Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Vaccinations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26664)

Slickcraft 02-06-2021 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick35 (Post 350485)
It took two hours on hold but I got through on 211 this morning. We're now on a call back list to schedule our second appointment. I was told i will get a call within two weeks and the second shot will be within 7 days of the recommended date.

We went through 2 days of checking several times per hour and the earliest we could schedule was March 27th; 3 weeks late. So we finally did that. We also talked to a 211 person yesterday and provided our contact info. We got the same promise of a call back to reschedule.

One downside of scheduling a date is that you can no longer check to see if anything earlier is available unless you cancel the appointment that you already have.

JEEPONLY 02-06-2021 11:03 AM

Lrcc

As some have experienced, our appointed went unflawed.

Appointment time- Friday, 2/5- 5:40pm.
As WE entered the lot, there was a lit sign saying do not arrive more than ten minutes before your appointment- well, if you didn't already know this, and were concerned about being late (long lines, etc.)- anyway, moot point.

We pulled into the lot at 5:25 (eek!- five minutes early!). By the time we went through 2-3 "stations" (courteous and professional), we were right on the dot.

A questionnaire, which did not get collected, and a separate document for me (the "add on person" (they called it the plus-one, a process that went well) which they did keep- name/address/email.

A soldier came to the car, confirmed who we are, and the "shot" was the next step.

The male nurse giving the shot arrived and explained who he was (from out of district) and assured us of his abilities.

Got the shot (Moderna)- gave us cards recording the event- 5:55, emergency blinkers on for 15 minutes while sitting in the lot- 6:10- no reactions and on our way!!! We were told 28 days for the next one.

Here's to getting the second part just done just as easily! :laugh:

smith point boater 02-07-2021 07:32 AM

2nd appt

Slick - what you need to do is both register (which assume you are)with a plus one. Keep searching til ONE of you gets the appt. Then the other person keeps looking until you get an earlier appt and take that one. then cancel the first one and start looking again until you get an earlier one then start the process over again My wife and I kept leap- frogging until we got what we wanted. BTW we were researching 4 sites Belmont, Concord, Hooksett, Dover - Would not have bothered us to drive to any of those. Good luck moving on up

tummyman 02-07-2021 09:39 AM

Finally had success this morning, but had to take a site in Concord on Loudon Rd. Only place that had an opening at the correct interval. So I have about a 45 mile drive to get 2nd shot. All other locations had no appointments in March except 8 weeks out from out 1st shot. Spent yesterday and made maybe 25 inquires all day long but had zero success. I am hoping this is an outdoor site like we visited in Plymouth.

So March 2nd is a "go". Now hope wife will be able to get her shot at the same time, as we did put her name down on my application. If so, we will cancel a later in the week appointment for her.

rick35 02-07-2021 10:00 AM

We were able to book March 3rd in Concord. It's farther away than we'd like but at least we're scheduled. If we get a call back to schedule in Nashua we'll cancel Concord but I'm not very trusting. And I'm not looking forward to being on hold again for two hours. I can recite the recording by heart now.

Slickcraft 02-07-2021 12:07 PM

We also just got appointments in Concord for March 3rd, our first day of eligibility.

Woody38 02-07-2021 12:50 PM

vaccine apt

My wife and I had appointments for the vaccine on the same day at different locations. I dropped my wife off and waited for he. Then I needed to use a bathroom so I went in and asked if I could do that. The kind young lady said I could get the vaccine if I wanted. She asked if I was eligible. Yes. So she put me in line. in registering I tolk the young man I had an appt. later at another location. No problem. He cancelled that and made me one there. Done.
We both now have appt. at the same time, same place for the second dose.
They had plenty vaccine available and are anxious to vaccinate everyone.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

TheTimeTraveler 02-07-2021 04:21 PM

The recent posts indicate good news regarding the increasing ability to schedule Vaccine appointments.

It appears the supply is slowly increasing (albeit very slowly) and this is really good news for all our senior citizens.

Let's hope the vaccine supplies continue ramping up so that everyone who wants a vaccine can finally get one over the next few months.

Without a doubt, there will continue to be "glitches" along the way! Think positive.

Flyfisha 02-07-2021 07:56 PM

Concord

Tummyman
The Concord site is in the old Sears auto service building. They pull up the huge garage doors and take 8 cars at a time. No need to leave your vehicle. I noticed a distinct improvement in their organization from my first to my second injection.

tummyman 02-07-2021 09:30 PM

Flyfisha.....perfect. Thanks so much for the great info. Really appreciate it. One last thing...I assume it is the Moderna vaccine they are issuing?

Steveo 02-08-2021 09:29 AM

Moderna at Concord

Quote:

Originally Posted by tummyman (Post 350590)
Flyfisha.....perfect. Thanks so much for the great info. Really appreciate it. One last thing...I assume it is the Moderna vaccine they are issuing?

Yes Concord is giving out Moderna.

BTW: This morning, all the major sites have plenty of availability first week in March. They finally got it together.

rick35 02-08-2021 10:00 AM

I took my chances and cancelled our Concord appointment and was able to book March 2nd in Nashua. Better a 15 minute ride than 45.

Sue Doe-Nym 02-08-2021 11:03 AM

Naive question...???

I read somewhere that it’s not suggested that a person take Tylenol or ibuprofen prior to the injection (to ward off unpleasant reactions) because doing so could/would reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. It would be helpful to hear yay or nay from our forum medical geniuses. Thanks.

WinnisquamZ 02-08-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 350610)
I read somewhere that it’s not suggested that a person take Tylenol or ibuprofen prior to the injection (to ward off unpleasant reactions) because doing so could/would reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. It would be helpful to hear yay or nay from our forum medical geniuses. Thanks.

Correct. Can affect clotting of the blood

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Newbiesaukee 02-08-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 350610)

No one really knows, but it seems prudent not to take these just to prevent vaccination discomfort. The theory behind ibuprofen is that it is anti inflammatory and you want the inflammation to aid immunity. Tylenol is not anti inflammatory and the explanation is a bit more esoteric. But this is all theoretic.

OTOH, some people take 81mg aspirin or other anti inflammatory meds daily for medical reasons and should consult the prescribing physician, not the internet.

Taking these after vaccination if you get symptoms seems OK.

I had the expected side effects from the first, but still will not take the meds before the second.

NSAIDs can interfere with clotting, Tylenol does not, but I do not believe that is part of this discussion. People on blood thinners may bleed more from an injection but, again, discuss with the prescribing physician.

Sue Doe-Nym 02-08-2021 12:04 PM

Newbiesaukee, I tried a THANKS to you, but it wouldn’t let me. Thanks for your help! This information should help many here. 😎

Newbiesaukee 02-08-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 350623)
Newbiesaukee, I tried a THANKS to you, but it wouldn’t let me. Thanks for your help! This information should help many here. 😎

I had inadvertently duplicated my post, then deleted.

So many have helped me on the Forum for so many years, it’s nice to be able to help.

gravy boat 02-11-2021 07:55 AM

Side Effects

Our daughter is 28 and is very healthy and trim (works out and kick boxes).
She works in MA for a non-profit -- she is a mental health counselor and as such received the vaccine.
She received Moderna. First dose a few weeks ago and only a sore arm.
Second dose this past Monday and 10-12 hours later she had a horrible headache, terrible muscle aches and could barely get out of bed. That lasted about 12 hours.

I know some have few side effects.
Just sharing that it could be bad for some, even those young and healthy.
Hopefully you all have few to no side effects.

bobkatfly 02-11-2021 09:25 AM

LRCC today

Jeep, thanks for the detailed report. My wife and I have a 12:40 appointment today for the first shot. Going to follow your arrival time experience. Almost a hour ride for us (with our 1 year and 4 year old grandkids in tow) so have to get ready now:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 350516)
As some have experienced, our appointed went unflawed.
Appointment time- Friday, 2/5- 5:40pm.
As WE entered the lot, there was a lit sign saying do not arrive more than ten minutes before your appointment- well, if you didn't already know this, and were concerned about being late (long lines, etc.)- anyway, moot point.

We pulled into the lot at 5:25 (eek!- five minutes early!). By the time we went through 2-3 "stations" (courteous and professional), we were right on the dot.

A questionnaire, which did not get collected, and a separate document for me (the "add on person" (they called it the plus-one, a process that went well) which they did keep- name/address/email.

A soldier came to the car, confirmed who we are, and the "shot" was the next step.

The male nurse giving the shot arrived and explained who he was (from out of district) and assured us of his abilities.

Got the shot (Moderna)- gave us cards recording the event- 5:55, emergency blinkers on for 15 minutes while sitting in the lot- 6:10- no reactions and on our way!!! We were told 28 days for the next one.

Here's to getting the second part just done just as easily! :laugh:

Blue Thunder 02-11-2021 01:05 PM

This thread is getting pretty long in the tooth but I’ll add my experience anyway.
I am a First Responder in Mass. I got my first dose (Moderna) in Mid January and second dose exactly 28 days later. I had no discomfort with the first dose and only a sore arm for two days with the second. IMPORTANT point for me is that I had the virus in September. The speculation for now is that since I had the virus my body had already started to build the antibodies therefore the second shot didn’t give me any side effects. Not the case with many of my coworkers though. Fever, chills, fatigue etc for about 12-24 hours....

BT

bobkatfly 02-11-2021 01:23 PM

LRCC update today

Just finished. Went smooth. Got Pfizer and second appt. one month out.

SailinAway 02-15-2021 04:25 PM

I experienced two system errors. My first registration didn't go through, but I wasn't notified of that for 9 days. There was no sign of any problem when I registered. When I reregistered, I couldn't get an appointment until April 10---10 weeks after my neighbor, who registered at the same time as me. Then the system notified me a second time that my registration didn't go through---it took an hour on the phone to figure out that wasn't true.

Warning: if you don't get the promised email within 48 hours, reregister.

This kind of system error means that older people who should have been vaccinated earlier will end up in the younger group at a later date.

Sue Doe-Nym 02-15-2021 05:00 PM

Cancellation by NH

I wonder what’s going to happen with appointments that were cancelled state-wide for tomorrow due to the storm. Are those people now going to be pushed out for many weeks/months? Our first shot is scheduled for this Thursday late, and we’re hoping to beat the next storm scheduled for Thursday P.M.

SailinAway 02-15-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 350967)
I wonder what’s going to happen with appointments that were cancelled state-wide for tomorrow due to the storm. Are those people now going to be pushed out for many weeks/months? Our first shot is scheduled for this Thursday late, and we’re hoping to beat the next storm scheduled for Thursday P.M.

WMUR says that Tuesday appointments will be rescheduled for later this week and that officials will call people to reschedule.

https://www.wmur.com/article/some-ne...storm/35509121

tummyman 02-15-2021 08:58 PM

We had our first shot rescheduled....was to be Feb 2, but they moved everyone to Feb 1st due to storm forecast. I had heard that they had at least one day a week set aside in case they had to make a mass cancellation. We got an email moving the date and saying that our times were exactly the same. So I suspect they already have a plan and it will be easy. But fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!

ApS 02-24-2021 09:24 AM

Florida Vaccinations Draw Canadians...

Not everyone is happy...

https://www-thestar-com.cdn.ampproje...ask-ellie.html

smith point boater 02-25-2021 05:47 AM

2nd shots

Wife and I both got our 2nd shots - as scheduled - on Tuesday. Again at LRCC. Process was much smoother than the first time and we were in and out in 45 min. including the 15 minute post shot wait.

FYI - Make sure you remind the shot giver that you are there for 2nd shot. They were prepared for my 2nd shot but for some reason thought my wife was her first. Quickly clarified and the person just went and got a different syringe.
There is a slight difference in the 2nd shot "formula" so make sure you get the right one

Hope you all get your shots soon!!!

Sue Doe-Nym 02-25-2021 08:48 AM

Smith Point Boater, we are wondering whether you had reactions to the 2nd shot, other than sore arm, etc? We understand the 2nd dose is stronger. We are booked on a flight about 36 hours after the shots, which is probably cutting it close. Thanks.

Newbiesaukee 02-25-2021 09:04 AM

Although, the second dose of the mRNA vaccines have been said to have more side effects, I can not find any reliable references that the second dose is in anyway different from the first. The only references I can find state they are exactly the same.

My personal experience is really of no value to answer the question but my wife and I had our second Moderna yesterday. For the first shot, my wife had a sore arm and I had a sore arm as well as a headache, weakness, nausea which lasted less than a day. With the second shot, I have a sore arm and my wife is in bed with chills, headache, fatigue and nausea. I’m certain she’ll feel better later.

We’re both happy to have had them and the National Guard, this time at Plymouth, were terrific.

Newbiesaukee 02-25-2021 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is from CDC website. My wife is awake and feels much better.

smith point boater 02-26-2021 07:32 AM

Reaction

Sue - As with the first shot we both had sore arms (at injection site ) about 12 hrs later. It lasted less than 24 hrs for me. On the 2nd shot my wife had some muscle pain near her hip (not a pull or strain) overnite. She took 2 Ibuprofin and it went away by mid day Wednesday.

We had heard many varying reaction stories - all true. 2 daughter in laws in their 30's (they are in the medical field) had much harsher reactions. Feel we were lucky to get away with minor issues both times. I've read the reaction is worse the younger you are. We are 66/65. Whatever it is its worth it - 2 more weeks and we'll be as protected as we can be.

FYI We waited 24hrs and are on the road to Florida for a long awaited trip

Good luck with yours

CK5 Truck 02-28-2021 06:16 AM

IDK how old most of you are here, but it seems most want the shot but seem to be nervous about when they will be able to get it. I have a customer who is a Phizer executive and this is what he has explained to me, MOST of this whole thing is political, yes people have died and that is serious, this vaccine that everyone was in a hurry to get out was actually ready 3 weeks BEFORE the election, BUT the political powers that be kept it delayed so Trump wouldnt get any positive press. Even more sinister than that is he says there are no less than 6 drug therapies available and have been available, but if your diagnosis is COVID 19 your Dr was not allowed to prescribe it, the diagnosis had to be something along the lines of upper respiratory infection. This is absolutely TRUE as I had a particularly horrible case of COVID in the beginning and and it took me describing to my Dr I think Im dying that she changed my diagnosis to upper respiratory infection where I received one of the Rx and within 48 hrs I was back to my normal self even though the Rx was 4x a day for almost a month. Ive never worn a mask throughout and I have never been sick since. If anyone reading this gets COVID (bad case) ask to have diagnosis called upper resperatory infection so you can be treated or esle get a new Dr. Playing politics with peoples lives is just plain evil.

thinkxingu 02-28-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK5 Truck (Post 351531)
IDK how old most of you are here, but it seems most want the shot but seem to be nervous about when they will be able to get it. I have a customer who is a Phizer executive and this is what he has explained to me, MOST of this whole thing is political, yes people have died and that is serious, this vaccine that everyone was in a hurry to get out was actually ready 3 weeks BEFORE the election, BUT the political powers that be kept it delayed so Trump wouldnt get any positive press. Even more sinister than that is he says there are no less than 6 drug therapies available and have been available, but if your diagnosis is COVID 19 your Dr was not allowed to prescribe it, the diagnosis had to be something along the lines of upper respiratory infection. This is absolutely TRUE as I had a particularly horrible case of COVID in the beginning and and it took me describing to my Dr I think Im dying that she changed my diagnosis to upper respiratory infection where I received one of the Rx and within 48 hrs I was back to my normal self even though the Rx was 4x a day for almost a month. Ive never worn a mask throughout and I have never been sick since. If anyone reading this gets COVID (bad case) ask to have diagnosis called upper resperatory infection so you can be treated or esle get a new Dr. Playing politics with peoples lives is just plain evil.

It's so weird how even the UK is in on the conspiracy since, well, they only approved it 10 days earlier with a much shorter evaluation process that was, in fact, criticized by many.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ope-and-the-us

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TiltonBB 02-28-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith point boater (Post 351468)
Sue - As with the first shot we both had sore arms (at injection site ) about 12 hrs later. It lasted less than 24 hrs for me. On the 2nd shot my wife had some muscle pain near her hip (not a pull or strain) overnite. She took 2 Ibuprofin and it went away by mid day Wednesday.

We had heard many varying reaction stories - all true. 2 daughter in laws in their 30's (they are in the medical field) had much harsher reactions. Feel we were lucky to get away with minor issues both times. I've read the reaction is worse the younger you are. We are 66/65. Whatever it is its worth it - 2 more weeks and we'll be as protected as we can be.

FYI We waited 24hrs and are on the road to Florida for a long awaited trip

Good luck with yours

Reading this does not give me that warm and fuzzy feeling! I had the first shot 28 days ago and had no reaction at all. The second shot is at noon today so we shall see........

I am picking someone up at the airport at 2:30 PM. Maybe I should tell them to take an Uber and come home and go back to bed. :eek::liplick:

Newbiesaukee 02-28-2021 08:22 AM

The warm and fuzzy feeling should come with your ability to get your second shot.

In a perfect world, it would be better, in my personal non-professional opinion, if you could make other airport arrangements for your guest.

You’ve given yourself a very tight time window. Stuff happens. Get your shot,go home and get on with your life.

FlyingScot 02-28-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK5 Truck (Post 351531)
MOST of this whole thing is political

Most of this whole thing is 500,000 dead Americans.

The rest of your post is also full of misinformation and conspiracy theories, but I'm pretty sure everybody understands that by now.

DEJ 02-28-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 351537)
Most of this whole thing is 500,000 dead Americans.

The rest of your post is also full of misinformation and conspiracy theories, but I'm pretty sure everybody understands that by now.

So according to you the Phizer Exec. is a conspiracy spreader. Come on man. :rolleye2:

Sue Doe-Nym 02-28-2021 10:08 AM

Word of caution...

If this discussion becomes too political, the entire thread will disappear, so tread lightly. I speak from experience.

ApS 02-28-2021 10:59 AM

Cancel Culture?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 351533)
It's so weird how even the UK is in on the conspiracy since, well, they only approved it 10 days earlier with a much shorter evaluation process that was, in fact, criticized by many

The US was informed on November 4th, 2020.

CDC: 1918 Spanish Flu killed an estimated 675,000.

Quote:

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, then a member of the coronavirus task force and now President Biden's top medical adviser, suggested that 100,000 to 200,000 might be the total number."
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 351542)
If this discussion becomes too political, the entire thread will disappear, so tread lightly. I speak from experience.

Maybe not "disappear", but may be "locked".

A member posts a picture of a U.S. postage stamp? Heaven forfend! :rolleye2:

FlyingScot 02-28-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEJ (Post 351541)
So according to you the Phizer Exec. is a conspiracy spreader. Come on man. :rolleye2:

No--I did not say that. I said that CK5 Truck, an anonymous person with 3 posts on this forum, is spreading conspiracies.

Specifically--he called a virus that's caused 500,000 American deaths mostly political, he attributed something to an unnamed Pfizer exec that no Pfizer exec with actual knowledge would say, and he asserted that masks don't matter because he only caught COVID-19 once.

It's funny that a veteran poster such as yourself would assume that a newbie's post on a hot topic would be accurate. I could see accepting or rejecting something more quickly from another veteran based on that person's previous posts. But a new name on an anonymous forum...?