Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   subcrazy (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18164)

nahgem521 08-28-2014 09:48 PM

subcrazy

What are people's thoughts on subcrazy in Meredith?

Bumble2249 08-28-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nahgem521 (Post 232275)
What are people's thoughts on subcrazy in Meredith?

Not bad. High quality cold cuts at least! Wish they had hot sub options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WakeboardMom 08-29-2014 09:15 AM

My son and husband enjoyed the signature chicken sub (I forget the name)> I've had two great lobster rolls. They don't have "chicken Caesar" on the menu, but made one for my daughter upon her request.

Employees are cheerful.

One of the times I went there I had intended to go to Lakeside Deli to pick up some things for tailgating at Meadowbrook. I called at 5:05 and there was no answer. Thinking they were too busy to answer the phone, I called back 5 minutes later and was informed, "We're closing early tonight." They closed at 5 on a Thursday night that posted hours were supposed to be until 8. This isn't the first time this has happened; but that particular night I sat in a ton of traffic in Meredith. My guess is Sub Crazy may reap some benefit from other places having irregular hours.

And the subs were very good.

wifi 08-29-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeboardMom (Post 232295)
...My guess is Sub Crazy may reap some benefit from other places having irregular hours.....

Former location of Subway, might get some of unaware homing pigeons returning as well

chefbrown 08-29-2014 10:58 AM

Hi Wakeboard Mom,

This is Annie, Chef Jeff's Wife & co owner of Lakeside Deli & Grille. Our current hours are Monday thru Thursday 11 am to 4 pm & Fri & Sat 11 to 8 & Sunday 11 to 4. As many of our loyal customers know we care a great deal about the quality of food we serve & service we provide. With this being our 3rd summer in business we have had many requests to do off site catering. These opportunities are beneficial for our business ( and our family) Unfortunately, staffing has been a huge hurdle for us this year. From what I have heard after speaking to other local business owners, its been a problem for them as well. With that being said we had made several catering commitments that took Jeff & I off site & we were left with no one to provide the quality & service that we pride ourselves on. If Sub Crazy or Subway can provide that for you, great, we like to see all other local business' do well! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

WakeboardMom 08-29-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefbrown (Post 232309)
Hi Wakeboard Mom,

This is Annie, Chef Jeff's Wife & co owner of Lakeside Deli & Grille. Our current hours are Monday thru Thursday 11 am to 4 pm & Fri & Sat 11 to 8 & Sunday 11 to 4. As many of our loyal customers know we care a great deal about the quality of food we serve & service we provide. With this being our 3rd summer in business we have had many requests to do off site catering. These opportunities are beneficial for our business ( and our family) Unfortunately, staffing has been a huge hurdle for us this year. From what I have heard after speaking to other local business owners, its been a problem for them as well. With that being said we had made several catering commitments that took Jeff & I off site & we were left with no one to provide the quality & service that we pride ourselves on. If Sub Crazy or Subway can provide that for you, great, we like to see all other local business' do well! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. You enjoy your weekend as well!

Denny Crane 08-29-2014 01:22 PM

Lakeside Deli

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefbrown (Post 232309)
Hi Wakeboard Mom,

I'm impressed with this honest response. I was hoping to read that Annie and Jeff closed early to take some much deserved time off! I don't know how they keep up their pace day in and day out but they've made my family's "must do" list every time we visit. I wouldn't have a problem if they were closed earl. My distant second choice is wine'ing butcher and that's it.
DC

Rusty 08-29-2014 01:59 PM

Sorry to go off topic, but every time I see Member Denny Crane post, it reminds me of Boston Legal.

If I may, here is Denny at his best:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hfc7l1vz2jU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Denny Crane 08-29-2014 02:14 PM

Rusty,
Just what I needed bored at work! LMAO!!!
DC

Pineedles 08-29-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 232320)
Sorry to go off topic, but every time I see Member Denny Crane post, it reminds me of Boston Legal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hfc7l1vz2jU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've never watched the show, although I was a big Cptn. Kirk fan, but that was a funtastical video. Thanks Rusty.:laugh:

Greene's Basin Girl 08-29-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble2249 (Post 232277)
Not bad. High quality cold cuts at least! Wish they had hot sub options.

Last I knew Rosie ( from the former Sam's & Rosie's) and her daughter Megan were working there. I haven't been there recently so I am not sure if they are still employed at the sub shop.

Greene's Basin Girl 08-29-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 232336)
I've never watched the show, although I was a big Cptn. Kirk fan, but that was a funtastical video. Thanks Rusty.:laugh:

Boston Legal was a great show. I miss Denny Crane!

GTO 08-30-2014 12:48 PM

Classic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 232320)

Was one of the best shows on tv

Bumble2249 08-31-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 232342)
Last I knew Rosie ( from the former Sam's & Rosie's) and her daughter Megan were working there. I haven't been there recently so I am not sure if they are still employed at the sub shop.

Yes they are there.

LIforrelaxin 05-02-2022 04:19 PM

So stopped in this past weekend for the first time... Wish I had stopped in sooner, the subs are great.... And lots of meat.... even better they can handle my wife's need for gluten free... She got what was refered to as a sub in a tub, along with a gluten free wrap.... Understandably the wrap can't handle all the meat and fillings that go into a normal sub... so you get all the meat and veggies in a box, then you can fill the wrap yourself, and still have the left over meat and veggies for another meal.....

MeredithMan 05-03-2022 07:17 AM

It's a good, reliable sub shop

...we probably hit it once per month, (except in busy summer season, when we avoid everything). The Mrs and I will always split their chicken salad with cranberries; my son is partial to a large roast beef; my daughter goes for chicken cutlet, bacon, and ranch.

They're not open on Sundays, which can sometimes be a bummer, but I totally get a small family biz needs a day off.

burgerunh 05-03-2022 07:41 AM

Try the meatball parm. You won't be disappointed!

garysanfran 05-03-2022 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love both Sub Crazy and Lakeside Deli and have favorites at each. To clarify, Lakeside will toast or grill most of their sandwiches. Sub Crazy does not.

Sub Crazy also sells a 5#10oz. can of La Fede genuine San Marzano whole plum tomatoes for $9.95. It's the same they use in their sauces.

Sitting in Lakeside's little outdoor area, or on their front porch, during a nice day is always a treat. Sub Crazy is more for to go.

garysanfran 05-03-2022 01:42 PM

After reading this post, I had a need for an Italian sub from Lakeside Deli and a chef salad. Got there around 1:30 (P.M.!). They were closed.

Went to Win'ing Butcher instead.

thinkxingu 07-08-2022 05:29 PM

Ok, so I came to accept Sub Crazy's criminal pricing ($14 for a "large" chicken parm that's a small most other places), but

1. You can't talk to anyone anymore—it's only online ordering

and

2. They forgot to put my sub in our bag tonight!

I was looking forward to tailgating at Meadowbrook tonight but ended up having to spend a fortune on a crappy burger and fries.

AND when I called to see if they could remedy...well, see #1.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

sky's 07-09-2022 08:39 AM

i loved subcrazy but when they went to some automated crap to order a sandwhich and like you said you cant talk to anybody, thats a good bye for me.

garysanfran 07-09-2022 10:19 AM

Just go in and order. A few minutes wait is no big deal.

From a very good source, I've heard that Sub Crazy has been sold and Frog Rock is going away.

fatlazyless 07-09-2022 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky's (Post 372799)
i loved subcrazy but when they went to some automated crap to order a sandwhich and like you said you cant talk to anybody, thats a good bye for me.

....... ditto that ..... we have too much technology, I tells ya!

And, for $5.29 plus the 8.5% NH meals tax, the Market Basket in Plymouth will make you a large roast beef, turkey, Italian, ham, American, or ultimate .... that hits the spot.

Am good to say the sighting of Market Basket male shoppers, doing their food shopping while wearing large hand guns seems to have stopped since one year ago.

News Flash: The $5.29 Ultimate with roast beef, ham, & turkey is in the Market's Kitchen take-out menu but is NOT on the menu board in the store so it's a super-secret submarine! .... :laugh:

thinkxingu 07-09-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 372810)
Just go in and order. A few minutes wait is no big deal.

From a very good source, I've heard that Sub Crazy has been sold and Frog Rock is going away.

It was a 45-minute wait yesterday. We spent five minutes waiting for their online ordering system to work and then waited for ten minutes after driving from Moultonborough Neck (in traffic).

John Mercier 07-09-2022 12:08 PM

Maybe they have too many customers for available staff?

thinkxingu 07-09-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mercier (Post 372828)
Maybe they have too many customers for available staff?

I'm sure that's the issue, which is fine because everyone is in the same situation. That's why we ordered ~25 minutes early.

My problem is that there's no way to know how long the wait will be until after getting the emailed receipt...when it is too late to cancel because, well, there's no one to talk to!