Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lago (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29370)

ishoot308 03-12-2024 01:39 PM

Lago

Anyone been to Lago recently? I understand they do not take reservations but will do call ahead seating. Wondering how bad that would be this Saturday evening??

Any recommendations on food or apps??

Thanks!

Dan

Hillcountry 03-12-2024 01:49 PM

Dan, the last time we were there was early winter and have been a half dozen times over the years. I would recommend it to anyone as the dining experience is quite nice. Very good staff and IMHO, top notch food. (I’m not fussy at all) 🤣 and neither is my wife…
As far as “call ahead’ we never did that and never had any problems getting seated. I guess other’s mileage may vary but we love Lago! Post your experience if you go!

Biggd 03-12-2024 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 391802)
Anyone been to Lago recently? I understand they do not take reservations but will do call ahead seating. Wondering how bad that would be this Saturday evening??

Any recommendations on food or apps??

Thanks!

Dan

They seem to favor people staying in their rooms.
They are always busy, esp Sat nights, although I would think this is one of their slower months.

Major 03-12-2024 04:07 PM

Dan, we like Lago, especially if we can get a seat in the bar area. Solid menu, good food, and good drinks. Of all the Common Man restaurants, we think it is one of the best.

It opens at 5:00 pm, but the lounge opens at 4:00 pm. If you arrive early, I think you can put your name in for the dining room.

We normally go in the summer by boat, and never have an issue mid-week.

Good luck!

phoenix 03-12-2024 04:23 PM

Their ragu bolognese is to die for

Loub52 03-12-2024 07:44 PM

Short ribs, chicken marsala and seafood risotto are also excellent. Great service tonight. Had the short ribs. Try to get there before 5:30 on a Saturday’s to avoid a wait.

Swimmer215 04-30-2024 05:42 AM

Lago

Since we've always liked Common-Man-owned restaurants, we tried Lago twice last year. The decor and view are great, and both times we had excellent service, drinks, bread, apps and salads... but the entrees were not very good. Add to that the fact that they're slammed pretty much ALL the time and the call-ahead seating doesn't seem to buy us anything... so we've pretty much decided not to go back. We'd rather go someplace that takes actual reservations, like Bob House or Giuseppe's, and save ourselves all the hassle.

Biggd 04-30-2024 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer215 (Post 392947)
Since we've always liked Common-Man-owned restaurants, we tried Lago twice last year. The decor and view are great, and both times we had excellent service, drinks, bread, apps and salads... but the entrees were not very good. Add to that the fact that they're slammed pretty much ALL the time and the call-ahead seating doesn't seem to buy us anything... so we've pretty much decided not to go back. We'd rather go someplace that takes actual reservations, like Bob House or Giuseppe's, and save ourselves all the hassle.

My wife and I have always loved Lagos but friends and family that have recently gone there have been disappointed in the service and the food.
We always sit at the bar and the same bartenders have been there for years and give great service and have never had a bad meal..