Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Generac generator dealer (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22783)

rsnews 11-12-2017 02:45 PM

Generac generator dealer

Looking for a company to install a whole house generator

Little Bear 11-12-2017 03:11 PM

Powers Generator installed one for me: http://powersgenerator.com

Descant 11-12-2017 03:15 PM

Where are you?

Almost any electrician. I did a lot of the prep work myself. Mine is about 25 yards away from the house, behind some shrubs for noise reduction. I poured my own concrete pad and dug the trenches for the propane feed and electric feed back to the house (in May). You may or may not want to do this kind of work at this time of year. If you do your own pad, you may need a template for fastenings and for a conduit through the concrete.
As is often the case, you don't say where you are, so specific recommendations are not as easy. My friend/electrician, TC Reilly Electric, in Merrimack, is backed up on installations.

joey2665 11-12-2017 07:55 PM

Generac generator dealer

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsnews (Post 287591)
Looking for a company to install a whole house generator

I just had a Generac installed by Denis Frazier Cooling Unlimited. Excellent work and the generator ran for 50 hours straight over the past storm with no issues. Smooth as silk.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

BroadHopper 11-13-2017 09:58 AM

NUWAVE Electric

Is a Genarac dealer. Also does island work. 603.534.4400

Marauder 11-15-2017 12:31 PM

Generac

I had Deyab Electric from Ossipee, Bobby did an amazing job, love my 20KW Generac! Tel # 603-944-8181.
Good Luck!

Sue Doe-Nym 11-15-2017 01:07 PM

Bobby installed a Generac for us recently and recommend him.

joey2665 11-15-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marauder (Post 287686)
I had Deyab Electric from Ossipee, Bobby did an amazing job, love my 20KW Generac! Tel # 603-944-8181.
Good Luck!

I had the same generator installed, just wondering what you paid?

sum-r breeze 11-15-2017 03:31 PM

Nuwave

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 287609)
Is a Genarac dealer. Also does island work. 603.534.4400

I had them do mine, they were excellent

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back

NH.Solar 11-17-2017 08:25 AM

Solar and energy storage as an alternative...

A little off topic, but it may be a better solution. A Storedge/10 kWh LG battery combination will give you free electricity all summer long and backup power when the grid is down. No more worrying about your island dock circulator when the ice is too dangerous for the Co-op to get out and restore power, no fuel required, and no maintenance costs. Yo do of course need a good southern exposure and are limited to about 30 amps of essential loads. Starting cost for a simple roof mounted on island system would be just over $26K gross, and around $18K net after the 30% tax credit.
Here is a link for a great short video on how the system works; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6wglt9oCEA

Biggd 11-17-2017 08:38 AM

I just got the latest catalog from NorthTool.com and they have good prices on Generac generators.
Of course if you bought it through them you would have to sub contract your own installers but you would save thousands of dollars.

joey2665 11-17-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 287761)
I just got the latest catalog from NorthTool.com and they have good prices on Generac generators.

Love Northern Tool great prices and customer service especially on large items like generators, lawn mowers, snow blowers etc.

brk-lnt 11-17-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH.Solar (Post 287760)
A little off topic, but it may be a better solution. A Storedge/10 kWh LG battery combination will give you free electricity all summer long and backup power when the grid is down. No more worrying about your island dock circulator when the ice is too dangerous for the Co-op to get out and restore power, no fuel required, and no maintenance costs. Yo do of course need a good southern exposure and are limited to about 30 amps of essential loads. Starting cost for a simple roof mounted on island system would be just over $26K gross, and around $18K net after the 30% tax credit.
Here is a link for a great short video on how the system works; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6wglt9oCEA

Which is about 3 times the price, and 1/2 the output of a 20Kw generator.

NH.Solar 11-17-2017 02:10 PM

The solar system is going to save about $1,200 a year in utility billing, add to the value of the home, and last for forty plus years with minimal if any maintenance. A generator is admittedly a cheaper short term solution but can offer only costs going forward.

Joebon 11-17-2017 05:56 PM

How do you keep the snow off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH.Solar 11-19-2017 08:20 AM

First off Joebon, remember that a solar array generally faces southward and has full exposure to the sun.
Second the array will generally be pitched, 35 degrees (about a 9/12 pitch) is optimal for year round production but most roof pitches work well enough. A shallower pitch, say a 5/12, could prove to be better for a summer home because it optimizes the summer production while still providing an adequate gain for winter (and the critically important dock circulators!).
Third solar modules have a slick surface and snow slides right off.

brk-lnt 11-20-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH.Solar (Post 287795)
The solar system is going to save about $1,200 a year in utility billing, add to the value of the home, and last for forty plus years with minimal if any maintenance. A generator is admittedly a cheaper short term solution but can offer only costs going forward.

What solar systems are you selling that have a 40 year output guarantee? That is pretty rare, most of what I am seeing is 20-25 years for 85% (or greater) output.

The $1200 in utility savings, if realized, still has a 10 year ROI, even after discounting for what a generator would likely cost (~$5K installed).

Both systems would add value to the house, proportionate to their acquisition prices.

If you have electric heat, or worry that you might need to rely on any form of electric heat during storms and outages, I think a 10Kw solar system would be VERY undersized, unless you are willing to heat only a small area to "survival" temps instead of "comfort" temps.

dt5150 11-29-2017 01:57 PM

the generator connection did our whole-house kohler generator a few years ago. very pleased with their work as well as the generator.

ishoot308 11-29-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dt5150 (Post 288190)
the generator connection did our whole-house kohler generator a few years ago. very pleased with their work as well as the generator.

Generator Connection did mine too a number of years ago. Cant say enough good about them! Their service after the sale is second to none! Great company!

Dan

Whimsey 11-30-2017 09:37 AM

Another vote for Generator Connection

We also used the Generator Connection for installation and annual service. Highly recommend.

StevenGilford 12-29-2017 05:23 PM

Generac generator dealer

My friend Jeff is a Master Electrician, we currently have him installing a whole house Briggs and Stratton generator for us. His work is excellent - Winchell Electric *+1 (603) 630-6941‬ if you want him to come take a look!

SAB1 12-29-2017 08:04 PM

Also did mine with generator connection. They handled it soup to nuts and a good price.

T.H.E. Binz 01-01-2018 02:40 PM

Moriarty Electric

Moriarty Electric does a great job maintaining my Generac. They receive the same emails that I do regarding changes in the status of the unit and can react accordingly.

meredith weekender 01-01-2018 05:39 PM

Ryan Carrier from Carrier Electric in Loudon offers turnkey installations and full warranties. He will be installing a 22Kw unit for us at our primary residence and if all goes well we will be having him install a unit in Meredith for us as well. There are a lot of people that install the units but the key is a turnkey project with a warranty.

DickR 01-01-2018 06:25 PM

It seems that the two most often referenced standby generators are Generac and Kohler. A couple of years ago I looked at both and finally picked a 14KW Kohler. What tipped the scales for me was that the Kohler unit has hydraulic valve lifters, whereas the Generac has solid lifters, requiring (by the manual) checking of valve clearances as part of annual maintenance. So I opted for the simpler annual maintenance, an easy DIY oil & filter change.

I bought my own generator online, had the propane supplier put in the tank it needed, and had my own electrician wire it up. I had sought installation from a couple of the area "authorized dealers," but one declined to handle a unit provided by the homeowner and suggested the other might do it. As it turned out, the inlet valve needed replacement, and I called in that second dealer to do the work, who replaced the valve (under warranty, of course), registered the unit for me, and verified proper operation. Guess who will get any repair work needed in the future. However, all things considered, if I had to do it all over, I might well have had a dealer get the unit and install it, turnkey.

Since it has been in service, we have needed it a few times, and having that has been wonderful. That size (14 KW) let me install the transfer switch as "service entrance," so that the whole house is covered rather than selected services. During an outage, most of the time the generator is loafing, and we don't have to be too concerned about what we use. The biggest draw is the hot water heater (4.5 KW). The heating system (GSHP) draws only 1.7 KW, and the handful of other draws at any time don't add up to a lot. During an extended outage, we could if needed just turn off the breaker to the hot water heater in order to have other things run, then turn it back on to recover when we are done doing other things.

Blstr88 02-01-2018 05:56 AM

I would highly recommend NOT using Moriarty Electric...they "absorbed" Mike Seavey of K&M Generator a year or two ago and Mike Seavey is a total sleaze. Long story short, the guy was a pain to work with but eventually did get my genny installed...a year later I had someone else do the maintenance on it only to find out Mike screwed me on some parts of the install. Moriarty would do nothing at all to help make it right.

I would recommend Deyab Electric though. He does the maintenance on my unit now and have had good experiences with him.

MDoug 02-01-2018 06:57 AM

Generator Maintenance

We are on Bear Island and would like maintenance check on our Generac. Anyone available?