View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 11:50 AM   #39
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
And what City Line are you intending to transport them to?
Gilford?
Meredith?

Because the last BOS for Belmont the idea was to move them up along the rail line toward Laconia. Problem being they are on State land and out of our jurisdiction.

I don't know the rail line well, but I would say that the City is going to want them above Lakeport, but below South Down. Or maybe above South Down, but below the Weirs.

The only other State land that I can think of is Ahern and the LSS that would be large enough to maybe be occupied in a manner that they would be ''unseen''.
As long as it's not Laconia, I don't care. If Belmont wants to welcome them, then let them have them.

John, the point is that if the community (City) makes the decision that homelessness, visible drug use, etc. are not tolerated, it will go away. It will be up to other communities to decide whether it will tolerate this type of behavior. If all communities eventually decide not to tolerated it, then eventually it will go away.

This is a societal issue. If we eliminate any and all funding, and enforce the already existing laws the prohibit this behavior, then that's a step in the right direction. I would much rather invest in prisons than trying to "help" them. We have definitive evidence that "helping" does not work.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote