Thread: Boat Show
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 04:14 PM   #24
Descant

Thanked 1,532 Times in 990 Posts
Default Msrp

I'm sure somebody out there has a more accurate wording for what MSRP really means. My guess is, that in a few years, as new models are introduced, the MSRP will trickle down. All the boats I've bought for myself have been used, so MSRP didn't mean much. I have been following boat slips, a necessity as noted above. 2-3 years ago at MVYC slips were selling overnight for whatever the asking price was, sometimes at a premium, and, it appears, for cash. There are currently 4 slips listed at MVYC and they've been on the market for some time. To buy a larger boat (at discounted MSRP) and ~$200K for a slip is a very limited customer base. I also follow vacation real estate and almost every day I get emails for price drops in diverse vacation RE markets. One lender told me that the people who paid top dollar in the pandemic aren't getting the rental returns they expected and are selling, without a profit (Amelia Island). People who bought with a HELOC are feeling the crunch as their interest rates went up. This isn't exactly a recession--we're talking about investments and recreation, but it is still a pattern. Markets should improve this year as they usually do with an election, and I expect we'll see good times again in 2025.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote