View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 12:11 PM   #3
SailinAway

Getting a shot is now far easier. I made an appointment online at CVS. There was no waiting at all in the store.

I'm in the tiny minority of people who have not changed my Covid protection habits. I've had 5 shots. I always wear a KN-95 mask indoors, and outdoors in groups with close contact. Go grocery shopping early in the morning. Etc. Result: I'm also in the minority of Americans who have not had Covid. I don't believe it's inevitable that "everyone is going to get Covid at some point." I've not had the flu in over 20 years, because I began practicing self-protection a long time ago. Estimates of how many Americans have had Covid range from about 50% to 80%. At this point, after 3 years of practice, it seems easy to avoid Covid with all the means of self-protection available to us.

FLL, remember that if it was more than 4 months since your last shot, your immunity declined to about 30%, and it will take two weeks after your shot to have full immunity again, so I would stay away from gyms.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote