View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #28
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Arrow Shut it down for now.

Until there is another law to debate. I'm sure it will never end. The possibility of size and horsepower restrictions are very real.

I am the 3rd generation of lakefront property owners. I am familiar of the likes of the late Capt. Lavallee and late Capt. John Goodhue. My grandfather and my Dad were good friends of the Irwins and have driven the 'Miss Winnipesaukee'. There were countless sppedboats since the '20's that past into our hands. To my knowledge there have never been an accident in the family.

Since the speed debate, the lake has never been the same. I have never heard of anything that have done so much to split everyone into opposite corners in the past. I use to drive around and everyone would wave. From the paddlers, sailboaters to the Capt. on the Mt Washington. All the property owners use to wave as well. Even flash a light or two of a flashlight in the dark. Now the sparkle is gone. What have become of our belove lake? It would be nice if someone can turn the tide.

Please shut the speed limit debate down. But allow future debates whenever there is a law, rule or regulation that effect the people that uses the lake. It is nice to see what people have to say. Comments are appreciated by all but not the sarcasm. Enough is enough. The damage is done.

Thank you Don for all you have done. The Winnipesaukee forum has been a subject at get togethers in Breckenridge CO. I even have a friend on Lake Havasu who reads it occasionally. Touches a lot of people opinion of Lake Winnipesaukee.

Last edited by BroadHopper; 08-16-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: clarification