Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Gun Firearm Sales and Liquor Sales Deemed Essential (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25504)

TheProfessor 03-31-2020 10:34 AM

Gun Firearm Sales and Liquor Sales Deemed Essential

Just an observation.

Gun Shop sales stores deemed essential in New Hampshire.

Liquor Store sales in deemed essential in New Hampshire.

VitaBene 03-31-2020 10:37 AM

Sounds about right to me. Responsible gun owners don't mix the two.

baygo 03-31-2020 11:23 AM

Saw a video of an NYC subway from last night @ 7:30PM. It was packed! No masks or other precautions be made.

Liquor stores open but schools closed?

Red tape is being side stepped to get things done. Did we need the red tape?

These are some very interesting times, with unique shadows from each direction evaluated from.

Hillcountry 03-31-2020 11:33 AM

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition! (And the Crown Royal Apple) :D

WinnisquamZ 03-31-2020 11:45 AM

New sale started today at the state liquor stores. 15% off most wines.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Paugus Bay Resident 03-31-2020 12:06 PM

Just picked up a new Mossberg 500 20 garage (my 1st 20), nice gun. Turkey season is coming up.

I'm with VitaBene, Turkey hunting and Wild Turkey don't mix.

ishoot308 03-31-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident (Post 330027)
I'm with VitaBene, Turkey hunting and Wild Turkey don't mix.

No but Turkey hunting then celebrating after a successful hunt with Wild Turkey is a great mix!!;);)

Congrats on the new peashooter!

Dan

Paugus Bay Resident 03-31-2020 12:29 PM

peashooter :) Still got the 12 ga. As I get older, something lighter is appealing

ishoot308 03-31-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident (Post 330036)
peashooter :) Still got the 12 ga. As I get older, something lighter is appealing

Just a figure of speech I have for all guns... I absolutely love 20's!! Especially older collectable side by sides!!

Dan

Paugus Bay Resident 03-31-2020 12:58 PM

I figured as much :)

VitaBene 03-31-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 330041)
Just a figure of speech I have for all guns... I absolutely love 20's!! Especially older collectable side by sides!!

Dan

I just got an old T. Barker from a friend!

RLW 03-31-2020 04:04 PM

I just pasted over all guns

I recently passed all my fire arms over to my son and grandson because of health and age. My enjoyment had left when I got tired of taking them out of the safe and cleaning them about every other month. Old age takes away many of the good things we enjoyed doing, but we do have some wonderful memories doing same plus other things. :(

RLW 03-31-2020 04:09 PM

What is really essential

What about Pot sales as in MA trying to get that :confused:essential

Major 03-31-2020 05:25 PM

Welcome back RLW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garcia 03-31-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLW (Post 330065)
What about Pot sales as in MA trying to get that :confused:essential

The line at the local pot store was probably 100 or more strong on the last day of sales. And no, I wasn't in it!

Paugus Bay Resident 04-01-2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 330061)
I just got an old T. Barker from a friend!

Nice friend (and gun too) :cheers:

fatlazyless 04-01-2020 05:43 AM

Read in the Union Leader how either the state or the governor is closing eight state liquor stores including the Wolfeboro store because liquor employees do not want the health risk. Believe liquor employees start at $12/hr and the state is offering a 10% pay increase to them plus looking for new employees, too.

A 10% pay increase does not seem like much considering the big number of close proximity, adult beverage transactions that happen at the cash register counter area.

Yesterday, was not unusual anymore to see other Walmart customers wearing face breath masks. Plymouth Walmart had 10-paks of toilet paper ..... a corona virus super special ..... ho-ho-ho .... :emb:-just kidding, but they did really have the 10-paks of tp for about 4.89.

Gov Sununu should put in an eight hour shift at the liquor store check-out, himself, and ask himself if it is worth more than a 10% increase?

ApS 04-01-2020 07:07 PM

Micro-Aggrieved Felons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfessor (Post 330006)
Just an observation.

Gun Shop sales stores deemed essential in New Hampshire.

Liquor Store sales in deemed essential in New Hampshire.

Overnight, Massachusetts approved, then disapproved, gun shops as essential. :eek2: :confused:

Officials failed to consider the feelings of those felons to be released. :rolleye2:

fatlazyless 04-01-2020 08:00 PM

Vermont tells Walmart .....

Vermont tells its' Walmart stores to stop selling non-essential items.

http://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/...als-in-vermont

Wonder if this new policy will come to New Hampshire? Why just today I was in the Plymouth NH Walmart buying food items and I also got a $13.88 set of replacement wheel bearings for one wheel on my small utility trailer.

This new Vermont rule would mean my wheel bearing purchase could not be happening in a Vermont Walmart? Good grief and by the way the Plymouth NH Walmart store was relatively quiet and empty of customers, today.

So's it sounds like it is 'no' to wheel bearings and 'yes' to shotguns and ammo at the Vermont Walmart's. Me-thinks that Senator Bernie-Vermont would probably go along with this.