Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Snow Mobile Insurance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4249)

Chris Craft 02-10-2007 09:21 PM

Snow Mobile Insurance

Anyone have any good ideas on who to use? My home owners is a no no they think. I just want liability nothing else.

Jon

Paugus Bay Resident 02-11-2007 09:39 AM

We've always had our sleds insured with State Farm (Mike Testa) in Laconia. Its a separate policy (comprehensive and liability) for each sled. We tie it (boat, house, etc) to a umbrella policy.

Grant 02-11-2007 10:16 AM

If you check the WCYC streaming cam this morning, you'll see some guys who obviously don't care about insurance -- they're "skimming" across the open water in front of the club. Amusing web cam sight #2,376,981...

secondcurve 02-11-2007 11:21 AM

Jon:

Very few insurance companies insure sleds. The one I use is Foremost Insurance Group, Grand Rapids, MI. I think Program Managers is the agent. They can be reached at 1-800-473-0111. I haven't put liability insurance on the sleds the past two years due to the lack of snow; if they don't leave the garage it's tough to get in trouble!

I think the tab for my two sleds was a little less than $500.00 combined, the last time I signed up. You should also consider an umbrella policy as well, they tend to run about $250.00 a million. Let me know how you do.

Rinkerguy 02-11-2007 06:33 PM

Snowmobile Insurance

I have used Allstate for years

Off season, fire/theft runs +/- $75 for two sleds

In season Liability and collision runs $300 for the two sleds

Good luck

eye spy 02-13-2007 11:21 AM

Try Hurt & Forbes have motorcycle with them

MAXUM 02-13-2007 03:30 PM

I use state farm as well. Good thing is that they not only cover your sled in all 50 states (not that you'd use the thing in Florida) but they also cover you in Canada if you choose to go up there. You do have to ask them to send you a Canadian proof of insurance card. Coverage costs of course depend on what your riding, bigger motors in particular will cost more. Full coverage on my '04 2up 550 Poo sets me back $120 a year.

Chris Craft 02-14-2007 02:06 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I have Amica for my Auto's Home and vacation house. They wanted to drop my umbrella because of the boats but I convinced that that it was an acceptable risk (Especially since I did not go out last year even once!!:( ) I do not even want to ask them about the sled as it may toss up all kinds of other red flags. My concern is that who ever gets the sled is going to want everything..... I am VERY happy with Amica to date other then them wanting to drop me.... My father was driving my truck and got hit by a guy. Just based on a phone conversation that we had and a inspection of my truck they paid out the next day!! That is the good side of them....

Jon

DRH 02-14-2007 09:14 AM

Amica

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Craft
Thanks for all the replies. I have Amica for my Auto's Home and vacation house. They wanted to drop my umbrella because of the boats but I convinced that that it was an acceptable risk (Especially since I did not go out last year even once!!:( ) I do not even want to ask them about the sled as it may toss up all kinds of other red flags. My concern is that who ever gets the sled is going to want everything..... I am VERY happy with Amica to date other then them wanting to drop me.... My father was driving my truck and got hit by a guy. Just based on a phone conversation that we had and a inspection of my truck they paid out the next day!! That is the good side of them....

Jon

We have Amica too for all our coverage, except snowmobile insurance. Amica does not offer snowmobile insurance directly, but they are an agent for Progressive Insurance (a/k/a Drive Insurance). We got our snowmobile coverage from Progressive through Amica with no problem.

Chris Craft 02-14-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRH
We have Amica too for all our coverage, except snowmobile insurance. Amica does not offer snowmobile insurance directly, but they are an agent for Progressive Insurance (a/k/a Drive Insurance). We got our snowmobile coverage from Progressive through Amica with no problem.

So should I try and call Amica and tell them that Progressive does? I wonder if I could get Progressive to do the boat as well. I have the boat with Boat US now.

Jon

DRH 02-14-2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Craft
So should I try and call Amica and tell them that Progressive does? I wonder if I could get Progressive to do the boat as well. I have the boat with Boat US now.

Jon

Sure, give Amica a call. The Amica representative I spoke with is the one who told me about their relationship with Progressive. The Amica rep. contacted a Progressive rep. on my behalf, and the Progressive rep. then emailed me directly. I provided all the information for our two snowmobiles (and trailer) to the Progressive rep. via email. The entire process was quite easy.

By the way, why not talk to the Amica rep. about your boat insurance too. We have our boat policy with them.

Chris Craft 02-14-2007 08:00 PM

I have asked them a few times about the boats. They say no way each time. To fast, to much HP for them. They were going to drop my umbrella just for having the boats:rolleye2: :rolleye2:

secondcurve 02-15-2007 07:06 AM

Can folks post some phone numbers for the various agents discussed above? It looks like I am paying too much for my $100,000 & $300,000 coverage.

DRH 02-15-2007 07:43 AM

Amica

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondcurve
Can folks post some phone numbers for the various agents discussed above? It looks like I am paying too much for my $100,000 & $300,000 coverage.

Amica's main phone number in Concord, NH is: 1-800-925-6422.

Chris Craft 02-15-2007 06:41 PM

I also highly recommend Amica. Their rates seem to be MUCH lower then others. When they said that they were going to drop me because of the boats and I started to look around I was amazed. I used the power of numbers with them and that helped. My parents, brothers, cousins....... all have their policies with them...

secondcurve 02-16-2007 09:34 AM

DRH:

Thanks for the lead on Amica. You saved me quite a few bucks. My quote from Foremost was just under $500.00 for two machines and Amica dropped that to $234.00 for the same coverage. THANKS!

DRH 02-16-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

DRH:

Thanks for the lead on Amica. You saved me quite a few bucks. My quote from Foremost was just under $500.00 for two machines and Amica dropped that to $234.00 for the same coverage. THANKS!

Glad it worked out for you. I am assuming that Amica referred you to Progressive Insurance for the sled insurance ... is that correct? Or is Amica writing snowmobile insurance directly now?

secondcurve 02-16-2007 09:51 AM

DRH:

You are correct, they sent me to Progressive. The $234.00 was for liability coverage only at $100,000 & $300,000 limits with $50,000 for personal property damage. I didn't take the medical coverage since everyone who will be riding the machines will have medical insurance. Thanks again.

DRH 02-16-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

DRH:

You are correct, they sent me to Progressive. The $234.00 was for liability coverage only at $100,000 & $300,000 limits with $50,000 for personal property damage. I didn't take the medical coverage since everyone who will be riding the machines will have medical insurance. Thanks again.

I checked our Progressive policy and we have $250,000/$500,000 liability with $100,000 personal property damage, for a total premium (2 sleds) of $258. So if you would like higher coverage limits the additional premium would be small.

secondcurve 02-19-2007 05:18 PM

DRH:

Thanks. I'll look in to the additional coverage, but the bottom line is that Progressive is much cheaper than Foremost.

Cow Man 02-20-2007 09:51 AM

Snowmobile Insurance

The company is American Modern Insurance Group out of Cinci. They also do motorcycles, jet-skis, boats, clasic cars and camps (even on islands). Their local agent is Surplus Line Managers in Goffstown, NH 888-258-1776 and you can get them through most any independent agent as well. (They don't sell direct.)
Most of the carriers mentioned, Amica, Geico, etc., use these guys to "front" for them.

20mile 02-21-2007 09:53 PM

Progressive Drive Insurance "Great service"

I had a little accident and crashed my sled into a tree. I called my insurance company the next day and they sent an adjuster out to view my damage the next day. He called me and agreed to the damage that I had reported. He then sent a check out that day to cover the cost for repairs.

I was delighted withthe service they provided and the professionalism of the adjuster. It really made a bad situation feel OK.