That's how science works. Learn as you go.

So, as I see it, the request is for vaccinated people to take care not to infect the unvaccinated. People have many reasons not to vaccinate. Most are based on flawed logic but some are valid. In the lakes region, and NH in general, the rate of vaccinations is good and one would hope that those with reasons not to get the jab are taking extra precautions or accept the relatively low risk of hospitalization or dying. Until the businesses start requiring masks again, which is doubtful, that "look" is unlikely to come back into style in the short term. The vaccinated people care about spreading it to the unvaccinated, but not that much.

We aren't out of the woods yet and not even the scientists know what will happen this winter. Some scenarios are worse than others. Change is hard and since many aren't agile enough to bob and weave as the nature of the pandemic runs its course, even the protected have to stay vigilant.

The Lakes Region is actually low when taken into full consideration. It is one of the reasons that Belknap County is the only ''dark'' county on the map. As for the ''masking requirements'', business currently has much bigger issues.

So part of our policy changes will include reduction of contact between various parties.

trfour 08-01-2021 06:11 PM

WE, can make a difference

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/op...?ocid=msedgntp

trfour 08-01-2021 08:02 PM

Side note

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...?ocid=msedgntp

ApS 08-02-2021 04:44 AM

Fat or Old...Get the Shot...

Facts as we know them:

ME: CDC, should I get vaccinated if I already had Covid?

CDC: “Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”

ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does vaccine-induced immunity last?

ANSWER: “There is still a lot we are learning about COVID-19 vaccines and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are vaccinated.”

QUESTION: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the vaccine was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long vaccine immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the vaccine immunity better than my natural immunity?

CDC: …

QUESTION: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?

CDC: Yes.

NEWYORKTIMES: “Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.”

ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than vaccine immunity?

CDC: Possibly. You never know.

ME: Okay. If I get the vaccine, does that mean I won’t get sick?

BRITAIN: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are vaccinated people.

ME: CDC, is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.S. catching Covid after getting the jab?

CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports of breakthroughs but aren’t out there looking for them.

ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been vaccinated? You only track the UN-vaccinated Covid cases?

CDC: That’s right.

ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the vaccine, how is it helping me?

CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.

ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.

CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”

ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?

CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.

ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the vaccine, is there any reason I should get it?

CDC: Yes, for the collective.

ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting vaccinated?

CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.

ME: Can a vaccinated person spread the virus to someone else?

ME: So if I get vaccinated, I could still spread the virus to someone else?

ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get vaccinated was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the vaccine?

CDC: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unvaccinated, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the vaccine’s protection, putting all vaccinated people at risk.

ME: So the vaccine stops the virus from mutating?

CDC: No.

ME: So it can still mutate in vaccinated people?

ME: This seems confusing. If the vaccine doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting vaccinated help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the vaccine?

CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unvaccinated, you pose a threat to vaccinated people.

ME: But what KIND of threat??

CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.

ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the vaccine doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying vaccinated people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the vaccine just by running into an unvaccinated person! Which is it??

CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.

ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get vaccinated, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long vaccine immunity lasts. And I should get the vaccine to keep a vaccinated person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the vaccine, I can give it to the vaccinated person anyways. And, the other vaccinated person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?

ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?

WinnisquamZ 08-02-2021 05:25 AM

Well written, you deserve a second cup of coffee

Seaplane Pilot 08-02-2021 06:03 AM

I have more faith in the US Postal Service than the CDC to provide better information about Corona. CDC are the epitome of incompetence. In addition, when the “Administration” stops letting thousands of sick and unvaccinated illegal aliens into this country, then maybe “vaccinate hesitancy” may decrease. Until then, the hypocrisy is front and center (but this should come as no surprise).

Lakegeezer 08-02-2021 06:35 AM

Please keep political narratives out of this forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 359825)
I have more faith in the US Postal Service than the CDC to provide better information about Corona. CDC are the epitome of incompetence. In addition, when the “Administration” stops letting thousands of sick and unvaccinated illegal aliens into this country, then maybe “vaccinate hesitancy” may decrease. Until then, the hypocrisy is front and center (but this should come as no surprise).

There is a lot of political issues with this parroted faux narrative but from a lakes region point of view, it is unlikely that the flood of people sneaking across the Canadian border are sick and unvaccinated. For the majority that aren't, they can easily get vaccinated, documented or not, helping to protect themselves and the recalcitrant. The potential of undocumented immigrants with Covid isn't a high risk to the protected anyway, so what's the big deal?

Seaplane Pilot 08-02-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 359828)
There is a lot of political issues with this parroted faux narrative but from a lakes region point of view, it is unlikely that the flood of people sneaking across the Canadian border are sick and unvaccinated. For the majority that aren't, they can easily get vaccinated, documented or not, helping to protect themselves and the recalcitrant. The potential of undocumented immigrants with Covid isn't a high risk to the protected anyway, so what's the big deal?

Faux narrative? https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gove...ve-order-ga-37

Biggd 08-02-2021 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 359825)

You would think that more people would want to get vaccinated to protect themselves from all these unvaccinated illegal aliens you say are coming into the country?
Maybe if we named the vaccines "The Trump Vaccines" it would reduce "vaccinate hesitancy"?

SailinAway 08-02-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth (Post 359410)

ApS:

July 22, 2021: “I got the Moderna back in January and Feb.”

Pretty sure he only showed up at the National Guard site because he heard Madonna was going to be there.

FlyingScot 08-02-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 359821)
Facts as we know them:

More "Facts as we know them":

A person's expected health and life expectancy, and that of their loved ones, are much better if you get a shot.

ApS posts on the vaccine are full of misdirection, misinformation, and outright falsehoods

Seaplane Pilot 08-02-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 359833)
You would think that more people would want to get vaccinated to protect themselves from all these unvaccinated illegal aliens you say are coming into the country?
Maybe if we named the vaccines "The Trump Vaccines" it would reduce "vaccinate hesitancy"?

Makes no sense. They were the "Trump Vaccines" to begin with, so anyone that wanted one had ample opportunity to receive one when Trump was in office. I'm not the one saying that unvaccinated illegals are coming into the country. On the contrary, it's the State of Texas that's saying it as per the official letter that they sent to the Attorney General of the United States. My point is that, on the one hand, there is a major push on American citizens to get this vaccine, but there is little to no push on illegal aliens to get the vaccine. Just shining a light on the hypocrisy. If it were really such a problem, then one would think that masks, testing and vaccines would be mandatory for the thousands that are migrating across the southern border.

FlyingScot 08-02-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 359843)
Makes no sense. They were the "Trump Vaccines" to begin with, so anyone that wanted one had ample opportunity to receive one when Trump was in office. I'm not the one saying that unvaccinated illegals are coming into the country. On the contrary, it's the State of Texas that's saying it as per the official letter that they sent to the Attorney General of the United States. My point is that, on the one hand, there is a major push on American citizens to get this vaccine, but there is little to no push on illegal aliens to get the vaccine. Just shining a light on the hypocrisy. If it were really such a problem, then one would think that masks, testing and vaccines would be mandatory for the thousands that are migrating across the southern border.

It's amazing the way you inject politics and completely ignore/change history.

The vaccines were not available to most adults until March or April of 2021. (Trump was gone by then--remember?)

Biden and Co have been doing everything they can to get them into anyone who will take one. This is in the face of a huge number of Republicans doing things which will slow acceptance (Open any news source you'd like.)

Seaplane Pilot 08-02-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 359845)
It's amazing the way you inject politics and completely ignore/change history.

The vaccines were not available to most adults until March or April of 2021. (Trump was gone by then--remember?)

Biden and Co have been doing everything they can to get them into anyone who will take one. This is in the face of a huge number of Republicans doing things which will slow acceptance (Open any news source you'd like.)

Who is injecting politics? That's an invalid accusation. And you make a good point when you say "....get them into anyone that will take one." Let's keep it that way, and knock it off with the trial balloons about mandatory vaccines for those that don't want it - no matter what the reason.

Biggd 08-02-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 359843)

One has nothing to do with the other. That's just political posturing.
If all US citizens get vaccinated we don't have to worry about catching it from unvaccinated illegals.
There's a far greater number of unvaccinated Americans than illegals crossing the boarder. It's like "what comes first, the chicken or the egg"?

Seaplane Pilot 08-02-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 359854)
One has nothing to do with the other. That's just political posturing.

Uh, ok....if you say so.....:rolleye1:

FlyingScot 08-02-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 359847)
Who is injecting politics? That's an invalid accusation. And you make a good point when you say "....get them into anyone that will take one." Let's keep it that way, and knock it off with the trial balloons about mandatory vaccines for those that don't want it - no matter what the reason.

When you write, "Trump Vaccine"..."Texas"..."illegal aliens"--all with no real relevance to the issue at hand--and then criticize Biden policies, then you are injecting politics.

I'm surprised that you cannot see that. Maybe it's too much exposure to some very cynical politicians who seem to be making a brand out of vaccine resistance?

trfour 08-02-2021 01:59 PM

August 2021 Covid-19 Warning

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fauc...ry?id=79192069

Biggd 08-02-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 359868)
When you write, "Trump Vaccine"..."Texas"..."illegal aliens"--all with no real relevance to the issue at hand--and then criticize Biden policies, then you are injecting politics.

I'm surprised that you cannot see that. Maybe it's too much exposure to some very cynical politicians who seem to be making a brand out of vaccine resistance?

To be fair I mentioned "The Trump Vaccines" first in the hope that if we named them after him then maybe all his followers would get the vaccine.
I would give him ALL the credit if he would convince everyone that listens to him to get vaccinated.
I don't really care who gets credit as long as we put an end to this!

TKD 08-02-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 359873)
To be fair I mentioned "The Trump Vaccines" first in the hope that if we named them after him then maybe all his followers would get the vaccine.
I would give him ALL the credit if he would convince everyone that listens to him to get vaccinated.
I don't really care who gets credit as long as we put an end to this!

By end to this, I hope you mean this impossibly long thread

Newbiesaukee 08-02-2021 04:57 PM

As I understand it, no one is compelled to read this “impossibly long thread.”