Thread: New Appliances
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 11:03 AM   #43
John Mercier

They use the plastic internals on tools.

Professional level tools are operated everyday all year long... so they have to withstand more wear from use and be rebuildable.

Residential grade tools are general purchase for a big project... say building a deck... but then sit in the garage for weeks awaiting the next big project.

I don't think... maybe online... that HD sells commercial grade appliances.

For lawn tractors... like John Deere... they sell the same units as a dealer would. A registered dealer has to actually take them out of their steel shipping crates, assemble them, and sign off on the check list before HD can place the registration in their computer and sell them. HD has limitation on that JD will only sell them the residential grades like the Series 100, and limits the high end stuff to just registered dealers.

On Andersen windows... same quality... just the off-the-shelve items are what-you-see-is-what-is-available. Once they special order a window, it comes from the same factory as mine does, same costs, same quality, same lead time... we deliver for free: they don't. Also they can not do the E-Series windows that are high end due to the many options.
Their stock vinyl is usually builder grade (short warranty and only good enough to meet the local code requirement) with limited field service do to being a national brand.

So I wouldn't worry about comparable appliances... just Barron's will have higher end options with more features and even commercial grade if that is what you desire.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: