Thread: Opposers Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
The first few members posting here have hit the nail on the head.I would be willing to guess 75% or more of the opposers do not own go fast boats.I am another one with only a PWC.These people love doing the typical liberal scare tactics and lies about who opposes this speed limit.Why can't people see through this crap?
I think most of us DO see through this crap, and have stated so. I have challenged publicly the pro SL crowd to engage in discussions about water safety, enforcement solutions, enforcement problems on the lake, budget problems, you name it. They will not do it, one of the main reasons for two separate threads on the subject. One thread lists the substantive issues, problems, offers up some suggestions for how to deal with the problems. One thread is for the NO crowd. NO Solutions, NO discussion, All feelings and insinuations, no facts or figures.

Last year and early this was a bad one for the debates. Once facts and figures began to roll, it got nasty. The MP had a statement in the Laconia paper that indicated Speed was not a problem, the thread was pulled. There's a huge difference between having a myopic agenda and pointing out problems and solutions. The Pro SL crowd simply does not care about overall safety on the lake. If they did, they would join in the Captain Bonehead discussions. But since most of those incidents are at speeds way less than their favorite SL, they refrain.