Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2014 Audi A6, 88K miles (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27486)

Winilyme 09-20-2021 03:50 PM

2014 Audi A6, 88K miles

Brake warning light came on...indicating likely low battery fluid level. Or possibly, per one dealer I consulted, worn brake pads. I had it serviced this past May at our dealer in CT and there was no indication on their report of impending battery pad failure (I've only driven it about 3,000 miles since then). Upon a quick look at the battery fluid reservoir, one can see the fluid in the yellow perforated cup about 1-1/2 inches down...so it seems to be full.

I'm in Meredith and the closest Audi dealer is in Nashua so I'm wondering if anyone here can suggest a quality local independent that could look at this.

Thanks to all forum members for any thoughts, recommendations, advice you can provide. Also interested in what you think is a possible cause. Obviously, I'm not mechanically inclined.

radioman 09-20-2021 04:12 PM

2014 audi

German Auto in Gilford.

TiltonBB 09-20-2021 04:15 PM

Battery fluid reservoir. That's a new one on me. I have never heard of that or seen one.

Try German Motorsports in Gilford. They do good work. https://www.benzshops.com/new-hampsh...rts-gilford-nh

WinnisquamZ 09-20-2021 04:22 PM

A second for German motorsports. I will say if it’s the original battery and failing it does cause many odd issues in today’s cars

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Winilyme 09-20-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 362527)
Battery fluid reservoir. That's a new one on me. I have never heard of that or seen one.

Try German Motorsports in Gilford. They do good work. https://www.benzshops.com/new-hampsh...rts-gilford-nh

Jeez. I meant brake fluid reservoir. Thank you Tilton. Big 'Duh' on my part.

Micker 09-20-2021 06:56 PM

Another vote for German Auto Sports in Gilford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingScot 09-20-2021 07:50 PM

I don't know German Autosports, but I would definitely give them a try. As Audis, BMWs, and the like reach 100K or so, the thing that keeps them reasonably economical is an excellent independent repair shop

8gv 09-20-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micker (Post 362543)
Another vote for German Auto Sports in Gilford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They get my vote too.

They are competent and honest.

Winilyme 09-20-2021 10:08 PM

German Autosports will be getting my call tomorrow. Thanks all.

fatlazyless 09-21-2021 07:22 AM

www.squamlakesauto.com on Route 3 in Holderness has been there for many years, always looks busy with many different German cars out front, and is a German only car repair.

BMW, Audi, and Mercedes along with VW and Porsche are their repair market.

If you got the Messerschmitt Kabinenroller once owned by Elvis Presley, a funny looking three wheel German car from 1955 with two wheels up front, that would be good to go to Squam Lakes Auto.

BroadHopper 09-21-2021 08:37 AM

German Motorsport Gilford

Next to Skip King across from Hannaford

Service all my German vehicles for decades. Reliable, honest and second to none.

Current fleet 2005 C240 wagon at 163K and 2014 allroad at 53K.

Good luck!

Winilyme 09-22-2021 05:32 PM

German Mortorsports - My Experience

Figured I'd close the loop regarding my experience with German Motorsports. Got there around 2:30 this afternoon. Quick, pleasant conversation with the gentleman at the front desk. He asked for my key so they could take the car into their garage. I sat and waited 30 minutes when he called me to the desk to explain what they found. I believe the owner of the business was there as well (I didn't get his name). Basically, the brake warning light came on because two of my brake pads are getting low. We chatted some more and I learned that they are short staffed like many other businesses - so I was surprised that they could take a look so quickly.

They topped off my brake fluid, reset the warning light, spent a few minutes explaining the issue and some more time talking in general about maintenance on my car which is approaching 100K miles (I've always used a dealer in the past so I was asking questions based on Flying Scot's note on independents below). I said I wanted to make an appointment to get the pads replaced but the 'owner I think guy' said that I still had 4 or 5,000 miles to go on those pads and he suggested I wait to get them replaced. He said he'd be happy to make an appointment for October 4 and take my money but he couldn't recommend that. Understand that I also explained to him that I typically get my car serviced in CT in the April timeframe. He didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that he might be missing out on business but he was being honest and doing the right thing for me.

I pulled out my credit card and asked how much I owed and he said "nothing". He wouldn't accept anything for over 30 minutes of his business' time.

I'll be shifting my service timeframes such that I'm getting them done at German Motorsports in the future and, hopefully, my mileage will be limited enough between now and next spring such that I can wait to get my brake pads done there as well.

Thanks everyone - for your great recommendation.

WinnisquamZ 09-22-2021 06:23 PM

You are welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app