Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
fatlazyless

www.liftopia.com .... has anyone here purchased a discounted, one day NH ski lift ticket through liftopia and were you happy with this service? Apparently, you pay online at least one day in advance at a deep discount, and then pick up your lift ticket at the ski area ticket window on the specified day ..... does this seem illogical or something....but then again like who cares....if it works, then it works?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default ski discount websites

Liftopia is popular in the Rockies. The site been around for years. I have yet to use it when I ski on the east coast.

Skinh.com is another website that will post discounts. You can also check the resorts websites as well as chamber of commerce websites for additional discounts. I never pay full price!

It is actually cheaper for me to ski out West, the mountains are huge and with discount tickets, you get more bang for the buck.

I use to ski Gunstock since I was four. When they did away with the residence pass and jack the prices sky high, the mountain itself went from awesome experience to a bunny slope. You don't see to many regulars from years ago ski there. Bill promise us the moon and exciting things will happen. All I see was a 3 million dollar expansion of the beginner's quad and a zip line that does not turn me on. If they can bring back Fletcher Hale and the Precipice, maybe I will come back. Wildcat and Cannon remind me of Gunstock of the past. Today the only Gunstock rival is Bretton Woods as King of the bunny slopes.

Ragged Mountain has better value. Even Gunstock competitor for the Boston market, Wachusetts is a better value.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Lakegeezer

Default Bretton Woods $12 on 12/12/12

If you like chilly skiing on 15 trails of loose granular, Bretton Woods has a $12 special on 12/12/12 (tomorrow). http://brettonwoods.com/specials/spe...ffers#12121212
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
gf2020

I use Liftopia frequently. I've purchased tickets for Sunapee, Gunstock, Waterville and Cranmore in the past 2 years. No issues.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
SIKSUKR

Liftopia is totally legit FLL.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Liftopia is totally legit FLL.
It works if you know you are going that day. They are not transferable to someone else and you cannot get a refund. Just something to keep in mind.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
RLW

Smile Sorry for being late and changing subject

HellRaZoR004, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. I’m sorry for not noticing that you are a new member sooner. Enjoy the gang here and have a great Merry Christmas & a Happy New year.

HellRaZoR004 (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
RLW

Smile Just another great welcome

DustyR, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Sorry for not noticing you joining the forum before this. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
fatlazyless

www.realconditions.com has some big internet discounts for Waterville Valley and other NH areas......anyone here ever use realconditions.com?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
www.liftopia.com .... has anyone here purchased a discounted, one day NH ski lift ticket through liftopia and were you happy with this service? Apparently, you pay online at least one day in advance at a deep discount, and then pick up your lift ticket at the ski area ticket window on the specified day ..... does this seem illogical or something....but then again like who cares....if it works, then it works?
I have used it once for Wildcat. Skied on a Sunday for $27.99!
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Default $20 - Ski WV - Tuesday, Jan 8

Could be a big turn-out day at Waterville what with some pretty decent conditions and some 31-high & partly cloudy Tuesday predictions; $20- ski WV, Tuesday-January 8, 2013, 9am - 4pm, www.waterville.com

Must be some other similar deals up at Cannon & Wildcat or somewhere? Cannon and Wildcat are mountains, while Waterville is pretty much just a big intermediate hill and at twenty dollars is not a bad deal. Reg price would be $63, except there's probably almost nobody who actually pays the full daily rate what with all the different deals out there..... ?

If anyone reading this has ever actually paid the full $63 price and is not a foreign ski-tourist from China or Venezuela or Massachusetts or some foreign country, then they must be too rich to know or care?