View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #13
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Yes that's good! But do you think that the act of BWI was really down this year? Or perhaps the Marine Patrol were distracted trying to observe or enforce another law, and that is why there were less arrests for BWI? Gee, I would hate to have BWI enforcement suffer because the MPs are watching for something else.
With the relatively small number of warnings issued(26), that seems a little hard to believe. And BUI violations tend to occur in tandem with the breaking of other boating laws as well, just like on the highways. I wouldn't want our highway laws eliminated so that officers could concentrate on DUI arrests...these other laws are in fact what gives the officers an opportunity to pull drunks over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
This is very disturbing, accidents and deaths are up? This is not what we were told would happen.
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
So it appears that those who felt the lake was safer this year were wrong, in reality it was actually less safe, imagine that. I love data.
So do I, and when you look at the data from the previous 8 years (not just the one previous year) you can see that this year's data compared with data from a few years ago does in fact look rather encouraging. Clearly boater education and sub racetrack speeds will be a combination for a better and safer lake experience for all.

Last edited by sunset on the dock; 12-05-2009 at 08:52 AM.