Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > sa meredith
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Laconia State School...
03-14-2024 11:38 AM
Last post by TiltonBB
Today 06:16 AM
7 Replies, 1,786 Views
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Slickcraft
Today 05:30 AM
9 Replies, 530 Views
Update to Lake Related...
01-16-2024 03:37 PM
Last post by Fishcat
Today 05:02 AM
157 Replies, 21,238 Views
Laconia Planning Director
05-01-2023 05:00 PM
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 05:09 PM
9 Replies, 2,395 Views
Huge Commercial Project...
01-30-2024 03:29 PM
Last post by codeman671
Yesterday 10:34 AM
111 Replies, 22,648 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 5 votes, 4.60 average.

Idle thoughts....

Submit "Idle thoughts...." to Facebook Submit "Idle thoughts...." to Digg Submit "Idle thoughts...." to Google Submit "Idle thoughts...." to Twitter
Posted 10-23-2008 at 06:54 PM by sa meredith

Some idle thoughts at work on a Thursday night, waiting for 8PM to roll around...

Am I the only one in New England still excited about watching the World Series? Was crushed to see the Sox lose, but I just can't get enough baseball. Great time of year...October baseball, and tonight (Thursday) going to light the fireplace for the first time this season...

Been only two weeks, and missing camp and Meredith more than usual...

I remember posting and debating with other memeber of this forum in May/ early June about the state of the economy, and how bad things were, and how bad I believed they would become. I was surprised by some people telling me they believed I was wrong. Well, turns out I was...I never would have imagined how truly bad everything would turn.
In one month it will be time to make a decision regarding our valet service for next year. Paid thru April 1...but then the check for next year comes due...50/50 at best. Something's gotta give...

Who would have saw that Monday night Patriot's performance coming?!

Remember this past year hating, then loving, then hating, then loving the Lobster Pound? What a thread. And when we all thought they poisoned some kids with bad chocolate milk? Seems like ages ago. Much ado about nothing I say. It turned out to be a great spot...although I never went during peak hours. That third floor outdoor bar is a great spot, as the sun begins to set, on a warm summer late afternoon/early evening. If you have not been, trust me, and give that bar a bid next summer.

How out the whole Diamond Island deal? Anyone? Just like last year's "boat sinking"..just sort of faded away.

The speed limit thread...now that was fun. And Evanstar....christ, I had no idea. Not a personal attack in any way...I just had no idea. The debate always boggled my mind. I mean, streets have speed limits, and yet cars are still built and bought that go 100+ MPH.
People will go fast when the chance presents itself...and the lake wil be no different. Want to go 95 MPH in your GFBL boat? No problem...visit the broads on a Tuesday afternoon, and I'm sure noone will bother you. But the back side of Bear Island on a Sunday afternoon???? Use your head!!!!

I think the only thing worse than the speed limit thread this past year, was how ugly the restaurant threads always seem to turn. An opinion is an opinion. How can it be right or wrong? For whatever reason though, the restaurant forum is far and away my favorite. I must admit to sometimes saying something a little "off base" just to stir the pot, and crank things up a bit. Only been put in a timeout once by Don, though. So I guess it is all good.

Seems that with all the posting back and forth people do, and never really having the chance to meet, people would post from time to time about getting together on the lake. I tried once this past summer and got a bunch of replies...about meeting up to listen to the Sox on a Thursday afternoon in Johnson's cove. But it was a Thursday afternoon in late August, so only one other boat showed up...and alas, we had just left. It was the seventh inning, and I could Crazy Gringo's calling. Gonna try this again next year.

7:45...first pitch in 40 minutes.

And then we read about some fool who drove his boat into the Witches this summer. Wow! Pay attention to what you are dong, pal!

I have read Don's blog several times about his vaca this summer. Am I the only one who really enjoys this? And somehow pictures everything in his head as he is reading? It really is a great way to enjoy the lake from afar. That was a GREAT blog.

Are the half tables at Kitchen Cravings gone yet?

For any golfer on a tight budget, or a beginner who is a bit shy...try Oak Hills over in Meredith. Not in the best shape, but good fun for short money, and a great place to learn the game.

I stopped at Funspot this past summer with a friend, and actually bowled "10 pin". First time in 25 years. Great fun. Talk about having a few laughs!

Many more thoughts, but no more time...gotta lock up, and go home.

If you have the time, and are at the lake, stop over and bring something to the animals at the shelter in Laconia.

That's all I got...
Posted in Uncategorized
Share Views 20312 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments