Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #422
Airwaves

Quote:
Rafting Rules are not governed under the ammended RSA and hence will not be reported to NHDMV in case of a conviction. As a self proclaimed "cynic" that is highly critical of perceived mistakes made by the arguments of your opponents, it is incumbent upon you to have your facts straight. It is apparent by this and other comments you have made that while you remain highly critical of the ramifications of HB 847, you still do not have a firm grasp of what it actually entails.
And that's why I ask questions until I get answers
Quote:
Price of fuel. It will actually be the economy that impacts all law enforcement agencies, not just the NHMP, as they alter patrol practices to absorb fuel bills that in some cases have doubled this year with no additional funds allocated to offset the difference.

The economy has already and will continue to also eliminate or slow boating traffic across the Lakes region, regardless of the outcome from HB 847.
You're probably right about the price of fuel changing the practices of the NHMP, but by the same token as you point out the boat traffic will also probably slow...with that the funding source for the NHMP. A Catch 22.
Quote:
The Federal Government has and continues to supplement with funding and manpower any additional resources they require of the NHMP in that arena. Rest assured that the NHMP can protect us from foreign & domestic terrorist attacks on Lake Winnipesaukee without detracting from their current daily assignments.
The information I got from Homeland Security did not indicate that it was a funded mandate, it mandated states DEVELOP and IMPLEMENT the program. Glad to hear the NHMP will continue to protect us from attacks on LNG tankers on Winnipesaukee