View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 04:59 PM   #20
Nautique2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
So, I am looking at the clues, and my first belief is the picture of the Mount is likely something that could be Ignored... as a clue. I also think the the picture of the cottage as a clue is Ignoble as well... So I have been focusing in on the last remaining picture....

As mentioned Pine would be a possibility, as would bear....
I can also picture that view from the mainland between MoultonboroughNeck and Long Island, looking towards Cow (nope not an island)

Blackcat would be a hard sell for me
Nope. It's not Black Cat. While there is a camp of a similar design on the island and it does face the Ossipee Mountains, the KENANDESH (Ken and Esh? Ken and E. S-H?) painted on the rock and the view don't fit.

Nor is it on Three Mile, although Three Mile and/or Hawk's Nest may be in the photo.

Yup, the umbrella photo is the key.

If this is Pine Island looking towards Three Mile, which seems very plausible, one bit doesn't add up: The fact that the skinny/pointy end of Hawk's Nest points to Pine. There isn't a dock or building on that end, but it sure looks like there's one in the photo.

Another possibility is that we have our islands shifted slightly: Hawk's Nest is at the far (viewer's) left of the photo and the island to the right is Hull--not next to it but behind it. Hull does have a building on the end facing Pine. Maybe?
Nautique2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nautique2001 For This Useful Post: