View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 05:36 AM   #15
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Check with someone because a repairman who had recommended Speed Queen to me as the only one to buy said that they are not longer that much better -as they used to be. I think he said they were sold.
Soooo, as part of my research when buying our washer a couple years ago, I discovered that Speed Queen was getting a bad rap for the newest series of their machines (TR models), which were designed for efficiency and to meet water use guidelines.

What they did, however, is bring back the "classic" TC5 with an "eco" mode that met the water guidelines while every other mode is what their original machine offered.

We have it, and it's awesome—huge loads done in 35 minutes! And, maybe because we replaced an older machine, we never noticed any water use difference (and use cold for everything).

So, Dan, if you're looking for the classically-built Speed Queen, you'll be looking for the TC5. It still uses a digital panel rather than analogue knobs, but the machine itself is the bulletproof one SQ built its reputation on.

https://speedqueen.com/speed-queens-...-your-laundry/

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: