Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Highest tree on Tuftonboro neck. (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28608)

bobkatfly 02-09-2023 12:14 PM

Highest tree on Tuftonboro neck.

1 Attachment(s)
Just sprouted up this morning. Kinda limited with my camera's zoom capabilities but you can see the crane. I think it's a Verizon fir.

panther 02-09-2023 01:33 PM

I believe the Verizon Firs are insect resistant!

bobkatfly 02-09-2023 01:35 PM

Yeah. I'm surprised it grew so fast. I thought Verizon firs were really slow.

tis 02-09-2023 02:33 PM

I saw some posts somewhere that Tuftonboro is getting three new towers and the phones aren't working. Will everybody have to buy new phones? Wonder which models will still work. I suppose it's listed somewhere.

Biggd 02-09-2023 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 381147)
I saw some posts somewhere that Tuftonboro is getting three new towers and the phones aren't working. Will everybody have to buy new phones? Wonder which models will still work. I suppose it's listed somewhere.

You will need to buy a fury phone! :D

tis 02-09-2023 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 381149)
You will need to buy a fury phone! :D

As long as it grows fast. :D

ITD 02-09-2023 05:47 PM

But I still don't get 5G.

bobkatfly 02-09-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 381147)

Yes, the one on the Neck, one by the Center Tuftonboro fire station and the last at the DPW. Interesting that you say that as my internet signal has been in and out and slow since yesterday. That's WiFi. Haven't checked wired connection yet.

CowTimes 02-27-2023 08:15 PM

Does anyone know when the new Tuftonboro Neck tower for Verizon will go online? Verizon service to Cow Island has been horrible for years, and this should solve it, hopefully by ice-out!

thinkxingu 02-27-2023 09:25 PM

I hope service on Moultonborough Neck is better this summer, too!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

bobkatfly 02-28-2023 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CowTimes (Post 381548)
Does anyone know when the new Tuftonboro Neck tower for Verizon will go online? Verizon service to Cow Island has been horrible for years, and this should solve it, hopefully by ice-out!

Far as I know the firestation and DPW are online. I've unofficially heard sometime in March for the neck.

Biggd 02-28-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITD (Post 381157)
But I still don't get 5G.

They talked me into upgrading to 5G. I saw no speed difference at all other than my bill being faster.

Skippermark 03-01-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 381558)
They talked me into upgrading to 5G. I saw no speed difference at all other than my bill being faster.

Haha! Isn't that the way it always is? Did they give you a new SIM card? When we upgraded, they said the older 4G cards don't support all the 5G bands, and without it 5G coverage would be slow and "spotty" and some of the fastest bands like Ultra Wide wouldn't work at all.

That said when we first switched, we still mostly had 4G, but now we're noticing 5G in more populated areas and even getting 5GUW sometimes, but I haven't done any speed tests to see if it's actually faster or not because I'm mostly reading things on the web and texting, and the faster speeds aren't really a huge thing for that.

Biggd 03-01-2023 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippermark (Post 381596)
Haha! Isn't that the way it always is? Did they give you a new SIM card? When we upgraded, they said the older 4G cards don't support all the 5G bands, and without it 5G coverage would be slow and "spotty" and some of the fastest bands like Ultra Wide wouldn't work at all.

That said when we first switched, we still mostly had 4G, but now we're noticing 5G in more populated areas and even getting 5GUW sometimes, but I haven't done any speed tests to see if it's actually faster or not because I'm mostly reading things on the web and texting, and the faster speeds aren't really a huge thing for that.

My phone is not that old and already supports 5G so they conned me into upgrading my service to 5G.:(

BroadHopper 03-02-2023 08:17 AM

Nothing here on Winnisquam

Moved here in 2007 from the Nashua area. I had AT&T with great coverage in Nashua. Laconia is not so much so I switched to Verizon. Great CDMA coverage.

CDMA went away and I had great 3G coverage. 4G not so much.

Last fall 3G went away and I have no coverage. Verizon gave me a 5G phone and says I should be all set. No change. They made some setting changes on the phone, and I still have no coverage at home. Just wi-fi calling.

When I travel, the phone switches between no coverage, 4G, and 5G. I know it's working.

Verizon says they are still expanding its networks. I'm waiting. My GF just switched to AT&T and she has a 4G reception at the house. Back to AT&T.

thinkxingu 03-02-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 381606)
Moved here in 2007 from the Nashua area. I had AT&T with great coverage in Nashua. Laconia is not so much so I switched to Verizon. Great CDMA coverage.

CDMA went away and I had great 3G coverage. 4G not so much.

Last fall 3G went away and I have no coverage. Verizon gave me a 5G phone and says I should be all set. No change. They made some setting changes on the phone, and I still have no coverage at home. Just wi-fi calling.

When I travel, the phone switches between no coverage, 4G, and 5G. I know it's working.

Verizon says they are still expanding its networks. I'm waiting. My GF just switched to AT&T and she has a 4G reception at the house. Back to AT&T.

Verizon has been "upgrading their network" in the area for a long time now. We had better luck with AT&T—being able to access the FirstNet network seemed to come in handy during peak times in the summer when Verizon users were at a standstill.

If my wife could get AT&T signal at her school, or if she didn't need access while in her building, we'd still be with them.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk