Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Vaccinations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26664)

SailinAway 04-05-2021 05:28 PM

Schedule for 2nd Pfizer dose

CDC: "You should get your second shot as close to the recommended [Pfizer] 3-week or [Moderna] 4-week interval as possible. However, your second dose may be given up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose, if necessary. You should not get the second dose early. ​There is currently limited information on the effectiveness of receiving your second shot earlier than recommended or later than 6 weeks after the first shot."

In Plymouth they scheduled my 2nd Pfizer dose exactly 4 weeks after the 1st dose, even though there are earlier appointments available. Walgreens was chastised by the CDC for the same practice and they stopped doing it. I wonder why the Plymouth site is doing this. I'm not saying any harm was done, I'm just wondering why they wouldn't follow the recommended interval.

jeffk 04-05-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinAway (Post 353269)

CDC: "You should get your second shot as close to the recommended [Pfizer] 3-week or [Moderna] 4-week interval as possible. However, your second dose may be given up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose, if necessary. You should not get the second dose early. ​There is currently limited information on the effectiveness of receiving your second shot earlier than recommended or later than 6 weeks after the first shot."

In Plymouth they scheduled my 2nd Pfizer dose exactly 4 weeks after the 1st dose, even though there are earlier appointments available. Walgreens was chastised by the CDC for the same practice and they stopped doing it. I wonder why the Plymouth site is doing this. I'm not saying any harm was done, I'm just wondering why they wouldn't follow the recommended interval.

My bet it that it is purely logistics. When they give people either Pfizer or Moderna, they schedule the 2nd shot 4 weeks out. If they didn't do this, Pfizer 2nd doses at 3 weeks would start happening at the same time as Moderna 2nd doses at 4 week intervals. They don't have the facility space or staff to do double duty. Since it doesn't seem that the time window is critical at 3 weeks, it's just a lot easier to do it this way.

winniplayhouse 04-05-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailinAway (Post 353269)

It's not just the Plymouth site. Belmont is doing it too and as far as I'm aware all the state-run sites. You can go into your VINI account and change it if you'd like. WARNING: I had a family member linked to my account and when they scheduled the second doses in Plymouth they "unlinked" us which meant when I changed my second dose appointment it did not change my family member's appointment and I had no way to access their appointment as my +1 (I can see all their personal info on my account but not their appointment info). One hour on hold with 211 later and they were able to change that appointment. It was a little annoying just because of dealing with the +1 but other than that, super easy to change the second dose to closer to 3 weeks (for Pfizer) if you would like to.

FlyingScot 04-05-2021 11:42 PM

Boston

Got my second Pfizer dose today at the Hynes in Boston. It was awesome! Something like 90 stations doing 7,000/day. Super efficient, well-run operation, including a bunch of military. From the time I entered the Pru Center parking garage (free parking!) to the time I left the 15-minute observation area, it was exactly 30 minutes. So that's only about ten minutes actual processing time at the vax site.

Highly recommended for anyone in Eastern Mass.

It was a great reminder of why we're a great country.

SailinAway 04-07-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 353272)
My bet it that it is purely logistics. When they give people either Pfizer or Moderna, they schedule the 2nd shot 4 weeks out. If they didn't do this, Pfizer 2nd doses at 3 weeks would start happening at the same time as Moderna 2nd doses at 4 week intervals. They don't have the facility space or staff to do double duty. Since it doesn't seem that the time window is critical at 3 weeks, it's just a lot easier to do it this way.

That is exactly what Walgreen's claimed, and why they were reprimanded by the CDC and have now changed that practice.

WinnisquamZ 04-08-2021 06:16 PM

Happy to hear non NH residents after the 19th can schedule a vaccine here in NH. Good business perk for summer help hires and out of state residents here for the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TiltonBB 04-14-2021 06:20 AM

Sununu on Friday threw the door wide open for any eligible individual, regardless of residency, to sign up for a shot.

“New Hampshire’s vaccine rollout is moving at an incredible pace, and we are incredibly proud of the fact that our success allows the state to offer the vaccine to any person from anywhere beginning on April 19,” Sununu said in a statement. “New Hampshire is getting the job done.”

CDC data as of April 10 indicates that New Hampshire did lead the nation in the percentage of COVID-19 vaccinations administered, almost 92% of the doses received.

gillygirl 04-16-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 353725)
This should make the summer even busier!

There’s plenty of unused vaccines in every state. No need to travel for it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...regions-resist

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Kamper 04-17-2021 06:19 AM

Covid hack:

My wife had the virus. Had a nasty reaction to her first shot (Moderna). Then had the same issues after her second shot.

