View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #52
jrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/V_Bear_II View Post

I know I'm new here, but I feel like context is important. Can you tell I teach history?
Welcome M/V,

When you teach history, do you teach that the founders believed that rights are given by their Creator not by the men and documents?

"We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness"

And that the 2nd amendment just instructs the government not to infringe on one of those rights? It does not grant any rights.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Further, do you teach that removing an unjust government is also a right?

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government,..."

How do unarmed citzens abolish destructive goverments?

I saw a car with two bumper stickers "Bush = Hitler" and "1-20-09". So I asked the driver, if he is Hitler, what makes you think he's leaving?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote