Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Accountant
01-27-2024 10:10 AM
Last post by map
Today 11:42 AM
4 Replies, 961 Views
HOA Forums
03-26-2024 03:42 PM
Last post by map
Today 11:33 AM
10 Replies, 798 Views
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by map
Today 11:24 AM
11 Replies, 766 Views
Laconia State School...
03-14-2024 11:38 AM
Last post by John Mercier
Today 11:04 AM
12 Replies, 1,922 Views
Update to Lake Related...
01-16-2024 03:37 PM
Last post by John Mercier
Today 10:28 AM
159 Replies, 21,370 Views
» Made in USA
  1. Old Comment

Interesting area: A milestone day in our family today

Time Goes By So Fast!

Congratulations Skipper! What a tremendously exciting event!!!

This fall Rattlesnake Guy and I will be home alone. Since Ben and Jeff have acquired girlfriends over two years ago, we have already been empty nesters of sorts. Hopefully their being gone won’t be too hard on me. Currently our little dog Mac helps me not to miss them so much. Now, if only I could teach him how to play cards!

This is an interesting new blog feature that our gracious Webmaster has added.

Take care!
    Celia
    Posted 05-30-2008 at 01:06 PM by Rattlesnake Gal Rattlesnake Gal is offline
  2. Old Comment

Early Morning

Hi WBB! Best of luck with your open house!
    Posted 05-30-2008 at 12:40 PM by Rattlesnake Gal Rattlesnake Gal is offline
    Updated 06-05-2008 at 09:22 PM by Rattlesnake Gal
  3. Old Comment

Anticipation

Ok, finally got over the Anticipation and took the boat up to Lake Winni over the long weekend. For those interested:
    *Yes the trailer held up and did beautifully. I need to investigate why one tire is losing pressure gradually, but we had no problems.
    *The old truck did fine, with it's (almost) bald tires, after a visit to the shop. They replaced the serpentine belt and idler, and got rid of the buzzzzzzz.
    *This year my first mate and I were able to rig up the mast with minimal problems, no bent or broke equipment. We did as Wayne from Fays one technical question (Wayne: thanks for the help!). Boat was launched with no problems.
    *Motor, oh yes. I had taken the motor over for service, and it started right up. About half way to the mooring, it decided to act up again. I believe that we are having some gas issues, maybe ethanol issues with a 23 yr old motor? Wish I could locate a list of non-ethanol stations. Do all marinas have straight gas only, no ETOH?
    Funny story: I pulled up to the mooring facing a stiff headwind and pulled the ball, grabbing the lead and hooking it to the front of the boat. After I was sure that I was on, I went to the back, cut the motor, and noticed that the bow was turning away from the mooring ball. I had hooked the end of the secondary line to the front of the boat, and it wasn't connected to the ball. Started the motor (again, whew!) and pulled up to the ball, pulled it again and found the primary line, checked the connection to the chain, hooked it to the bow and waited until the ball moved with the boat motion before cutting the engine.
    Now to work on the gas/motor problem next week.
  4. Old Comment

Harley Davidson Riding Site Members?

Yes are rates are competitive. Word on the street is my little business, little old me,is a big enough concern for a Big business who will remain nameless that we were brought up at todays managers meeting! Can you feel the love in town?
    Posted 05-22-2008 at 10:28 PM by WeirsBeachBoater WeirsBeachBoater is offline
  5. Old Comment

That's great! Hopefully she majored in something OTHER than what we ended up doing for a living!

Give her and your son my best
    AW
  6. Old Comment

...Yard Sail or Yard Sale?

For what it's worth, I bought a 1953 Lightning class sail boat a couple of years ago with the hope of restoring. I have been thinking of selling her because (insert the excuse of your choice here). She is all Mahogany with the original wood mast. Also a yard sail/sale special...TG
  7. Old Comment

My Cat-Beavis

Good luck with your cat. We also had a cat named Beavis - he was a Maine coon cat that weighed 20 lbs and the best cat in the world. Unfortunately he got really sick and wasted away till he was all skin and bones and could hardly move. We had to put him down and although I didn't think it would bother me as much as my wife, it was horrible. I hope yours gets better!
    Posted 05-21-2008 at 10:49 AM by Wolfeboro Matt Wolfeboro Matt is offline
  8. Old Comment

Introduction-Hello from Nicole

Thanks Gilligan! I am looking forward to a great summer-hope you have one too!

Nicole
  9. Old Comment

New Blog Feature

Thank you.

Winnipesaukee.com just keeps getting better and better
  10. Old Comment

Introduction-Hello from Nicole

Hi Nicole,

Nice to meet you. It was an interesting story. As the Blogs grow I am not sure how often I will be able to read all of them. Enjoy the Lake and lose the stress.

Have a great season.
  11. Old Comment

Rates?

Dave, can one ASSUME that your rates for typical maintenance/repairs on a Harley would be somewhat less than what Meredith HD charges?
  12. Old Comment

good luck to you & your family Denis! I'll be stopping by next time I'm out that way.

I have also just started a new "side" business. Nope, not giving up my day job, still have a few more years I want to do before I retire...but I am bored doing "details" and wanted to fire up a Company I had a number of years ago.

In out first month we've been booked solid. But as t he dust settles I may be branching in to some ancillary side work over in the Winni area...it will be in the installation, repair upgrading of Marine & tow vehicle electronics.

Anyway, once I get the kinks out of my website and loose ends tied up, I'll be making a splash & be pulling an Ad here with Don....

Oops, I got sidetracked....but isn't that what blogs are for?

Once again, good luck Denis!
  13. Old Comment

Hi Skipper-Congrats on your daughter's great accomplishment-you both should be very proud. Isn't it amazing how fast time flies? It has been 15 years since I graduated college-boy does time fly.

I too am excited about the blog. I look forward to blogging and reading others blogs as well.

Nicole
  14. Old Comment

...Yard Sail or Yard Sale?

Less, you bought my boat. I've been looking for that boat forever. Please let me know when you want to sell it, I'll give you $250 for it, what with depreciation and all.
  15. Old Comment

Hi Skipper,

Congratulations on your daughter Lauren's graduation from college!! I'm sure you are very proud of her and are full of good thoughts for her future success in life.

Like you, I have never posted to a blog before so we are both trying this out for the first time.

Again, congratulations! Quilt Lady and I extend our best wishes to Lauren on her considerable accomplishment.