While looking for something else, we found a package of left-over Lidocaine patches. She put one on her arm and felt a lot of site relief. We probably should have gotten professional advice first but did not think about it.

Anyone who hasn't been to a shooting gallery yet, might want to inquire about using this product, when they get vaccinated.

Good luck!

TiltonBB 04-17-2021 06:32 AM

I had both shots. Moderna. No reaction at all. No site soreness, nothing.

I am glad I didn't get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine!

swnoel 04-17-2021 09:45 AM

I got the first Moderna Thursday... no reaction and very little soreness in the injection site.

erk 04-17-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 353777)
I had both shots. Moderna. No reaction at all. No site soreness, nothing.

I am glad I didn't get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine!

You're in more danger from blood clots by living a sedentary lifestyle, smoking, drinking, being overweight, being on birth control than you are from having the
J & J vaccine. Facts

TheTimeTraveler 04-17-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erk (Post 353792)
You're in more danger from blood clots by living a sedentary lifestyle, smoking, drinking, being overweight, being on birth control than you are from having the
J & J vaccine. Facts

I could be wrong, but I don't think we have to worry about TiltonBB being on any birth control ;)

TiltonBB 04-17-2021 01:22 PM

OK No Birth Control!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by erk (Post 353792)
J & J vaccine. Facts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 353793)
I could be wrong, but I don't think we have to worry about TiltonBB being on any birth control ;)

You would be right! But, I can't say I am not guilty of ALL of those vices. Hey, I'm no saint!

WinnisquamZ 04-23-2021 09:54 AM

From the AP.

https://www.wmur.com/article/demand-...doses/36205502

SailinAway 04-23-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tummyman (Post 349579)
For those who have already gotten a shot, please pass on he following:

Where did you get the "shot" ?

What vaccine did you get ?

What info did you get about the second "shot" and how do you schedule that appointment?

This info would be really appreciated. And folks, keep sending along your input as it will help us all.

We are scheduled for Feb.2 in Plymouth at the Nat'l Guard Armory.

I had Pfizer in Plymouth. For Plymouth I recommend making sure that your second appointment is for the recommended 21 days rather than one month. You will need to say that to them before you get the shot, because they make the appointment simultaneous with the shot. Walgreen's was reprimanded by the CDC for schedule the second appointment at one month "because it was easier." Bring a book or a newspaper because it took me an hour and a half to get from the entrance to the vaccination station---long wait in your car, moving at a snail's pace.

SailinAway 04-24-2021 08:39 PM

Based on good information provided by folks in this forum, since I was at the Belknap Mall today at 4 pm I decided to ask if they had any leftover Pfizer vaccines. They did not, but they told me I could get a SECOND dose with NO APPOINTMENT! I was in and out in 15 minutes.

The mall size is a huge room, the size of a double gym. There weren't more than about 20 people getting vaccinated at 4 pm on Saturday. Seemed like a safe venue if you have to be indoors.

The National Guard folks were very nice, but the one unprofessional thing I did observe was the guy checking my info on his computer at the vaccination table was wearing his mask practically below his mouth. I kept my distance from him. Otherwise a very good experience---much better than the 1.5-hour wait in Plymouth.

hilltopper 05-19-2021 08:11 AM

Frustrating...

My wife was to have a minor procedure at the end of last week which required a COVID test. She tested positive. This was 100 days after an initial infection and 13 days after the second Pfizer shot. The vaccine appears to be working as she had no symptoms and neither did I (if I in fact got it). The positive test was reported to the state and our daughter, who had two negative tests after my wife's positive test, was pulled out of school for 20 days. She was quite upset and had trouble understanding the reasoning. So the lessons learned? Nothing that we haven't been hearing. The major benefit of the vaccine is it protects you from severe symptoms. Can you still get COVID? It appears so. Can you still transmit COVID to others? This one's fuzzy. If you ask the New York Yankees organization (7 coaches recently tested positive weeks after the J&J vaccination) I bet they'd say yes. Again, the unfortunate "victim" in all of this is our daughter. :(. Rant over.

FlyingScot 05-19-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilltopper (Post 355593)
My wife was to have a minor procedure at the end of last week which required a COVID test. She tested positive. This was 100 days after an initial infection and 13 days after the second Pfizer shot. The vaccine appears to be working as she had no symptoms and neither did I (if I in fact got it). The positive test was reported to the state and our daughter, who had two negative tests after my wife's positive test, was pulled out of school for 20 days. She was quite upset and had trouble understanding the reasoning. So the lessons learned? Nothing that we haven't been hearing. The major benefit of the vaccine is it protects you from severe symptoms. Can you still get COVID? It appears so. Can you still transmit COVID to others? This one's fuzzy. If you ask the New York Yankees organization (7 coaches recently tested positive weeks after the J&J vaccination) I bet they'd say yes. Again, the unfortunate "victim" in all of this is our daughter. :(. Rant over.

Very interesting. Your wife was infected months (70 days or so?) before her first covid shot, and then was either infected a second time or the first infection never went away?

Newbiesaukee 05-19-2021 08:59 AM

Hilltopper, your rant is noted and justified.

Two comments...your wife’s test could have been a “false positive,” less likely with PCR test but possible. And the jury is still out on the transmissability after after vaccination; although some data suggests it is less so. Your daughters school policy seems a bit harsh, but there is still a lot we don’t know.

Flying...if the tests were antibody tests, then the wife’s positive tests do not necessarily mean she was either infected a second time or the first infection did not go away. Less likely but possible even with PCR tests. Some stuff is still not known.

hilltopper 05-19-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 355595)
Very interesting. Your wife was infected months (70 days or so?) before her first covid shot, and then was either infected a second time or the first infection never went away?

My wife had tested positive 100 days ago, prior to any vaccination. My daughter also tested positive 100 days ago. I did not get a test...I didn't see the need...I just quarantined with my ladies. We all had the symptoms, although minor. We all lost our sense of taste and smell for a while.

I have to believe my wife was infected a second time. Her positive test last week was a PCR test. Everything I've read indicates false positives are quite uncommon, both in the rapid and PCR tests. Rapid test false negatives seem to be much more common.

It is interesting that my daughter tested negative this time around. My wife has not been isolating within the house in any way. We didn't see the need. As I said, minor symptoms for all of us the first time around and my wife and I had our two shots at the same time (I'm younger...I was her plus one and we received both shots together). I would think my daughter would have gotten it this time around unless, as you said, my wife's first infection never went away (never heard of that happening?).

Still so many unknowns......

trfour 05-21-2021 01:25 PM

Three Words of Truth

Here they are; https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

WinnisquamZ 05-25-2021 05:08 PM

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ation/2494534/

TheTimeTraveler 05-25-2021 05:13 PM

Anyone making appointments anymore for the Vaccine or is it now all "walk up" service?

I've heard there's plenty of Vaccine now to go around, and Doctor's Offices are also now beginning to administer them.

steve-on-mark 05-25-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 356038)
Anyone making appointments anymore for the Vaccine or is it now all "walk up" service?

I've heard there's plenty of Vaccine now to go around, and Doctor's Offices are also now beginning to administer them.

From what i understand it's all walk in now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

trfour 06-12-2021 01:12 PM

Should you get the shots?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-they-n1270482

Newbiesaukee 06-14-2021 08:05 AM

Somebody must know something.

FYI

According to the AMA 96% of practicing physicians are fully vaccinated.

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-cente...ainst-covid-19

ApS 06-17-2021 05:27 AM

Whatever...Don't Call It the "India-Variant"...

I was reading that 96% of Ophthalmologists have been vaccinated; however, responses to the inquiries of Ophthalmologists were less than 10%.

News from NBC, during BikeWeek:

"Health experts are urging vaccinated people to get tested for coronavirus, even for the most mild symptoms, as breakthrough infections continue to be reported.

"More than 500 fully vaccinated people tested positive for coronavirus in Massachusetts in under three weeks, according to recent state data.

"As of June 5, there were 3,641 cases of COVID-19 among 3,500,011 fully vaccinated people in Massachusetts, according to the Department of Public Health. That's 558 more cases than the reported 3,083 fully vaccinated people who had tested positive as of May 17, first reported by MassLive.

"More than 3,000 people in Massachusetts tested positive for coronavirus two weeks after getting the vaccine as of 11 days ago, according to state data reported by MassLive...

"...In fact, the more contagious Delta COVID-19 variant, first identified in India, has been in Massachusetts for weeks now and is steadily rising. Experts say the Delta variant is more contagious and may be associated with a higher risk of hospitalization than the original "wild type" COVID-19 strain."

WHO:
Greek alphabet now in use for variants...
Delta=India

:rolleye1:

FlyingScot 06-17-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 357166)
I was reading that 96% of Ophthalmologists have been vaccinated; however, responses to the inquiries of Ophthalmologists were less than 10%.

"Health experts are urging vaccinated people to get tested for coronavirus, even for the most mild symptoms, as breakthrough infections continue to be reported.

"More than 500 fully vaccinated people tested positive for coronavirus in Massachusetts in under three weeks, according to recent state data.

"As of June 5, there were 3,641 cases of COVID-19 among 3,500,011 fully vaccinated people in Massachusetts, according to the Department of Public Health. That's 558 more cases than the reported 3,083 fully vaccinated people who had tested positive as of May 17, first reported by MassLive.

