Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   CRITICAL Apple update (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27469)

TKD 09-14-2021 04:30 AM

CRITICAL Apple update

Apple announced a software patch for all Apple devices for a 0 click software virus meaning do not have to click on this virus to be infected. Go to Settings> General>Software Update to download this update. I saw this on the 5AM WMUR news this morning and it is legit.

TheTimeTraveler 09-14-2021 07:17 AM

Yes, this is a legit and important patch.

I did mine myself last night at 8:00 pm however I believe that most other users had theirs done automatically overnight (assuming they were plugged into a power source).

If you use Apple products then do check to be sure your iPhone, iPad, laptop and desktop have all been done. Be sure to be plugged into a power source if you find it has not been done.

JEEPONLY 09-14-2021 10:15 AM

Just wondering

What password is Rossen talking about (on WMUR) when he's giving directions?
I don't have an Apple phone, but it makes me curious as to just what he's talking about.
I have an Apple laptop, but don't see any of the directive labels mentioned on TV, such as settings/ general, etc. in my System preferences area.

TheTimeTraveler 09-14-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 362215)
I don't have an Apple phone, but it makes me curious as to just what he's talking about.
I have an Apple laptop, but don't see any of the directive labels mentioned on TV, such as settings/ general, etc. in my System preferences area.

Go to "About this MAC" and then click on software upgrade IF it shows up.

If it doesn't show up then you are all set.

Very easy!

Slickcraft 09-14-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 362215)

Any Apple phone or iPad requires a pin or finger print to open. For software upgrades or to open after restart your pin is required, finger print won't do.

Descant 09-14-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 362193)
Yes, this is a legit and important patch.

I did mine myself last night at 8:00 pm however I believe that most other users had theirs done automatically overnight (assuming they were plugged into a power source).

If you use Apple products then do check to be sure your iPhone, iPad, laptop and desktop have all been done. Be sure to be plugged into a power source if you find it has not been done.

So, I use a wireless charger, but also set for automatic updatyes. Is that counterproductive?
I have facial rec instead of fingerprint. Is there a way to convert to fingerprint? The facial doesn't work when I have a mask on or in a darkened room as when an app sets off an alarm at night. Also sketchy if I have sunglasses or a hat outdoors. Cute idea, but not well executed. Accurately typing a PIN in the dark is not always successful either, but it is important to respond to the alarm. I usually hold the phone close, with no glasses, but it always wants me to move the phone back and forth to turn on. Next phone will be a fingerprint. I'm really dissatisfied with facial recognition. Any remedies?