View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 09:25 AM   #163
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

What we have here is a play on words.... "airborne" to some means on thing well to others it means something totally different.

Had the searay been traveling fast enough to get Airborne by my definition, it wouldn't have come to rest where it did, it would also likely not have sustained so little damage... the inertia involved would have made for a complete different accident scene...

At a speed of 10-15 mph, that boat would have had enough inertia, to plow through the dock, shove the hacker craft underneath it, and eventually beach itself like it did...

Could it have come up out of the water as it did so before crushing the dock underneath it... Likely a little.... but that isn't airborne....

There is nothing about this accident that indicates speed or power had anything to do with it. It is likely in my opinion, that the boat was traveling at a reasonable speed, given the conditions.....

What is also obvious to me, is that the captain of the vessel, didn't keep a proper look out, or pay attention to his heading.... What lead to that well, we can speculate... but is it going to be provable... time will tell....