View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #15
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
No, I tried to state the facts. I am not sure why you selectively deleted a portion of my post when you choose to use a quote from me.

For the record: I have worked in union jobs but found that they are really legalized extortion: "Meet our demands or we will shut down your business". In many cases they just protect the lame and lazy!

What is wrong with being paid what your employer feels you are worth to their business? I find that much more satisfying. At the end of the day I knew I earned my pay and my employer, who gave me that pay, knew I earned it.
In most cases, an employer pays you the least amount that he thinks he can get away with. I'm not talking about local small businesses but big companies who's executives get millions in bonuses while they lay off hundreds or thousands of workers Nobody is worth the tens of millions that many of these executives get paid. Most of us could live comfortably for a year on what some of them make in a single day.
Executive compensation has reached insane levels since 1980 when the Reagan administration started busting the unions. The time is long overdue for the working class to start getting some breaks. If companies really paid their workers what they are worth to them, the middle class worker's wages would increase to a point where they would have more discretionary income to spend having the effect of turbo charging the economy to the benefit of all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Gourmand For This Useful Post: