Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2024, 10:42 AM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
I was just wondering think, if you know of anything coming available where you live? That would be a perfect spot for kayaking etc.
These last few years, sales have never made it public.

I assumed the OP was looking for year-round/more of a house than a seasonal camp, but they're welcome to message me if interested in something like Arcadia.

There is one, maybe two, for sale internally right now.

Good looking out Susie!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:20 AM   #2
JilianBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
These last few years, sales have never made it public.

I assumed the OP was looking for year-round/more of a house than a seasonal camp, but they're welcome to message me if interested in something like Arcadia.

There is one, maybe two, for sale internally right now.

Good looking out Susie!

I'd love to hear more about Arcadia - I haven't heard of it yet. Our place doesn't necessarily have to be year-round. If pricing were the same for year round vs seasonal we'd gravitate toward year-round though. Our search initially started with looking at Maine seasonal camps in lakeside communities and on lakes, but most are too far and too rural. We're south of Boston and would love to be 2.5 hours away or less. We prefer NH and I grew up going to Lake Winnipesaukee with my grandparents so I have a soft spot for the area.

Any community near Winnipesaukee with lake access would be worth considering for us. I wondered if lots of camps sell outside of a realtor - I'm glad to hear that they do because there has been very little hitting the market lately. We were hoping it was just because it is winter but sales over the past 3 years don't show tons of homes changing hands.
JilianBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 11:33 AM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

You might take a look at Lake Wicwas or Pemigewasset, both are along RT104 leading to Meredith and very conveniently located off Exit 24.

Last edited by Biggd; 02-19-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:31 PM   #4
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
You might take a look at Lake Wicwas or Pemigewasset, both are along RT104 leading to Meredith and very conveniently located off Exit 24.
Really beautiful area.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
JilianBlue (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 11:36 AM   #5
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JilianBlue View Post
I'd love to hear more about Arcadia - I haven't heard of it yet. Our place doesn't necessarily have to be year-round. If pricing were the same for year round vs seasonal we'd gravitate toward year-round though. Our search initially started with looking at Maine seasonal camps in lakeside communities and on lakes, but most are too far and too rural. We're south of Boston and would love to be 2.5 hours away or less. We prefer NH and I grew up going to Lake Winnipesaukee with my grandparents so I have a soft spot for the area.

Any community near Winnipesaukee with lake access would be worth considering for us. I wondered if lots of camps sell outside of a realtor - I'm glad to hear that they do because there has been very little hitting the market lately. We were hoping it was just because it is winter but sales over the past 3 years don't show tons of homes changing hands.
I'll message you.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
JilianBlue (02-19-2024)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2024, 02:40 PM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,387 Times in 961 Posts

Osseo and Port Wedeln in Wolfeboro are both communities but the taxes are higher than Moultonborough. Not sure how often houses come up for sale there either. Did you look at condos?

Last edited by tis; 02-19-2024 at 03:56 PM.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
JilianBlue (02-19-2024)