View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #19
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but these numbers don't seem to mesh with what I'm seeing in this neighborhood. Our road association, consisting of many modest homes, many of which need to be rented out just to pay the taxes, voted unamimously to send a portion of our road dues to Winnfabs. My elderly parents (not computer literate) would also not be represented here. I suppose one could take a poll of Americans asking what they felt America's role in world affairs should be and the results would vary astonishingly depending on whether you polled at a Baptist church in Georgia vs. a mosque in New York City. Polls taken by asking people to respond are notoriously inaccurate compared to when the pollster goes directly to those being polled. For example, if you went to everyone who has posted on any forum on Winnipesaukee.com (general category, pets, real estate, restaurants, weather etc.)over the last 6 months and posted your question to them, then the poll would have some statistical validity.
I understand your point, however are you saying that the majority of people who visit winni.com are GFBL enthusiasts? Because when I read all of these posts there are hardcore people on both sides (being the unlimited / current law votes) but the majority appears wants some restrictions but some type of compromise...

Also would you agree with me that we should poll those who are most effected by the law rather then people who never have been to the lake and / or have no boating knowledge of the lake?

In a previous post in another thread I pointed out almost the exact same point you made which was it all depends on the people you speak to. Most people associate with others like themselves. If you ask all my neighbors I'd say 90% + are not in favor of limits.... As you said it all depends on where you are polling.

I think Winni.com does have a wide array of people all of which Love the lake, otherwise they wouldn't be on or part of this website. From the other polls the majority only 20% own a go fast boat / jetski effected by the limits. However looking at these numbers I feel it clearly shows that people do want some type of law just not all or nothing. Whether I agree with that or not is my personal beliefs but from all these discussions it looks like we can work something out to please "most" everyone.

Wouldn't you say?