"More than 3,000 people in Massachusetts tested positive for coronavirus two weeks after getting the vaccine as of 11 days ago, according to state data reported by MassLive...

"...In fact, the more contagious Delta COVID-19 variant, first identified in India, has been in Massachusetts for weeks now and is steadily rising. Experts say the Delta variant is more contagious and may be associated with a higher risk of hospitalization than the original "wild type" COVID-19 strain."

WHO:
Delta=India

How can you still be pedaling this stuff?

First, even the most resistant of states have now vaccinated close to 50%. So if you really think that only 10% of ophthalmologists are vaccinated...or if you somehow think ophthalmologists are more significant that plumbers, lawyers, or fortune tellers in this regard, there's probably no reasoning with you

Second, even if the numbers you cite for breakthrough cases are correct, we're talking about less than 1 in 1,000. The vaccines are a huge success.

Third, the Delta variant is a great reason for people to go get jabbed!

Newbiesaukee 06-17-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 357166)

WHO:
Delta=India

Even if everything you quote is true….what’s your point? None of this is striking or unexpected.

It is a personal decision; but it makes sense to get vaccinated from a medical point of view for the individual and general public health.

ApS 06-25-2021 08:35 PM

Typically Long-Winded...Will Read the Rest Later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 357175)
How can you still be pedaling this stuff?

First, even the most resistant of states have now vaccinated close to 50%. So if you really think that only 10% of ophthalmologists are vaccinated...or if you somehow think ophthalmologists are more significant that plumbers, lawyers, or fortune tellers in this regard, there's probably no reasoning with you

Second, even if the numbers you cite for breakthrough cases are correct, we're talking about less than 1 in 1,000. The vaccines are a huge success.

Third, the Delta variant is a great reason for people to go get jabbed!

1) It's not that 10% of the ophthalmoloists were vaccinated: Only 10% responded.

2) As to the inoculation, I had the Johnson & Johnson one-shot maybe a month ago: no difference in my daily life.

3) But because the Delta variant appeared in a neighboring state (Massachusetts), wouldn't it have been prudent to delay Bike Week to later in the season?

4) I'm reminded of a neighbor who would say,

Neighbor: "That's a debunked conspiracy theory, and preposterous!"

Me: "I have documentation. What sources will you accept"?

Neighbor: "I'll accept documentation from The Washington Post, The New York Times or NPR".

5) We had to wait months, but The New York Times now comes out with their lengthy opinion to control what they had earlier denied—expressing "a debunked 'conspiracy theory'"—thereby creating a new Ministry of Truth narrative.

The new disclosures (and link) follow:

Quote:

"Later, the W.H.O. team asked for more information about the earliest Covid-19 cases in Wuhan, including anonymized but detailed patient data — something that should be standard in any outbreak origin investigationand were denied access"...
https://web.archive.org/web/20210625...virus-lab.html

trfour 06-28-2021 06:15 PM

News, watch where you travel!

Not over... https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

trfour 07-08-2021 12:55 PM

Over 4 million Dead:

Bad News, https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ainst-n1273114

trfour 07-09-2021 09:04 AM

Not over...

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-shot-n1273342

ApS 07-09-2021 11:01 AM

Via Australia...Two Minutes of Revelations

Wading through it for you, "Cliff Notes" version starts at 10:00.

Vaccinated Americans censored at Facebook! :eek: 11:00 Full disclosure of negative vaccine effects kept silent--"deflected"...

Developer of vaccine (Dr. Robert Malone) unhappy with FDA responses to his advisories via manuscripts.

https://youtu.be/Du2wm5nhTXY

Never seen before (fatality):
https://freewestmedia.com/2021/06/27...ing-like-this/

trfour 07-13-2021 01:21 PM

The Truth Is...

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...ation-rcna1393

joey2665 07-13-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfour (Post 358492)

Tik Tok is not worse than any other news outlet or App, including NBC. They are all here to push their agendas and increase use and viewership all for advertising dollars. I do not trust any of them

John Mercier 07-13-2021 01:56 PM

Isn't TikTok a social network, and not a news outlet?
Though this has been a bit ''loose'' in the modern times, I believe that social networks are not responsible for content like a news outlet is.

trfour 07-13-2021 01:56 PM

The Truth...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp

FlyingScot 07-15-2021 08:34 PM

6 Yankees Test Positive

So you've got millions of dollars riding on your ability to perform at absolutely peak levels mentally and physically every day, your job includes traveling all over the country and coming into contact with all sorts of people, and you're still not vaxxed? Unbelievable (or maybe not...)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/...tive-covid-19/