Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winter Sports (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Skiing Discounts (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11001)

Lucy Goose 10-11-2010 04:24 PM

Skiing Discounts

Okay I know it's a little early for this but I guess because we just put our boat away I am gearing up for the skiing. We just bought a house here in Melvin this past April. I know that Carroll County gets discounts on lift tickets. Can someone tell me where and also how you go about purchasing them? Need a license with your address or what?

Thanks in advance.

Lucy Goose

beaner 10-11-2010 08:52 PM

Bretton Woods offers discount lift tickets to Carroll and Coos County residents on Sunday afternoons. You just present a drivers license at the ticket window. I can't recall exactly what the cost was last year, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than $20. Wildcat and Bretton Woods often seem to have decent skiing before some of the other areas can open for the season due to their proximity to Mt. Washington.

Wildcat will give you a free lift ticket on your birthday if it occurs during ski season.

Lakegeezer 10-12-2010 08:09 AM

Cannon prices up - but still a great midweek deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy Goose (Post 141660)
Okay I know it's a little early for this but...

It is never too early :liplick:

Cannon Mountain have this year's deals posted. http://cannonraw.com/lift_tickets.html

2010-2011 SPECIAL DISCOUNTS & DEALS

Tuesdays & Thursdays 2-for-$67 or 1-for-$42 (find a partner in line!)
*Not valid 12/28/10, 12/30/10, 2/22/11, 2/24/11

NH Resident Wednesdays $35
Every Wednesday, non-holiday, New Hampshire Residents can purchase a lift ticket for just $35!
Proof of NH residency required. One ticket per Wednesday per resident. Not valid: 12/29/10, 2/23/11

fatlazyless 10-12-2010 09:18 AM

Over the weekend, it was announced that Waterville Valley ski area, town square, and conference-concert-party center were all purchased by a local group headed by former Governor John Sununu, sons Chris & John and some other backers for a price that's less than 12-million dollars (?) and should be good for the ski area as old ners, Booth Creek of California had just been coasting along with WV for the last few years. A big bad cold & snowy winter would be helpfull, to double-power up the WV ski area back to its' former mecca as a ski racing event place.

Any ski deals at WV.......check out www.waterville.com.....

It's about a one hour drive from the lakes region to WV so what with all the ski area choices, WV's two-fer Mondays and Fridays are probably one of the better WV ski deals. It lowers a ticket from 68-dollars down to 34-dollars on Monday & Friday slopes that are much less busy than the weekend. In 1993, WV had about 300,000 skiers, and in 2009 WV had about 170,000 skiers.

Whether a day on the slopes is ever ever worth paying the full 68-dollars is an open question?

Shore Driver 10-12-2010 02:17 PM

FLL, that's good news. WV has been neglected and badly needs to keep up with it's longtime competitor, Loon. Local ownership is a good thing.

If they can expand terrain that would help. Probably means the end of the twofers if they do expand :(

no-engine 10-13-2010 07:01 PM

I've skiid WV for years since late 1960's; I've had passes where if they counted, they lost significant money on me - maybe 80 days a season.
They did offer a variety of different passes: Ski-93, and other groups.
It's far too pricey now, regardless of weekday. When I was turning 50, I anticipated discounts, but they were changed to 55, 60, 65, and still nothing except maybe 70, but I am not 70.

Oh well, also there used to be discounts for purchasing tickets off premises, but I have no clue if that happens.

Maybe the Sununu family leaders will create discount programs.

However, personally, I have had so much great skiing in my life, and have been at WV on fantastic weather days with never a wait in line, meaning 4-5 or more round trips an hour. I am very discouraged with the lack of courtesy on the slopes, I'd rather x-c ski on the unused rail tracks. I call the slope activity "road rage" but on slopes. My 2¢ about downhill skiing.

fatlazyless 10-13-2010 07:30 PM

An 84 year old who I know who still skis, has told me that Waterville offers a fulltime season pass to anyone, eighty years old +up for just 25-dollars. How about that!

summersux 10-14-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no-engine (Post 141846)

Oh well, also there used to be discounts for purchasing tickets off premises, but I have no clue if that happens.

Hahaha I forgot all about that, I use to sell those tix at the shop I worked at in Campton. What a pain in the butt, I'm a ski tech not a tix sales person.

no-engine 10-16-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 141848)
An 84 year old who I know who still skis, has told me that Waterville offers a fulltime season pass to anyone, eighty years old +up for just 25-dollars. How about that!

I met an over 80, and thought he said free pass. This fellow lives in Campton/Thornton.
Maybe $25 covers paperwork for the tag? Oh well - certainly minimal.
I still do not like the "road" rage exhibited by thoughtless ones.

fatlazyless 10-16-2010 08:08 PM

2010-2011 Waterville Valley prices

Just checked the prices at www.waterville.com and here they is:

$739 Threedom Limited Edition Pass (no Saturdays, no holidays, not sure about Sundays)

$69 Adult one day rate - all lifts

Monday & Friday are twofer days which means 2/$69, and probably starts on Monday, January 3

OUCHEY OUCH OUCH OUCH........expensive......my.....my......my!

That totally free for cross country skiing, double tracked and groomed 2.3 mile section of the Livermore Rd, starting at Depot Camp (parking) is looking better and better. A lot of people know about it and use it, despite there being absolutely no signs what-so-ever to indicate it even exists as a no-charge, free xc use area. For example, do not expect to see any signs that say "Free XC Ski Trail."

If you do a web search you might be able to find the reason tucked away in the U.S Forest Service, White Mountain National Forest section on Waterville Valley. It's got to do with the Livermore Rd being a dual purpose ski area, cross country trail plus a link to a number of hiking trails and an integral section to the groomed WV $14/day(last year's price) cross country system. Believe me, if there was a way for the WV cross country system to be able to get away with not grooming it, then they would not groom it, but they can't, so they do! It's been this way for an unknown number of years.....like maybe ten or more.....a commercial interest working together under the administrative thumb of the U. S. Forest Service......way-to-go.......U.S. Forest Service thumb!

All sorts of local people from Campton, Thornton, Plymouth, Rumney, Wentworth & Woodstock show up on weekdays because the price for the Depot Camp parking lot and Livermore Rd cross country skiing on a beautifull groomed trail is free. Lots of old wood cross country skis and old woolen knickers on 60 and 70-something skiers. Even maybe an 80-something or two; great grandma and great grandpa out on their woodies & in their woolies along with Barney the Basset Hound.......aaarrrrrroooos!

A WMNF parking pass is needed, otherwise it is three bucks to park, and you can get pinched for $75 if the Forest Service cop catches you without a $20 pass attached to the windshield or a $3 day ticket on top of your dashboard.
For 80 year olds, the WV down hill ski pass has been free except for the $25 to cover administrative costs or something plus a photo ID? Now, what with Gov Sununu in charge, ("it's not a tax, it's a fee!") he'll probably be upping the price for the 80 year olds, no doubt.:D I have no clue?

Lucy Goose 10-16-2010 09:37 PM

Let's start over

Not trying to be rude but this conversation has turned into nothing but Waterville. I am trying to find out what discounts we get at what mountains for living in Carroll County. I know Brettonwoods offers one but wondering if there are others.

Thanks,

Lucy Goose

CL 240 LS 10-17-2010 08:56 AM

Belknap County residents get a deal at Gunstock. I do not know of any deals for Carrol County other than already mentioned Sunday afternoons at Bretton Woods. The best deals are season passes that are discounted for early season purchase. These usually end around mid October. Check with each area and ask, they might make a deal.

Ski NH.com has some deal worth looking into.

HUH 10-17-2010 03:08 PM

Gunstock pass

No more Belknap resident deals..you get a good deal if you buy early, thats it. We got our season passes for 349

no-engine 10-23-2010 01:26 PM

Many areas offer 2-1 and such on certain days of the week, but I do not remember: Gunstock, Wildcat, Canon, Loon, and so on.

AllAbourdon 10-25-2010 08:26 AM

Liftopia usually has some good deals on day passes.

http://www.liftopia.com/

fatlazyless 10-25-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllAbourdon (Post 142616)
Liftopia usually has some good deals on day passes.

http://www.liftopia.com/

That's kinda interesting....thanks for the link...clicked to WV....which has twofer Mondays & Fridays at about 34.50/person as a day ticket full price is 69.

So, with that two-fer deal in mind, the WV-liftopia has all Mon & Fri shown as 'out of stock - check back later,' and Tues =35.99, Wed = 36.99, & Thurs = 34.99.

So's at Waterville Valley on Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri, the list, pay-at-the-ticket-window price is $69, and the two-fer and liftopia price is either 34.50 or 35.99 or 36.99.

No matter what price you pay to ski WV, the main quad chairlift stops about 400 yards below the summit. From 1987-1996 the lift went all the way to the top, and then some ski marketing brainiac working for the then new owner, Booth Creek, decided to lower the lift in an effort to avoid having to close the lift due to high winds. Talk about a MAJOR BLUNDER! What a major blunder that was, and WV is still losing business due to that. First-timers get off the lift up top, and they say; "Hey, what's with this, the summit is up there, and we are down here, and why don't the lift go all the way to the top? Like, why stop the lift here....and we just paid sixty nine dollars for this....and on a crowded Saturday.......the tops up there.....and we is down here! aaarrrgggg!:eek:"

In 1993, WV had a little over 300,000 skier visits, and in 2010 it had about 170,000 skier visits. Does that qualify as a major blunder or what?

VitaBene 10-29-2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy Goose (Post 141660)
Okay I know it's a little early for this but I guess because we just put our boat away I am gearing up for the skiing. We just bought a house here in Melvin this past April. I know that Carroll County gets discounts on lift tickets. Can someone tell me where and also how you go about purchasing them? Need a license with your address or what?

Thanks in advance.

Lucy Goose

Lucy do you live in Melvin Village fulltime (driver's license)? I am not sure if they accept tax bills.

Does anyone know what "resident" mean?

fatlazyless 10-29-2010 09:01 AM

Ski injuries: probably no discounts available. While not about local NH skiing discounts, the prospects of a down hill ski injury is probably something for still-skiing baby boomers to consider.

Are there any discounts for medical services related to ski injuries?

Just watching the black & red, Waterville Valley www.wvpublicsafety.com/ems.htm diesel powered town ambulance, go back & forth between the WV ski area, www.waterville.com and the Speare Memorial Hospital www.spearehospital.com/emergency.html emergency room in Plymouth, about 25-miles away could get one to think that skiing is definately good for local medical businesses such as, www.thealpineclinic.com and others.

As most everyone knows, when down hill skiing one sits on a chairlift for aproximately 10-15 minutes which lets all the muscles in the legs-hips-back areas get just a little bit cold and stiff before getting off at the top. At this point I probably do not need to say much more, as most everybody has already heard the drills for stretching and warming up before taking the downhill plunge which can put hugh leverage on various leg-hip-knee-lower back areas of the human skier anatomy............schuuuuuussss.....straight to the ever-busy Ski Patrol first aid building....ambulance loading area....down below the base lodge....and a five hundred dollar(?) ride to the emergency room.......ouch :confused: !

jr616 11-01-2010 10:03 AM

FROM Gunstock's Website:

Belknap County Residents

Gunstock offers a special deal on Tuesdays to our neighbors in Belknap County. Join the Belknap County Club and ski all day Tuesday for just $25. And that's every Tuesday during the season - no blackout dates. The Belknap County club card is available in the Season Pass Center. Proof of residency is required.

fatlazyless 11-02-2010 07:04 AM

....Team Sununu blow'n snow!

Hey....well.....golly gee willikers...there's at least six snow guns that I can see..... all blow'n snow up top on Waterville Valley - High Country......temp down here is about 32....so temp up there could be about 22-degrees....November 2 and the new Team Sununu is out blow'n snow.....how about that....:):D!!! This probably would not be happening with the old Booth Creek numbers-cruncher from California in charge.

Running a ski area; it's better to run it with your heart, just like Tommy Corcoran used to do, 1966-1994, and not so much with your head, like Booth Creek used to do! Way-to go: Team Sununu!

Chubbs 11-02-2010 07:36 AM

Get out and vote

Today is our chance to take back our country. Let's all get to the polls and make our founding fathers proud. Thanks

Daffodilly 11-04-2010 05:45 PM

Last year Bretton Woods offered Sunday afternoons for $15 per person...a fantastic deal hopefully they will do the same this year too!

fatlazyless 11-05-2010 06:35 AM

Www.gunstock.com has a big ad in today's LaDaSun: Season Pass - $499 for adults ages 18-64, offer expires Nov 7, pays for itself in 7.2 visits, 293-4341

Choices, choices, choices; one can either buy a season pass, or just go ala cart and cherry pick individual days at different areas looking for two-fers and deals such as the March 17-St Patty's Day $17 day, or April 1, one dollar day at WV.

What's out there for now?

Gunstock-(293-4341)-Tuesdays-Belknap County Residents- $25

Bretton Woods-Sunday afternoons-$15

Cannon-Tuesdays & Thursdays- 2/$67, Wednesdays-$35-New Hampshire residents

Waterville Valley- Mondays & Fridays- 2/$69

Where are the deals for Loon, Wildcat, Cranmore, Attitash, & Tenney?

...And, if anyone is looking for tennis, the www.gilfordhills.com (cannot get their website to work much at all.....seems pretty useless?) is not too far from Gunstock and has four indoor courts. Tennis and skiing seem to go together, just because skiing starts with an 's', and tennis starts with a 't'. ........so's this here winter it could be TS! ....... :D

Shore Driver 11-05-2010 09:39 AM

FLL, thanks for posting this.

As for the other ski areas mentioned:

Loon does not do deals from what I've seen. They might have a multi-day discount if you buy online in advance.
Wildcat's deals went away since they got bought by Peaks Resorts a few weeks ago and the word is, they will upgrade snowmaking aggressively. They are offering a Wildcat-Attitash-Crotched pass this year.
Attitash seems to only offer spring deals.
Cranmore just pumped $6 million into the resort on improvements, so deals will be hard to come by there.
And Tenney, from what I've heard, is no longer an operating ski area and is headed for the NELSAP list.

fatlazyless 11-05-2010 05:33 PM

Hey, here's something a little bit interesting. Up on top of Waterville Valley; the new owners, Team Sununu had been running the snow guns up top on High Country for the nights of November 1,2 & 3 and everything was looking very snowy and white up there.

Unfortunately, if you take a look-see at the Mt Tecumseh weather station and web cam, www.thereycenter.org, you can see that almost all, about 95%, of the newly made artificial sno-gun snow got melted and washed away by all the recent rain and warm temperatures.

Too bad, Team Sununu......but your efforts are very much appreciated.....and hopefully you will soon get out there again and fire up those snow guns ASAP-PDQ! ...gotta keep that sno-gun faith alive! .. :rolleye2:

No, wait.....oopsie-doopsie.....I made a mistake here.......and I take it all back.....in look'n at the mountain in the light of day thru the binoculars....it is very plain to see that a big percentage of the snow survived thru the last two days of warm rainy weather....so how about that? ....it just must be that this snow is Sununu Snow....constructed STRICTLY upon the principles of conservative Republican values.....this here Republican snow is snow that does not melt or fade away when exposed to adversity...... regardless the warmth & rain..... this is Sununu Snow!!!

So, look'n at the camshot, that chairlift tower probably belongs to the Sunnyside slopes ....and not the High Country slopes....or something like that.......oh well.....what the heck do I know anyway????:rolleye1:

no-engine 11-06-2010 08:14 AM

High country!!!!!!!!

And this is why originally there was a separate chair for "high country".
Much colder up there. So, no fusses about main lift ending short of summit.
There used to be ski patrol hut and things at that point.
Tom and original partners did it VERY WELL!

fatlazyless 11-06-2010 10:48 AM

Depends on what you call doing very well....Tom & partners did a terrific job in running the downhill ski area which he loved....but ended up losing the mountain in a 1994 Bankruptcy court case when their Golden Eagle condo hotel www.goldeneaglelodge.com drained them dry of available cash. They made a business decision to go through bankruptcy court and to lose the ski mountain, use that cash to satisfy their construction-bankruptcy-plaintiffs, and keep the real estate office and a large number of undeveloped WV residential lots...and that biz is alive and doing very well today... www.wvnh.com. Just like the recent happenings at General Motors, Chrysler, AIG, Bank of America, Citi; the 1993-WV ski business definately could have used a similar bailout for about a year or two to keep it going during that real estate burst bubble.

Just read that www.gunstocknordic.com now has snowmaking on their x-c ski trails. "Snowmaking was recently installed on the trails, ensuring consistent skiing conditions throughout the winter." (LaDaSun, Nov 6) Snowmaking on cross country ski trails.....?......that's what it says tucked away in a brief article on page 22 of today's LaDaSun.......I will believe that one when I can ski on it and actually see all thy snow-making equipment making snow....As everyone knows....talk is cheap....

Waterville Valley has a large cross country ski trail network of about 100-km, and has no snowmaking what-so-ever. Last winter, the majority, something like 90%, of the trails were closed from about January 10 thru April due to lack of snow and warm temperatures. December 15 thru January 10 had good snow coverage on the trails, but then it all got rained away.

fatlazyless 11-14-2010 07:34 AM

Last night it got down to about 25-degrees, cold enough for making snow, but nothing doing up on Waterville Valley High Country yet. So's on November 1,2,3; it was ..... let's make that snow, .....and now on November 14....it's .... we better wait before we start mak'n any more snow. So, all the snow that's left from Nov 1-2-3 is just a High Country skinny line of white, clinging to the slope's edge, up in the shadows of the pine trees.....no surprise considering all the rain, rain & more rain.... 50-60 degree temps and sunshine of the past eleven days.....come on winter....bring on the snow.....at least....let's bring on the cold!

fatlazyless 11-18-2010 08:15 AM

hey....lookie there....look'n thru the binoculars....I can see a big tall, heavy guy in a brite turquoise parka running around and positioning the snow-guns up on High Country.....ho-ho-ho....must be Big Johnny Boy Sununu....getting that snow out onto the High Country trail because the snow-guns are all making snow up top. First time for that since the night of Nov 3-4.

Anyway, the Curious George weather cam says right now that up at its' 3800' elevation the temp is 24.9, the wind is 14.3, and I forgot to write down the barometric pressure. Down here in the valley at about 1800'. the temp is about 38-degrees.

So's all you skiers & riders, just keep your fingers and legs crossed and pray for the WV-High Country to get open on its' scheduled Nov 20 - Saturday opening day!!! Who knows....seems like it might just happen.....and that would be a big surprise?

And, if the mountain is closed, the WV ice arena now has ice and should be open on Nov 20 too, although it will be minus the big PSU Black Panther positioned at center ice, who has moved 20-miles down to the new ice arena at Plymouth State.

fatlazyless 11-18-2010 10:59 AM

...ok...here's the latest...

Friday November 26: 5 - 6:30 pm, Waterville Valley Conference Center

Delicious Food - Drinks- Live Entertainment.....courtesy of the new Waterville Valley Ski Area....which also owns the Conference Center......(that means free richie-rich Republican food...my two most favorite words....free food)...gotta love these big-money Republicans when it comes to jump-starting a ski area business that is long long with future potential growth...

and the entire public....EVERYBODY....is invited to this season opener Conference Center Extravaganza-Soiree with two live bands which probably can hold maybe 300 or 400 or 500? people at one time or so.....you never know....better get there at five just in case the food runs out?

www.waterville.com

Friday November 26 is the scheduled opening day for the ski area too, from their website, so who knows, maybe they can get the North Side lift with Tippiecanoe Slope open by then...?

....pssstttt spread the word...!

Lucy Goose 11-19-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 142885)
Lucy do you live in Melvin Village fulltime (driver's license)? I am not sure if they accept tax bills.

Does anyone know what "resident" mean?

Yes my drivers license is Melvin.

fatlazyless 12-20-2010 11:01 AM

Where are all the downhill skiers?

19 empty chairs, four-seater chairs on the main WV quad lift, just chugged past all empty, as I counted them on channel 58. Channel 61, the Tennis Channel, was showing an old match between Franchesca Sciavoni (Italy) and Eileena Dementieva (Russia), and during an advertisement I switched over to the channel 58 WV chairlift view just to take a gander.

WHERE ARE ALL THE DOWNHILL SKIERS? Hello out there, skiers and snow-boarders, where are you? Today is Monday, December 20, 2010, and an adult lift ticket at Waterville Valley costs $69, and the www.waterville.com has something like 27 out of its' 52 trails open with totally man-made snow. Where is everybody?

Down at the sporty little 9-hole golf course, about two miles away from the ski area, the grass is no longer bright green, having turned to a medium green, and it must resemble what it would normally be like at a golf course in Delaware or Maryland, this time of year. Anyone for playing a game of golf today at the Waterville Valley golf course? While the greens are all roped off, there is absolutely zero snow on the fairways or in the woods, and one could get in a pretty fair game of golf for free what with nobody home at the golf pro-shop to stop you.

Ok....ok....ok.....I know.....it's still way to early to be saying goodbye to skiing and welcome back to golf....since after all....it's only December 20....but not having any natural snow here is just downright un-natural considering that WV normally has had a natural snow cover on the ground here from Nov 8 to April 5 going back to 1987.

How about tennis? Both Ashland and Meredith still have two nets up and very playable courts, last time I looked about one week ago? .. :D

Here is a real ski discount deal for tomorrow Tuesday, December 21!

Twenty Seven Dollar, one day WV ski deal for Tuesday December 21....ski all day at WV for $27.....here's the deal.....go to the website, www.waterville.com and copy their Twitter page with the Boston Patriots one day $27 deal....and bring that to the ticket office at the mountain. You can call 603-236-4144 and talk to a real person, their ski area operator, after the recorded message to verify this if you do not believe it, but it's true!

Today, they have 27 out of 52 trails open and I hear that trail conditions are icy and scratchy and not very good, so best time to ski is early in the morning, if at all! Probably, you got to be a hard core skier-rider to want to ski this icy stuff, but what the heck!

Hey, maybe pack along the golf clubs, just in case as a back-up and go do some practice on the still green www.wvnh.com/golf.php ?

fatlazyless 01-03-2011 08:55 AM

Thought I'd bring this thread back up top because today, Monday January 3, is the first day of this season for the New Hampshire ski area's reduced midweek prices. From my memory as I recall, it is only Loon Mountain which has NO reduced pricing. Every other area; Waterville, Gunstock, Cannon, Wildcat, Cranmore and even the sophisticated and talented Attitash and Bretton Woods all have some lower priced deals going on. However, you can not expect the ski area to be too up front about the deals. They keep it a little bit of a secret and one can show up at the ticket window and pay the full $65 to 75-price on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, and the ski area will be very happy to take the money without letting you know about an existing deal that has the same ticket sold for one half the price. So, it pays to hunt around for a better Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday ticket price.

What the heck, the ski lift can be closed all day due to high winds, but once you pays for that lift ticket there ain't NO refunds so it's best to check to see that the lift is actually running first and pay later if it is a windy day. Here at Waterville Valley, the ticker window is protected with thick bullet proof glass which has a small electric powered speaking intercom in the center of the window, and you slide your money through the little space below the glass.

It takes about two seconds to figure out why the ski area have two sets of pricing for midweek and for weekends. Weekends; the ski areas are busy regardless of conditions, and midweek; they are more or less deserted regardless of conditions.

And don't forget: Waterville Valley has that scenic and popular 4.5-km Livermore Rd cross country ski trail that has been designated a "multiple use public access trail" by the U S Forest Service, which makes it a NO FEE trail. Read all about it in the other thread down in winter sports.

Is there currently enough natural snow on the very, very, very ( & I mean very smooth) smooth Livermore Rd for it to be groomed with double tracks and skating in-between right now? A good question and I do not know what with the recent Saturday night rain that washed away what little snow that was there? Prior to the Saturday night rain, the north end of Waterville Valley had received about 5-inches of dry snow a couple days earlier, or something like that?
Here's the latest: xc ski trails are CLOSED due to washed away icy snow surfaces which are ok for walking but are no good for xc skiing.

Some very good news: The WV Nordic Center in their wisdom has put up some very attractive and informative signs down at the Depot Camp-Livermore Rd three-dollar parking lot that announces to the world that the Livermore Rd and Tripoli Rd are indeed NO FEE xc ski trails. This is a first and has never happened before. In the past, this info was always kept a big hush-hush secret and it was all made pretty confusing with signs and non-signs, but now there are highly informative, well designed signs with detailed maps and easy-to-read informative signs!

Is this part of the new Waterville Valley? Let's hope so!

beaner 01-31-2011 08:42 PM

Cranmore Sunday afternoon "local" special - $25 lift tix

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy Goose (Post 142054)
Not trying to be rude but this conversation has turned into nothing but Waterville. I am trying to find out what discounts we get at what mountains for living in Carroll County. I know Brettonwoods offers one but wondering if there are others.

Thanks,

Lucy Goose

Hey Lucy, I just learned that the new owners of Cranmore are offering $25 lift tickets on Sunday afternoons to residents of Carroll, Coos and Oxford (ME) counties. Bring a photo ID. I skied there yesterday afternoon for the first time and will definitely go back again. There's more info on their web site, including specials and information about recent improvements to the property:http://www.cranmore.com

beaner 02-11-2011 04:59 PM

$14 lift tix @ Cranmore on Valentines' Day

Cranmore is offering $14 lift tickets for Valentines' Day. Their web site says advance purchase is necessary. http://www.cranmore.com

no-engine 02-12-2011 02:30 PM

I recently saw on Meredith's M'd sign: ski discounts!

I hate all M'D's but have a look, FYI.

I have skied anywhere from 1/year only one year to 60 days/year for 50 years (started real young) and I am quitting: to many obnoxious skiers, like road rage on highways, among my other issues, and the overall cost to ski.

I'll x-c ski or snow shoe!

SIKSUKR 02-14-2011 02:45 PM

You need to find another ski area and learn how to ski faster than those guys.:laugh:

fatlazyless 02-16-2011 07:27 AM

Today, Wednesday, February 16 is twenty dollar-Facebook Wednesday today at www.waterville.com ...so it costs 20-dollars today? This seems to be a new Wednesday promotion to get more people to come to WV as the old price was $69 for Wednesdays and Thursdays, too.

Maybe Waterville should start calling itself the Wal-Mart of Skiing, or Wal-Mart Waterville....or something...where you can go skiing for less.....and prices are falling!

Saturday & Sunday - $69

Monday - $34.50

Tuesday - $10 to 32 depending on the temperature

Wednesday - $20 -facebook

Thursday - $69 BMW & Mercedes Thursday, because the parking lots have mostly folks with the big money and many many empty parking spots.

Friday - $34.50

"WV-GO SKIING for LESS!" could become their new bumper sticker and it would replace "LOVE WV" ... stay tuned? ....or how about "Mt Sununu-Prices r Fall'n!"

Ridgefarmer63 02-16-2011 12:47 PM

Feb Vac week deals?

Shot in the dark here...Anyone know of any discount tic's available during the kids vaca week? Feb 21-25.

Thanks.

Zeke 02-16-2011 01:28 PM

I use the web site Liftopia to buy tickets. Not all ski areas use the site, but if you know your going skiing somewhere, it's worth a look. Only downside, you have to pick a day, you have to buy a least a day in advance, and no refunds if you don't go. But if I'm going where I don't have a pass, and I know it's certain I'm going, I book with them the day before. I've also noticed that they sometimes have better prices the farther out you book.