Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Clinic (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14975)

pickwick 10-18-2012 12:52 PM

Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Clinic

I am saddened to see that our only emergency vet clinic is now closed! From their Facebook:

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this letter to inform you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Service will be closing for business 8am Friday, October 12,2012.

I apologize for such short notice, as this could not be avoided.

It has been a pleasure and privilege to serve you and your pets over the past 4 years. The opportunity to provide compassionate and quality care to your pets, gives all of us here at WVEC a sense of pride and accomplishment. We all thank you for that.

Does anyone know if this is temporary? Please don't tell me we've lost them! They were such amazing, compassionate vets, and we really need after hours care for our pets :(:(

SteveA 10-18-2012 02:28 PM

Too bad. We had a number of night and Saturday emergency's with out pets and found their services to be wonderful. The staff was always very caring.

They will be missed, and to the best of my knowledge, the next closest 24 hour Vet care to the Laconia side of the lake is C.A.V.E.S in Concord.

tis 10-18-2012 05:06 PM

We heard from our vet about this and they said Concord was the closest place.

Rattlesnake Gal 10-19-2012 06:09 AM

Oh, No!

These guys were great! We had an emergency over Memorial Day and they took excellent care of Bailey. Sad to see them go.

Lakesrider 10-23-2012 07:11 AM

When we were at Meadow Pond with our cat jumper my wife asked about any after hour Vets and the People at Meadow Pond told us they had just closed that day. Sad to see yet another business go down that path.

martbri7 03-08-2013 10:30 AM

Re Opening March 15 yippeeee

Found this on their facebook page...................

We're excited to announce the opening of our sister hospital in the lakes region next weekend. Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital will offer emergency services to the NH Lakes Region starting next Friday, March 15!

hilltopper 03-08-2013 12:59 PM

Anyone know if the location and phone number will remain the same?

CherylD 03-12-2013 10:02 AM

Meredith Place Veterinary ER OPEN AGAIN

The Veterinary ER in the Shops at Meredith Place will open again as of March 15th, 2013 at 5pm. This is a much needed addition to the community and we're proud to offer this service. Emergency line is 279-1117. Hours are 24-hours on the weekend and from 5pm until 8:30am Monday through Thursday at this time. We will move to 24/7 when possible. Thank you for your local support! :)

CherylD 03-12-2013 10:05 AM

Phone number for veterinary ER is still the same

The number for Meredith Place Vet ER is:
603-279-1117

Location is also the same:
8 Maple St./Suite 2
Shops at Meredith Place
Meredith, NH

Winnisquamguy 03-12-2013 10:54 AM

From LDS

<dl class="article-info"><dd class="published"> Published Date </dd><dd class="createdby"> Written by Adam Drapcho </dd></dl>
Quote:

MEREDITH — When the Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Clinic closed last year, local pet owners found themselves in a precarious situation. If something were to happen to an animal outside of their regular veterinarian's business hours, the nearest emergency care facility could be as far as Concord — a long drive when a beloved pet is in crisis.
Thanks to veterinarian and entrepreneur Lee Garrod, the local emergency veterinary care void will soon be filled. Garrod will be opening Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital on March 15, and will immediately begin offering emergency care during hours that other vets are typically closed.
The Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital will operate out of the same Maple Street storefront as the Winnipesaukee Clinic, and will have the same phone number (279-1117). Despite the commonalities, there is no business or legal connection between the two entities.
The Meredith facility will be the third veterinary-related business operated by Garrod. She owns an emergency care facility in Newington, and is also an owner of the Southern New Hampshire Veterinary Referral Hospital in Manchester, a practice that offers specialty services such as internal medicine, neurology, cardiology, surgery, dermatology, oncology, acupuncture, diagnostic imaging and other services not available at a typical veterinarian office.
For the first few months, the practice will be open from 5 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. Mondays through Thursday, and from 5 p.m. on Friday through 8:30 a.m. the following Monday. Garrod plans to eventually expand the hours of operation to 24 hours each day, every day of the year, and to offer some of the referral services also provided by the Manchester practice.
Cheryl Duszak, director of marketing for Garrod's company, emphasized that the Meredith practice isn't intended to offer duplicating services already provided by local veterinarians. "We don't compete with veterinarians, we supplement area veterinarians." The clinic will employ three veterinarians specializing in critical care, as well as technicians and a practice manager.
Jonna Fulton, who owned the Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Clinic prior to its closure and now works in local veterinary practices, welcomed the return of emergency care to the region. She issued the following statement:
"I am thrilled that the former Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Hospital will re-open under new ownership and new name of Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital. There will be many familiar faces working there and also many new doctors and staff. As a local general practitioner, I am looking forward to referring my patients to the ER. The doctors and staff are top notch. The after hours veterinary emergency services are such an important resource for Lakes Region pet owners. I am looking forward to the new ownership continuing to carry on the vision of delivering high quality compassionate emergency medicine and surgery."

Mirror Lake's BB 03-18-2013 02:12 PM

Records

Do you have access to records from the previous owner? "Happy" was there on 8/29/12, Client ID # 2337. The doctor's initials were JLF - is she still there? Great to know you that you will hopefully go to 24/7. Best of luck.:)

SAMIAM 03-18-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylD (Post 200383)
The Veterinary ER in the Shops at Meredith Place will open again as of March 15th, 2013 at 5pm. This is a much needed addition to the community and we're proud to offer this service. Emergency line is 279-1117. Hours are 24-hours on the weekend and from 5pm until 8:30am Monday through Thursday at this time. We will move to 24/7 when possible. Thank you for your local support! :)

Forwarding this post to all my friends with pets.....much needed and appreciated service
Bob&Sammie at the VK

gravy boat 03-21-2013 12:02 PM

Meredith ER

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you! Late Friday evening we had to help our oldest Old English Sheepdog over the bridge -- we didn't know it had reopened and we helped her over the bridge at CAVES. The people there were WONDERFUL!

Hopefully we don't need the ER again anytime soon, but it's good to know. Thank you!

GB

gillygirl 03-21-2013 03:57 PM

Condolences

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravy boat (Post 200842)
Thank you! Late Friday evening we had to help our oldest Old English Sheepdog over the bridge -- we didn't know it had reopened and we helped her over the bridge at CAVES. The people there were WONDERFUL!

Hopefully we don't need the ER again anytime soon, but it's good to know. Thank you!

GB

Sorry for your loss, Gravyboat. What a beautiful pup.

gravy boat 03-21-2013 07:34 PM

Thank you, Gillygirl

Sara (aka The Smooch) was my first dog and the reason for our love of the breed and why we rescue Old English Sheepdogs.

Thank you, again...
GB

Rattlesnake Gal 03-24-2013 06:19 AM

Meredith Place Veterinary ER OPEN AGAIN

Great news! They helped us with our sweet Bailey when she ripped off her toenail.

Gravy Boat, I am very sad for you and your family's loss of dear Sara. Thinking of you.

Celia

RLW 03-24-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylD (Post 200384)
The number for Meredith Place Vet ER is:
603-279-1117

Location is also the same:
8 Maple St./Suite 2
Shops at Meredith Place
Meredith, NH

http://i44.tinypic.com/1499wms.gif CherylD, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.
Thanks very much for your input on this thread.:)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2e56yqf.gif

CherylD 04-09-2013 10:15 AM

Yes we have the previous records

We do still have the previous records and an extremely qualified critical care staff so no worries there! Thank you!

Barney Bear 06-25-2014 04:05 PM

MVER-- Wonderful Care for a Small Patient

Last Saturday morning, our one year old Scottish terrier would not put her left hind leg down. We brought her [with her concerned two year old Scottish terrier brother] from East Bear Island to the MVER Clinic at Meredith Place, across from the Winnipesaukee Railroad "yard" in Meredith. We received prompt and very professional help from the staff there. After a thorough treatment procedure, we received printed discharge instuctions from Christina Winn, DMV and returned to the island very pleased with our visit.

CherylD 05-05-2015 09:05 AM

Veterinary ER is in Meredith, NH

We just wanted to remind everyone that Meredith Place Veterinary ER is open 24 Hours on the weekends and holidays and also open every day from 5pm until 8:30am the following day. The address is:

8 Maple Street, Suite 2
Meredith, NH
603-279-1117

http://www.lakesregionveterinary.com/

Hoping you don't ever need them but they're there if you do!

Location is near the train station and down the street from Case n Keg.

GTO 05-06-2015 08:43 AM

good to know

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylD (Post 244323)
We just wanted to remind everyone that Meredith Place Veterinary ER is open 24 Hours on the weekends and holidays and also open every day from 5pm until 8:30am the following day. The address is:

8 Maple Street, Suite 2
Meredith, NH
603-279-1117

http://www.lakesregionveterinary.com/

Hoping you don't ever need them but they're there if you do!

Location is near the train station and down the street from Case n Keg.

My son had to take his pup there last weekend. 11pm and they got him right in. They were also treating 2 dogs that got way too close to porcupines.

stynx55 05-07-2015 05:25 PM

I had to take my Senior Maltese there last year at 2:00A.M. after a late night jump off the bed hurt her. The staff was awesome and they helped my little girl!!!

CherylD 05-04-2016 10:22 AM

Veterinary Emergency Hospital is in Meredith

We just wanted to remind everyone with pets or anyone who has people with pets visiting the lakes region that Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital is in Meredith for anyone with weekend or after hours pet emergencies. We're located next to the new Annalee location near the train. Address is:

8 Maple Street / Suite 2
Meredith, NH

Hours are 24 hours a day all weekend and on major holidays. We're also open after all the veterinarian offices close from 5pm until 8:30am the following day weekdays.

Monday - Thursday 5pm to 8:30am
24 Hour Weekends (5pm Fri – 8:30am Mon) - See more at:

http://www.lakesregionveterinary.com

Barney Bear 05-04-2016 05:01 PM

Great Vet Services

We took one of our Scottish terriers from Easr Bear Island after midnight on a Saturday to this fine pet clinic. We highly recommend them. 🐻

winnipiseogee 05-04-2016 07:12 PM

I second the endorsement. They have taken care of our golden when she was a puppy and eating EVERYTHING. We are very lucky to have them here in town!

upthesaukee 05-04-2016 08:35 PM

I haven't looked, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylD (Post 261246)
We just wanted to remind everyone with pets or anyone who has people with pets visiting the lakes region that Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital is in Meredith for anyone with weekend or after hours pet emergencies. We're located next to the new Annalee location near the train. Address is:

8 Maple Street / Suite 2
Meredith, NH

Hours are 24 hours a day all weekend and on major holidays. We're also open after all the veterinarian offices close from 5pm until 8:30am the following day weekdays.

Monday - Thursday 5pm to 8:30am
24 Hour Weekends (5pm Fri – 8:30am Mon) - See more at:

I haven't looked, CherylD, but if you haven't, maybe you want to put an ad in the Classified Section of this website. Pretty good advertising, and you can't beat the price.... free is still good, right????;):)

Thanks for letting us know about your services.

winni83 05-04-2016 08:38 PM

Third the endorsement. They successfully treated my Lab who had a fever of over 106 degrees. Brought him in at 11:30 at night and it was all hands on deck to get the fever down. It was FUO -- fever of unknown origin, although the consensus was that it was a non Lyme tick borne illness.

wifi 05-05-2016 05:21 AM

Agreed, they are great. One time, they were a life saver, the other they handled the unthinkable, with dignity.

Whimsey 05-05-2016 04:12 PM

Emergency Vets

My neighbor and I have both used them. Excellent service. Wouldn't hesitate to go again, but hope we don't have to.

