Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wolfeboro Snowmobile Club castle reroute (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22938)

Tom T 01-17-2018 12:41 PM

Wolfeboro Snowmobile Club castle reroute

You’ve all been waiting for this post. Well it’s time.

CASTLE RE-ROUTE WORK PARTY.

When: This Saturday at 0900.
AND this Sunday 0900 if needed.

Where: Castle trailhead parking lot on route 171 just south of Severence Rd.

What: bring yourself and anyone you can drag off the couch.

Why: Because you want to be able to get to the castle trails without relying on lake riding. Please don’t rely on others to carry the weight here. If you have the time please come out. We need LOTS of hands.

How: We will be cutting/trimming brush in some well logged areas and putting up fencing in multiple other areas. We will be trail signing as well. This is a bit more involved than just brushing an existing trail so the more hands the easier it will be and faster it will happen. The goal is to have the trail ready for the excavator to pass through as early as next week.

If all goes well we will have our castle access back well before February gets here. Remember, the last 2 rideable years we weren’t even out on the trails until the last week in January. It’s early still.

Shreddy 01-17-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom T (Post 290046)
You’ve all been waiting for this post. Well it’s time.

CASTLE RE-ROUTE WORK PARTY.

When: This Saturday at 0900.
AND this Sunday 0900 if needed.

Where: Castle trailhead parking lot on route 171 just south of Severence Rd.

What: bring yourself and anyone you can drag off the couch.

Why: Because you want to be able to get to the castle trails without relying on lake riding. Please don’t rely on others to carry the weight here. If you have the time please come out. We need LOTS of hands.

How: We will be cutting/trimming brush in some well logged areas and putting up fencing in multiple other areas. We will be trail signing as well. This is a bit more involved than just brushing an existing trail so the more hands the easier it will be and faster it will happen. The goal is to have the trail ready for the excavator to pass through as early as next week.

If all goes well we will have our castle access back well before February gets here. Remember, the last 2 rideable years we weren’t even out on the trails until the last week in January. It’s early still.

I might be able to make this happen. Any insight for what is needed would be helpful. Appreciate the hard work the clubs do and diligence in securing re-route.

Tom T 01-18-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddy (Post 290051)
I might be able to make this happen. Any insight for what is needed would be helpful. Appreciate the hard work the clubs do and diligence in securing re-route.

We may just need some people to bring loppers, other than that the club will supply everything else. Thanks

ultrarider 01-18-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom T (Post 290061)
We may just need some people to bring loppers, other than that the club will supply everything else. Thanks

Do you need a chainsaw?

Tom T 01-18-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrarider (Post 290065)
Do you need a chainsaw?

The club has 2 but if you are have one another one wont hurt, Thanks

VitaBene 01-18-2018 02:19 PM

Tom, If you need any equipment from the Moultonboro Club, let me know!

Tom T 01-19-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 290071)
Tom, If you need any equipment from the Moultonboro Club, let me know!

Thank you!

ultrarider 01-19-2018 10:39 PM

Now if only a re-route of Corridor 22 that's been cut off by the RR could be found, us south of Rt 171, I could actually get to the new Castle trail!

SAB1 01-22-2018 02:03 AM

How did this project go? Were you able to clear it for the excavator this week?

VitaBene 01-22-2018 09:03 AM

From our friends in Wolfeboro...

Thanks to all who came out to help on Saturday!! The trail is cut and ready to be excavated during this week. Hoping for a big storm after so we can use the trail this winter. A special thanks to the landowner who came out to visit and help roll a few logs.

Winni_Bay 01-22-2018 11:17 AM

Trail

So I'm wondering if this new Trail will connect to the Snack Shack in the power lines to go to Polly's Crossing to go to Ossipee or just go to the Wolfeboro power lines
Thank you
and thanks to the people who volunteered to help with this Trail

ultrarider 01-22-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winni_Bay (Post 290133)
So I'm wondering if this new Trail will connect to the Snack Shack in the power lines to go to Polly's Crossing to go to Ossipee or just go to the Wolfeboro power lines
Thank you
and thanks to the people who volunteered to help with this Trail

I'm guessing it connects to the Snack Shack, where you can continue to Polly's Crossing. If not you still have to cross a lake to get to Castle from the South.

Now, if we can find away around the RR track closing on Corridor 22, so the ones coming from the south can actually get to Polly's Crossing, to be able to get to the Castle.

SAB1 01-22-2018 04:55 PM

If you com off the lake from Melvin bay cross County road and go to the powerline, right goes to Wolfeboro snack shack left goes to the Castle parking lot. That trail to the castle lot was closed last year. It gives access to Moultonboro without running up the lake.

Tom T 01-23-2018 11:05 AM

SAB1 is correct. Excavator was in there yesterday finishing up some work, signs are just about complete we just need snow!

ultrarider 01-23-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom T (Post 290157)
SAB1 is correct. Excavator was in there yesterday finishing up some work, signs are just about complete we just need snow!

We need an Ark!

nightrider 01-23-2018 02:07 PM

an Ark or.......

.....an 800R E-Tec

Randy Owen 10-20-2019 05:43 PM

pier 19 trail

any luck reopening this trail??? i will be living on farm island and would love to see it reopened. interested in joining the club too.

fatlazyless 10-20-2019 07:49 PM

Does Farm Island have real electricity or do you have to use a headlight and a wood stove?

SAB1 10-20-2019 08:08 PM

The trail to the Castle lot was rerouted and functional last season. I have heard the 22 reroute is opening this year.

Randy Owen 11-05-2019 05:47 PM

19 mile bay trail

any luck reopening this trail??

thank you randy owen