View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #38
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Then are you saying that someone who has to listen to GFBL noise but doesnt boat has less of a say than boaters? Do boaters who log 100 hours per season have less say than someone who logs 200 hours? How about my neighbor who swims but doesn't boat? Do boats capable of going faster than 45 MPH have more say than those going less (afterall, they're the ones more affected by the law)? I guarantee you that the answer from Concord will be a loud and unequivocal NO.
First of all Sunset, I also appreciate your mannerisms while discussing this. Too many people take the tone of a conversation as heated and it drives the discussion right down hill. Obviously there are extremely different takes on this issue and heated debates can become personal. Frankly nothing is solved by that and peoples integrity in these threads goes down to the point where you become known as a troublemaker or troll. I try to stay on topic and objective as possible while voicing my opinions. I appreciate that you have done the same.

Now as far as your quote above ....................

This is where your side of speed limit debate goes off the rails. Speed and noise are two seperate issues. While my boat (notice I am not saying all GF Boats) is capable of exceeding 85mph, whether I am at 45mph or 65 mph, I am inside the law on sound. If noise is your argument then lets head over to that thread....

No I do not think that GFB votes or someone who logs a multitude of hours should have more of a vote over your neighbor who swims..... What I was alluding to is "in my opinion" people directly effected by the limits should be the ones voting on them such as your parents, your neighbor, lake business owners, property owners, those who only do 25 hours a year, and those who do 500.... Because, these are the people who understand the lake, understand the impact, and has first hand knowledge of what goes on. My contention simply was I get very frustrated when people conduct polls to people who have no comparisson, may have never visited the lake, and really have no stake in what is decided. For their vote doesn't mean anything to them. Where people who have voted on this website have a personal stake and are educated as to what is going on.

We will just have to agree to disagree, but I respect your thoughts.

Would you personally mind a compromise? I know you would like to keep it the way it is now, and I would like to have it unlimited, but would you be willing to compromise?

Last edited by OCDACTIVE; 08-22-2009 at 03:10 PM.