Misha888 05-06-2016 07:42 PM

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (✿ˆ◡ˆ✿)

They saved our cat, on an icy December weekend night. They were very sensitive to the pets needs and not billing out the max. Very appreciative to have them in the area, as the next closest place to do emergency surgery was Portsmouth.

Thank you, Dr Cappello and staff for the immediate assistance. Samantha is still doing swimmingly!

Note: Cats love needle and thread and some can even swallow it without puncturing their throat.

dogma 05-08-2016 08:09 AM

great to know

Are there other vets folks recommend between Meredith and Alton?

Dad sold the C * C 05-08-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogma (Post 261438)

I know there are other vets, from severel threads on the topic. But this is a 24 / 7 Emergency facility which is very different than a normal Vet with normal business hours.

When we bought the Cabin one of the first thing my wife did was look up 24 hour vet hospitals and we have that info at the house and on our phones. Other than the one mentioned, Concord was the closest for us if I remember correctly.

salty dog 05-08-2016 09:09 AM

It's very good to know you're there. We have visited so that we know exactly where you are located. In the cabin we rent (which is dog friendly) I have posted on the bulletin board your location and info for other renters.

Dog's Ear 05-08-2016 02:56 PM

I also have used this facility and was very pleased with the care. I have also used Winter Harbor Vet during business hours. It's always a good idea to stop in and give them all of your pets info/history in case you do need to use a vet away from home.

DRH 05-08-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogma (Post 261438)

We've been taking our multiple pets (dogs and cats) to Drs. John and Katie Guest at VCA Animal Hospital on Rt 11A in Gilford for a number of years. They are both excellent vets., their "bedside manner" is superb, and they provide lots of information and advice to pet owners. Quilt Lady and I would highly recommend them.

Newbiesaukee 05-08-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad sold the C * C (Post 261445)
I know there are other vets, from severel threads on the topic. But this is a 24 / 7 Emergency facility which is very different than a normal Vet with normal business hours.

When we bought the Cabin one of the first thing my wife did was look up 24 hour vet hospitals and we have that info at the house and on our phones. Other than the one mentioned, Concord was the closest for us if I remember correctly.

Just to be clear, as noted above it is not a 24/7 facility but rather open when most offices would be closed..evenings and weekends.

We, too, have been pleased with their emergency service. We also like Meadow Pond on Rt. 25 in Moultonborough for our regular vets.

CherylD 05-17-2018 11:45 AM

Veterinary Emergency Room

Just reminding everyone with pets or anyone who has people with pets visiting the lakes region that Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital is in Meredith for anyone with weekend or after hours pet emergencies. We're also open for extended hours on holiday weekends when vets are closed.

8 Maple Street / Suite 2
Meredith, NH

Hours are 24 hours a day all weekend and on major holidays. We're also open after all the veterinarian offices close from 5pm until 8am the following day weekdays.

Monday - Thursday 5pm to 8am
24 Hour Weekends (5pm Fri – 8am Mon) - See more at:

CherylD 05-17-2018 11:47 AM

Veterinary Emergency Hospital is in Meredith

Veterinary Emergency Room
Just reminding everyone with pets or anyone who has people with pets visiting the lakes region that Meredith Place Veterinary Emergency Hospital is in Meredith for anyone with weekend or after hours pet emergencies. We're also open for extended hours on holiday weekends when family veterinarians are closed.

8 Maple Street / Suite 2
Meredith, NH

Hours are 24 hours a day all weekend and on major holidays. We're also open after all the veterinarian offices close from 5pm until 8am the following day weekdays.

Monday - Thursday 5pm to 8am
24 Hour Weekends (5pm Fri – 8am Mon) - See more at:

Barney Bear 05-17-2018 02:06 PM

Great Place

We came off-island near midnight on a Saturday night with one our dogs, taking her to the MPVEH located near the Winnipesaukee rail yard in Meredith. She stayed for two nights and received wonderful care. We highly recommend this veterinary service. 🐻