View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #54
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Some nice sunny summer weekends bring out a lot of boats to the lake no doubt about it. Is it crowded because of speed? I doubt it. Campers are not the only ones who may decide not to boat on those certain busy weekends. If I want to boat on one of those nice summer weekends I know when to do it to avoid the crowds. I go out before 10 AM and after 5 PM. Even on the busiest of weekend days there are not many out in the morning and around dinner time. In fact the lake often flattens out after 5 PM and it is better for water skiing.

Fast or slow there are busy times and places on the weekends. Bear Islander, ask the camp directors why they are not using the lake on the busy weekends now. Speed limits are not the answer.

If camp directors have a problem with boaters breaking the law they should call the Marine Patrol. All the laws prior to the Speed Limit law would take care of any problems. The speed limit restricts a very small percentage of boaters.

The lake can get too crowded on a nice weekend. IF you believe that more boats will come to the lake now that there are permanent speed limits then the weeekends will be even more crowded with boats. What will the camp directors use for an excuse then?

Speed limits will not reduce the number of boats on the lake on a sunny summer weekend it will probably lead to an even more crowded lake.
It's funny how so many people think they know more than the experts. You see it all the time, people that have never been in law enforcement but they know more about it than the police do. People that have never taught a class but know more about it than teachers do.

People that have never directed a camp but they know more about running a camp than camp directors do.

The 191 Children's Camp Directors that comprise the New Hampshire Camp Directors Association voted UNANIMOUSLY to support speed limits. But hey, what do they know.