Thread: Frozen pipes
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 09:52 AM   #23
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Hi Sue,

Besides just draining why don’t you simply blow out your lines with an air compressor? This would ensure everything gets drained. It’s very simple to do just hookup a small compressor (preferably oiless) to your blue well tank (well-x-troll), set your compressor for 60 psi, then just repeatedly open and close all faucets, toilet tanks, washing machine, etc, etc, in your home until nothing but air comes out. It’s really pretty simple and will ensure your lines are completely drained.

Don’t forget to run RV antifreeze through your washing machine to avoid serious problems in the spring!

Good luck!

Dan
I started using the compressed air technique a few years ago.... I have great low point drains, but got tired of crawling under the camp..... Now that I have that all in place, my next improvement will be to create an enclosure for the pump and tank, added in some heat tape, and hopefully extend my season some... when I leave I will have things set up so I can blow out the lines that aren't protected... the the heat tape should be enough to keep the pump and tank from freezing up Just don't let my wife know, she thinks the season is long enough already.... I just want a few more weeks at the beginning of the season.