View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #136
onlywinni

1. Hello everyone..just found this forum..

Re. The 150 Rule...I have been boating on the lake for about 10 years and it amazes me everyday how many people dont know or refuse to obey the 150 rule. Of course I have to admit judging 150 is not that easy..it is much farther than most people think. Also on the weekends it can be tough to cruise and be that far away all the time. However passing me within 50 feet because I am obeying the rule annoys the hell out of me. The MPs were out enforcing this rule hardcore this weekend I can say. Some guy in a 18 foot bayliner or something blows by us and 3 other boats in Alton Bay Sunday and the MP is sitting right in the channel-where you have to obey the rule or he has you. This guy broke the 150 on 4 boats and also the MP

Re. Speeding. Has anyone been given a ticket? I was out all weekend and only exceeded the limit once and there was no one around and I was in the broads. I wonder if they will let that stuff go and only look for people doing something stupid like in a crowded bay or channel?

Lastly...my wife and I saw this Ridiculous Streamlined Boat in Alton Bay on Sunday...It must have been 42+ it was all white with a sloped/curved rear and looked SICK...anyone see that before?