Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Vaccinations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26664)

trfour 07-15-2021 08:37 PM

Too Late??

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...-lost-n1274119

trfour 07-16-2021 06:15 AM

Far from Over

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-lung-n1274102

trfour 07-16-2021 12:39 PM

WORNING- from CDC

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...nated-n1274161

Mr. V 07-19-2021 03:16 PM

It's time for a national mandate that ALL Americans get vaccinated.

"Live free and Die" should no longer be an option.

trfour 07-20-2021 12:50 PM

Who's to blame?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ealth-n1274288 :(

trfour 07-26-2021 01:23 PM

Fact check=Truth....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-says-n1274984

TheTimeTraveler 07-26-2021 08:22 PM

If folks haven't procured the Vaccine by now then they have no one to blame except themselves....

ApS 07-27-2021 05:08 AM

Don't Let Fear Overwhelm Reason...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 358968)
It's time for a national mandate that ALL Americans get vaccinated.
"Live free and Die" should no longer be an option.

The "vaccinated" can still infect others.

Today's "break-throughs" are milder in effects.

The "Delta" variant, though highly transmissible, is killing many fewer people.

Newly vaccinated people are reportedly dying of vaccinations' after-effects. :(

European researchers report the presence of graphene oxide in vaccinations, and have alerted their peers in the western hemisphere.

Pushing vaccinations on the least-affected age groups may ultimately prove harmful to them.

Six Yankees test positive, while one million of the world's "impoverished" will cross our borders this year. I may have used up my "Stupid" allotment. :rolleye2:

Those unvaccinated--who contracted the Wuhan Flu--have the best immunity going. :cool:

thinkxingu 07-27-2021 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 359351)

European researchers report the presence of graphene oxide in vaccinations, and have alerted their peers in the western hemisphere.

Pushing vaccinations on the least-affected age groups may ultimately prove harmful to them.

Those unvaccinated--who contracted the Wuhan Flu--have the best immunity going. :cool:

Why don't you ever post your "sources"? At this point, you're a tinfoil-hat-wearing-conspiracy-theorist who either can't research or purposefully manipulates information to support your narrative.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2OZ14F

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21DB

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FlyingScot 07-27-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 359351)

Six Yankees test positive, while one million of the world's "impoverished" will cross our borders this year. I may have used up my "Stupid" allotment. :rolleye2:

It's really bizarre, pitiful, and dangerous that you keep doing this. Everyone who has any understanding of health or statistics, and is not paranoid, understands that the vaccine will make them and their families much safer.

John Mercier 07-27-2021 09:43 AM

So let Aps et al get sick and maybe die... Darwinism works.

NH is a case study in Darwinism. Even those that survive to old age experience it when their savings run out.

Newbiesaukee 07-27-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mercier (Post 359381)
So let Aps et al get sick and maybe die... Darwinism works.

NH is a case study in Darwinism. Even those that survive to old age experience it when their savings run out.

I don’t want that for APS. Just wish better references and more critical thinking.

Totally off-topic and I guess you are using “Darwinism” figuratively; but there is new research on genetics suggesting it is not quite so “simple” as Darwin postulated.

John Mercier 07-27-2021 11:19 AM

It is figuratively.
Since most will pass on their genes to the next generation long before they die.

Most are going to find that business in the local area will begin to act once again in their own interests. Anything outside what is considered the ''norm'' will not only suffer disdain, but be restricted.

VitaBene 07-27-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 359352)
you're a tinfoil-hat-wearing-conspiracy-theorist who either can't research or purposefully manipulates information to support your narrative.

HAHA, you are just figuring this out!!

BrownstoneNorth 07-27-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Why don't you ever post your "sources"? At this point, you're a tinfoil-hat-wearing-conspiracy-theorist who either can't research or purposefully manipulates information to support your narrative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 359399)
HAHA, you are just figuring this out!!

Must have been the third shot that fried his brain.

ApS:

July 22, 2021: “I got the Moderna back in January and Feb.”

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...140#post359140

June 25, 2021: “As to the inoculation, I had the Johnson & Johnson one-shot maybe a month ago: no difference in my daily life.”

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...629#post357629

ApS 07-27-2021 09:24 PM

It's the MSM Against Americans...

There was no "third shot". That reference was a joke-thread of member TiltonBB—"To lighten the moment".

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 359366)
It's really bizarre, pitiful, and dangerous that you keep doing this. Everyone who has any understanding of health or statistics, and is not paranoid, understands that the vaccine will make them and their families much safer.

Those points will stand up to scrutiny outside of what Americans see on TV.

Name one that's "bizarre, pitiful, and dangerous", and we'll examine it for the forum.

Quote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2OZ14F

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21DB

Hardly tinfoil: Most of my written sources originate in Britain. (One, via Skype, originated from a Spanish University professor to a Spanish-speaking Medical Doctor).

So, who to believe? Government's Facebook beliefs or a University professor's beliefs? :rolleye2:

(Britain is about two weeks ahead of the US in Covid variants).

Remember this "sage advice"?
Quote:

"Unfortunately, science today is too influenced by politics. The ideal of a scientist is an objective, ‘disinterested’ observer. If one holds strong emotional positions on a topic, then it is all too easy to have conclusions, and even observations, colored by those viewpoints".
Are you not concerned that your own Reuters fact-check mentions that Reuters' findings placed at Facebook were "flagged for removal"?

Or that findings deemed "misinformation" are flagged from a government to a private business, (Facebook), for deletion?

Thinkx can give the above a fearful name... :eek2:

John Mercier 07-27-2021 10:08 PM

Facebook is not a ''news'' site.
Many of the other things you are reading are not either.

They are covered under certain laws from being sued for information posted on their sites.

Since the vaccines where never claimed to be 100% effective, even against the original strain, everyone expected ''breakthroughs''.

We have five sales people test positive for the virus and needed quarantine. No one died, no one even really needed to be hospitalized (though one didn't look so good). But you know what we did learn from that round... it is really hard to do any business when a salesperson is out.

There were quotes and orders on individual computers that at first, they suspected that I could not get to. All my time instead of serving new customers was spent trying to work through their systems.

It isn't something that we will be going through again.

VitaBene 07-28-2021 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownstoneNorth (Post 359410)
Must have been the third shot that fried his brain.

ApS:

July 22, 2021: “I got the Moderna back in January and Feb.”

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...140#post359140

June 25, 2021: “As to the inoculation, I had the Johnson & Johnson one-shot maybe a month ago: no difference in my daily life.”

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...629#post357629

That's great!!

thinkxingu 07-28-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 359439)
There was no "third shot". That reference was a joke-thread of member TiltonBB—"To lighten the moment".

Those points will stand up to scrutiny outside of what Americans see on TV.

Name one that's "bizarre, pitiful, and dangerous", and we'll examine it for the forum.

Hardly tinfoil: Most of my written sources originate in Britain. (One, via Skype, originated from a Spanish University professor to a Spanish-speaking Medical Doctor).

So, who to believe? Government's Facebook beliefs or a University professor's beliefs? :rolleye2:

(Britain is about two weeks ahead of the US in Covid variants).

Remember this "sage advice"?

Are you not concerned that your own Reuters fact-check mentions that Reuters' findings placed at Facebook were "flagged for removal"?

Or that findings deemed "misinformation" are flagged from a government to a private business, (Facebook), for deletion?

Thinkx can give the above a fearful name... :eek2:

What you refer to are posts that are flagged for misinformation and/or lack of context. The specific example in that piece revolves around numbers of deaths and how people have been posting incorrect numbers AND those with unclear causation.

"The screenshot only shows the headline and the text: “The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed an increased number of deaths reported after a COVID-19 vaccination. Between December 14, 2020, through July 19, 2021, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) received 12,313 reports of death among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.”

The next paragraph in the article, which is not visible in the screenshots, shows an update that the CDC modified the number of 12,313 deaths to 6,079. The next paragraph shows a second update that says the CDC modified the number to 6,207.

However, the headline of the article has not been updated to show the correct number as of publishing. It also did not disclose in the headline that the number is sourced from VAERS reports, which do not provide definitive data on COVID-19 vaccine related fatalities.

In a July 21, 2021 page update, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said it had received 6,207 reports of people who had died after receiving a COVID vaccine between Dec. 14, 2020 and July 19, 2021 (here ). But that came with clear caveats. On the same page, it says: “FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.”

FlyingScot 07-28-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mercier (Post 359442)

We have five sales people test positive for the virus and needed quarantine. No one died, no one even really needed to be hospitalized (though one didn't look so good). But you know what we did learn from that round... it is really hard to do any business when a salesperson is out.

Fortunately, we have 100% vaccinated at my company. We are hiring a significant number of new people this fall, and are going to require all to be vaxxed. It's a two-fold decision for us. First, we feel a responsibility to have a safe work environment. Second, it would be extraordinarily expensive if we had a breakout.

WinnisquamZ 07-28-2021 01:35 PM

The teachers unions are asking for masks to be worn by all his coming year, but refused to mandate all teachers be vaccinated before the school year begins. Can someone explain this stance?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 07-28-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 359500)
The teachers unions are asking for masks to be worn by all his coming year, but refused to mandate all teachers be vaccinated before the school year begins. Can someone explain this stance? Is it a local/NH thing?

Can you share the article or more information on this? I know Charlie Baker, and MA DESE, are holding tight to no masks upon return, and I've not heard anything otherwise from AFT/MTA, etc.

Garcia 07-28-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 359500)
The teachers unions are asking for masks to be worn by all his coming year, but refused to mandate all teachers be vaccinated before the school year begins. Can someone explain this stance?

There is little logic - and yes, I work in a school. I would love to see schools require vaccinations for those eligible. I can get behind religious exemptions (and of course medical), but not philosophical ones.

Schools need to be fully open. If there is a medical reason to be remote, fine. If you don't have a medical reason and don't want to send your child to school, there are many homeschool options available.

WinnisquamZ 07-28-2021 01:48 PM

Yes, this is MA.

Garcia 07-28-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 359501)
Can you share the article or more information on this? I know Charlie Baker, and MA DESE, are holding tight to no masks upon return, and I've not heard anything otherwise from AFT/MTA, etc.

“The Massachusetts Teachers Association continues to fully support the safe return to in-person learning in our schools — and the guidance issued today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concerning indoor masking advances that goal. The CDC guidance, following a similar recommendation by the American Academy of Pediatrics, makes clear that the safest way to implement in-person learning and to keep students, educators and communities healthy and safe is to have all students and staff wear face masks regardless of vaccination status.”

MERRIE NAJIMY | PRESIDENT, MASSACHUSETTS TEACHERS ASSOCIATION

WinnisquamZ 07-28-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia (Post 359504)
“The Massachusetts Teachers Association continues to fully support the safe return to in-person learning in our schools — and the guidance issued today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention concerning indoor masking advances that goal. The CDC guidance, following a similar recommendation by the American Academy of Pediatrics, makes clear that the safest way to implement in-person learning and to keep students, educators and communities healthy and safe is to have all students and staff wear face masks regardless of vaccination status.”

MERRIE NAJIMY | PRESIDENT, MASSACHUSETTS TEACHERS ASSOCIATION

Thank you, was just about to cut and paste

FlyingScot 07-28-2021 02:13 PM

Some unions are completely out to lunch on this, but some are on board. The NYC employees' unions are making a squawk about recently announced vax requirements. Unions in California have supported their Governor's push for vaccines. My sense is that unions are like other groups--some of their leaders just need time to understand the operational details, and some are narrow-minded idiots.

BTW...religious exemptions...for which religions? Seriously, and not to stigmatize, but are any of you aware of any religion that prohibits vaccination?

gillygirl 07-28-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 359511)
Some unions are completely out to lunch on this, but some are on board. The NYC employees' unions are making a squawk about recently announced vax requirements. Unions in California have supported their Governor's push for vaccines. My sense is that unions are like other groups--some of their leaders just need time to understand the operational details, and some are narrow-minded idiots.

BTW...religious exemptions...for which religions? Seriously, and not to stigmatize, but are any of you aware of any religion that prohibits vaccination?

Many Christian Scientists prefer not to get vaccines. They will if required by law. The church lets members decide for themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

FlyingScot 07-28-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 359518)
Many Christian Scientists prefer not to get vaccines. They will if required by law. The church lets members decide for themselves.

Understood--I checked this before I sent my last message. But since the church has been clear that vaccines are allowed, I do not understand how a Christian Scientist can say their religion prohibits vaccines. Wouldn't that be similar to a Catholic asserting they cannot eat meat on Friday, or a Jewish person asserting they are vegetarian?

Even if we call Christian Scientists a "maybe", it's a VERY short list of people that practice a faith that prohibits vaccines. I cannot think of one.

WinnisquamZ 07-28-2021 06:14 PM

https://wmur.com/article/new-hampshi...nties/37160182
After all this back and forth it does appear every other person in NH is vaccinated

John Mercier 07-28-2021 06:43 PM

Not really.
The lakes region has some pockets of low vaccination rates.

Barnstead, Belmont, Franklin, Northfield, and Plymouth are all at less than 50%
Center Harbor, Holderness, and Wolfeboro are all in the 70%+ category.

That will also very among pockets/cliques within each town.

TheTimeTraveler 07-28-2021 07:10 PM

The vaccination rates appear to be higher among those that have a higher level of education. Not saying that education has anything to do with it but just look at how low the rates are in some of our lower income states, i.e. Louisiana, Alabama, etc.

Right now the Delta Variant is raising heck in many areas that have had a lower rate of vaccinations.

Lets' hope things will get back under control so that no one else needs to be hospitalized or lose their life.

FlyingScot 07-28-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 359529)
The vaccination rates appear to be higher among those that have a higher level of education. Not saying that education has anything to do with it but just look at how low the rates are in some of our lower income states, i.e. Louisiana, Alabama, etc.

Right now the Delta Variant is raising heck in many areas that have had a lower rate of vaccinations.

Lets' hope things will get back under control so that no one else needs to be hospitalized or lose their life.

I will also be politically correct and not say that education has anything to do with it....But even in very high vaccination states such as Mass, it is less educated people who are still not vaccinated.

WinnisquamZ 07-28-2021 07:39 PM

“Less educated” one could say open minded and willing to listen and think for themselves.
The USPS Union just put out a statement on mandatory vaccines
“No”

thinkxingu 07-28-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 359531)
“Less educated” one could say open minded and willing to listen and think for themselves.
The USPS Union just put out a statement on mandatory vaccines
“No”

"Think for themselves." The fundamental problem in America these days: people who think all opinions have value rather than accepting that some people's—experts—are worth more.

While talking to someone yesterday, he said he wasn't going to get the vaccine because "the scientists can't even get things right—they keep changing their advice."

I had to explain that that—updating one's understandings as a result of more data—is "science."

FlyingScot 07-28-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 359531)
“Less educated” one could say open minded

No, those are too different things. There are open and closed minded people at all levels of education.

Part of a good education is understanding how to absorb data, science, conflicting opinions, etc. I am not saying you or any other specific person lacks those skills. But I think it's pretty clear that many of the people who have not been vaccinated have struggled with all of the information presented in different ways.

gillygirl 07-28-2021 10:09 PM

Vaccinations

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 359522)
Understood--I checked this before I sent my last message. But since the church has been clear that vaccines are allowed, I do not understand how a Christian Scientist can say their religion prohibits vaccines. Wouldn't that be similar to a Catholic asserting they cannot eat meat on Friday, or a Jewish person asserting they are vegetarian?

Even if we call Christian Scientists a "maybe", it's a VERY short list of people that practice a faith that prohibits vaccines. I cannot think of one.

But the government and employers don’t mandate what Catholics or Jews eat. Not really a good analogy. From what I’ve read, the Christian Science hierarchy would like to say no, but realize their members are a part of a larger society and therefore won’t enforce a no vaccine ordinance. That doesn’t mean a specific member can’t say they are strict adherents to the doctrine and so claim religious exemption.

I think you’re defining religion too tightly. There was a court case in 2012 in Ohio where a district court decided veganism, in some cases, constitutes a religious belief. Non-theistic moral codes can apply as well.

FlyingScot 07-29-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 359549)
But the government and employers don’t mandate what Catholics or Jews eat. Not really a good analogy. From what I’ve read, the Christian Science hierarchy would like to say no, but realize their members are a part of a larger society and therefore won’t enforce a no vaccine ordinance. That doesn’t mean a specific member can’t say they are strict adherents to the doctrine and so claim religious exemption.

I think you’re defining religion too tightly. There was a court case in 2012 in Ohio where a district court decided veganism, in some cases, constitutes a religious belief. Non-theistic moral codes can apply as well.

Thanks, GG--you inspired me to look more closely. I see from the link below that as you say, my definition is too tight. An individual can hold unique views, unsupported by any organized church, that would be deemed religious, as long as they are "sincerely held" and on "ultimate" issues.

But the employee may need to sue to enforce, and then prove the two criteria. On veganism, it looks like a Seventh-day Adventist is easily covered, as is a person who has made up their own religion that includes veganism. But a person who simply says eating meat is cruel so it is against my religion, would have to prove the "ultimate" part. Similarly, someone who worships their own Sun God with a prominent tattoo is protected, but someone who insists on displaying their Springsteen tattoo because he is their "Rock and Roll God" would have to make a case that their thoughts and practices around life and death, etc actually did revolve around The Boss. (...Wait...I may be covered!...)

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/s...21610748647076

Newbiesaukee 07-29-2021 01:52 PM

It is ironic that the newest CDC mask guidance suggests that those vaccinated should go back to masking indoors under certain circumstances.

The rationale is that new evidence, which is still preliminary, suggests that vaccinated, asymptomatic individuals may still carry large amounts of the virus, presumably the delta variant, and transmit it more easily to the unvaccinated who then may develop Covid 19.

So, as a result of the delta variant, which still very rarely causes serious disease in the vaccinated, those who have been vaccinated are to wear masks to protect those who have chosen NOT to have been vaccinated which if they had been vaccinated could have prevented the undeniable increase in Covid cases.

It would be funny, if not so possibly tragic.

References are the CDC site and multiple news sources. For completeness, there are legitimate reasons why vaccination is not recommended or ineffective in some individuals. But this is not true for the vast majority of the unvaccinated for whose benefit the vaccinated may need to remask.

thinkxingu 07-29-2021 03:20 PM

Interesting statistics maps.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b47c0e391d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...abaf102422.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3289af1c8f.jpg