Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who is towing (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27308)

Woody38 08-06-2021 08:39 AM

Who is towing

I have seen several boats being towed. Even a toon towed by a jet ski.
Haven't seen Boat/us or any other private tows. Are they present on the lake or have they gone the Covid-19 way.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

steve-on-mark 08-06-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 360082)
I have seen several boats being towed. Even a toon towed by a jet ski.
Haven't seen Boat/us or any other private tows. Are they present on the lake or have they gone the Covid-19 way.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

I know Boat US keeps one at Silver Sands...have seen it out working many times so far this year!

VitaBene 08-06-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 360094)
I know Boat US keeps one at Silver Sands...have seen it out working many times so far this year!

Only needed them once in last 5 years but worth every penny. Just upgraded to offshore too.

XCR-700 08-06-2021 10:54 AM

I still have warranty and my insurance both cover towing, thankfully.

Given that mine is a 2018 and with less than 100 Hrs, and the outstanding service at PBM, hoping I dont need to exercise my coverage any time soon.

BillJohn 08-06-2021 05:45 PM

SeaTow

Just had to use seatow this past weekend. I boat in FL and NH and have been towed 4x.....saved me thousands of dollars. Seatow or BoatsUs are impossible to beat!

mofn 08-06-2021 06:01 PM

Saw U.S. Boats last week in June? Coming out of the no wake zone off Bear Island on a heading for 3 Mile Island or beyond?
As for boats towing each other to us we feel there's an uptick this year, seen a lot!

Lakegeezer 08-06-2021 06:29 PM

You can be towed

I've seen the tow boat heading up Moultonboro Bay a few times this year, yellow lights a'flashing.

garysanfran 08-06-2021 07:47 PM

I've always offered a tow to someone who needed it...And I've used US Tow two times, in the last 10 years, while other boaters passed me by...Bye, Bye.

I also stopped once to investigate a boat that was floating and seemed unoccupied. Thought they might need assistance...Uhhh...They did not!

TiltonBB 08-06-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 360126)
I've always offered a tow to someone who needed it...And I've used US Tow two times, in the last 10 years, while other boaters passed me by...Bye, Bye.

I also stopped once to investigate a boat that was floating and seemed unoccupied. Thought they might need assistance...Uhhh...They did not!

Pictures? Video?

TheTimeTraveler 08-06-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 360126)

I wonder what they were doing in their spare time? :laugh:

:liplick::look::emb:

steve-on-mark 08-11-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 360128)
I wonder what they were doing in their spare time? :laugh:

:liplick::look::emb:

Priming the bilge pump??