Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bernini’s? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27642)

Overlake97 12-07-2021 07:31 PM

Bernini’s?

What’s going on with Bernini’s (in Pizza Hut/Faro Express building)? A few days ago I noticed three (3) Google reviews, all very new, but they still have the Opening Soon sign out front. Also, on one recent night their parking lot was full, yet it looked dark inside. :confused:

baygo 12-08-2021 10:33 AM

Great news to learn of some activity. I hope they are open Monday or Tuesday.

There is a menu in their website https://www.bernini-pizzeria.com/

Billy Bob 12-08-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 365045)
Great news to learn of some activity. I hope they are open Monday or Tuesday.

There is a menu in their website https://www.bernini-pizzeria.com/

Did you see the prices. Won’t make it to spring

thinkxingu 12-08-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 365062)

Holy smokes, that's big money! I'm not sure they could ever make that place nice enough to justify that, but I guess we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joey2665 12-08-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob (Post 365062)

Let’s see what the food and service is like before you cast them away. It’s looks to be a very nice menu and if the food lives up to or exceeds expectations than the pricing won’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

8gv 12-08-2021 10:30 PM

While driving by the restaurant several times a day for months, I have often wondered "Where will they get their employees?"

During the busy season it's hard to find any employable people.

This time of year it might be easier but one might assume that savvy business owners retain their most capable employees year round.

Getting them to jump ship and risk trying out a new employer likely takes a lot of dough.

The linked website doesn't work for me so I cannot comment on the prices but I am not surprised to hear the characterized as high.

A business needs to make payroll and these days that's a big nut to crack!

SteveO123 12-09-2021 07:27 AM

Bernini’s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 365063)
Holy smokes, that's big money! I'm not sure they could ever make that place nice enough to justify that, but I guess we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And I hope that they have done a lot of work inside the building to make it look less like a former Pizza Hut! I always thought I was at Hut when I was at Faro Express…

I wish them well but I am dubious about their business plan for the place. (Prices, location, decor, etc)

WinnisquamZ 12-09-2021 10:33 AM

Agree. It still looks like a Pizza Hut. Funny how we still see it that way

Overlake97 12-24-2021 12:34 PM

Bernini’s is now open

Has anyone been there? What did you think? There are about 9 reviews on Google, but all seem short and cookie-cutter positive. The lone review on Yelp reads like a two sentence magazine description.

LoveLakeLife 12-24-2021 02:30 PM

I went there last weekend as a walk-in at 5:30. All the tables were empty except 6 people at two tables. I wasn’t seated because they were all reserved for 6:00 and after. I went a few doors down instead and got a meatball sub at Lakeside. Their tomato sauce is sweet so the meatball subs are great there.

Cal-to-NH 01-16-2022 08:19 AM

The reviews may be for the other Bernini's Near Fratellos

The website is referencing the Bernini's near Lakeport and I wonder if that's where the Reviews are referencing maybe? I haven't seen the sign on the old Faro but I agree that if it's a second Bernini you better show up for some great food, but a nice balance in your checking account! :laugh:

WinnisquamZ 01-16-2022 09:45 AM

Also, stopped in for dinner around 4. Open sitting, bar was closed as the bartender was out sick. Enjoyed the experience. Staff was kind and food was excellent. Prices reasonable

baygo 02-25-2022 02:19 PM

Fantastic meal

2 Attachment(s)
We had a fantastic meal at Bernini’s last night. 7 people at the table and all were impressed. I had as photo represented below; mouth watering memories of Limoncello Shrimp (ate one before photo), A very fresh house salad with a generous portion of feta cheese to enhance the optional blue cheese dressing. My entree was the Chicken Marcella on angel hair pasta. As good as any I’ve ever had. All enjoyed while sipping Dancing Rabbit on the rocks.

codeman671 09-11-2023 10:11 AM

We finally got a chance to try Bernini's last night. We were headed out for an early dinner and decided to call to see if there were any open bar seats for 2, which there were.

It was actually very quiet, the bar had a few seats open but the rest cleared out soon after we arrived. We found out a bit later that the restaurant was mostly reserved for a large party. The owner Brie's sister got married on Saturday, so a large group of family and friends came in.

The food was great! Jumbo shrimp cocktail, Tomato and Burrata salad and a side of meatballs were all spot on. The garlic knots soaked in butter are awesome.

For dinner we decided to split a chicken alfredo and opted to add filet. I figured it was going to be some sliced up filet in it, but it turns out it was an actual filet on the side. At least a 6oz, if not bigger. Everything was fantastic.
We definitely over-ordered a bit. :laugh:

As long as we can get in, this will definitely become a regular spot for us.

Biggd 09-11-2023 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 387718)
We finally got a chance to try Bernini's last night. We were headed out for an early dinner and decided to call to see if there were any open bar seats for 2, which there were.

It was actually very quiet, the bar had a few seats open but the rest cleared out soon after we arrived. We found out a bit later that the restaurant was mostly reserved for a large party. The owner Brie's sister got married on Saturday, so a large group of family and friends came in.

The food was great! Jumbo shrimp cocktail, Tomato and Burrata salad and a side of meatballs were all spot on. The garlic knots soaked in butter are awesome.

For dinner we decided to split a chicken alfredo and opted to add filet. I figured it was going to be some sliced up filet in it, but it turns out it was an actual filet on the side. At least a 6oz, if not bigger. Everything was fantastic.

Been there a half dozen times, never disappointed!

ishoot308 09-11-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 387718)

Yup!...Been there a few times now and its always good / great!...A little loud inside but the food more than makes up for it!

Dan

Dad207 09-16-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 387722)
Yup!...Been there a few times now and its always good / great!...A little loud inside but the food more than makes up for it!

Had a good meal there this summer, staff and host very attentive. Noise is a real issue there-- it was, at times, hard to maintain a conversation. Will go back in the winter, when it may be, perhaps, a bit quieter.

WinnisquamZ 09-16-2023 03:01 PM

Is it music and TV volume or just conversation? I never understood the whole loud music need

Biggd 09-16-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 387882)
Is it music and TV volume or just conversation? I never understood the whole loud music need

When I've been there it's mostly been loud conversation, everyone having a good time. The place is small so it gets very noisy but the meal is worth it.

WinnisquamZ 09-16-2023 04:42 PM

The one place I hear nothing but good things about. Have drove through a few times and sent the wife in, but it’s always busy. Will try harder or wait till later in the evening

Dad207 09-16-2023 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 387882)

Mostly hard surfaces, reflecting talk and kitchen/bar noise.

Biggd 09-17-2023 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 387884)
The one place I hear nothing but good things about. Have drove through a few times and sent the wife in, but it’s always busy. Will try harder or wait till later in the evening

Tables are usually all reserved but if you're lucky you might score seats at the bar.