View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #46
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default ATT, Sprint vs Verizon

I had AT&T and my gf had Sprint when we move up here several years ago. We had terrible coverage North of Concord, NH. Since we have switched to Verizon wireless we had wonderful service. If you purchase a phone that has dual coverage analog/digital, it is handy in the White Mountains and in Maine.

As for service, I have better luck calling the 800 number than going to an independent Verizon retailer. There is a big retail outlet owned by verizon in Nashua. It has fantastic service and sales. All mobile devices are on display. You can bring your laptop in to see if the wireless modem will work.

If you call by phone and request an account manager for whatever large corporation you work for, you can get a 15% Discount on service and 25% discount on phone and accessories.

The only complaint I have with Verizon are the constant changes in wireless packages. I usually lock in to a 2 year plan to get a free phone and the 'New every Two' plan. When I find they have a new plan that gives better coverage and or better price, I make a phone call. They will switch to the new plan at no extra cost.